What did Willis do wrong

What's your claim to fame? Not even flaming. At some point, ya'll are just hating.
Hating over what? Lol!!! The guy is a freaking moron that has no clue what he's doing.
Im pretty **** awesome at my job thanks.
Well...maybe I can be a sports agent on the side because it appears that anybody can claim to be an agent....no matter how much of a clown they are.

Advertisement
Your sure do take the emoji reactions to heart! Oh, and congrates to your son.
2011 3yrs after Graduation from UM

Here's where Gerald Willis went wrong

[IMG alt="Peter Ariz"]https://www.canesinsight.com/data/avatars/m/3/3894.jpg?1535737465[/IMG]
Peter Ariz

JoinedJun 12, 2012Messages11,439
Dec 18, 2018
Signing day tomorrow and there are some ball players joining the family !

Let’s also welcome Gerald Willis III to the First Round Management Family. Absolute disgrace that this man was not a consensus All-American this season. One of the most dominant seasons for a defensive tackle in the last decade in all of CFB !

Congrats to all staff members on recent moves . Jimmys and Joes needed and welcomed

He is AWFUL

Advertisement
Advertisement
****, didn’t realize what you have been through. Much love
Yeah a real mess...She was 18 and was set to enroll in College just a few months later...My ex wife (still very close after the Divorce) went through **** and back (Lymphoma)...went into remission after chemo....but it reappeared 18months later (Lymph nodes) and passed in 2013....You cannot comprehend what I went through from 2007-2018...not to mention losing my mentor in 2010....Heres Wifey and daughter in 1990 Destin fl....

Thank You...2008 UM Grad...although he took alot of time off in 07 because of the Death of his sister (car accident)...his Mom (my ex) passed in 2013 from Lymphoma...Strong kid who I love dearly.
Congrats. He must be a strong kid and UM Law is legit. My brother is a UM Law grad 1994. He was one of the editors of Law review, captain of the moot court team and graduated magma *** laude top 5 or so in his class.

It's the typical hyperbole playing out by the same posters. Willis is front and center for not getting drafted. He was the one responsible, nobody else. If he needed to rely on an agent to get him drafted then he wasn't much of a prospect to begin with. His talents surely weren't enough to overcome all the other BS he has laid down along the path of his college career. I get it, they want to take shots at his agent. But without knowing what the agent did, or didn't do, it's useless attempting to shovel blame away from Willis and onto the guy they love to hate. ****, his own coaches at UM, or even former ones, obviously didn't have good things to say behind closed doors. They have their own reps to protect. Looks like nobody was willing to vouch for the kid, or at least not enough coaches did to sway one team to draft him.

The fact that he wasn't drafted, in a huge position of need for teams within the NFL, shows you that whatever Willis has done to hurt himself over his college career far outweighed his perceived talents on the field. Not some agent who may, or may not have, helped lead his client during the time before the draft.

I agree with 99% of your post. Good stuff.

I think we all just ****ed that player-politics got involved and WE KNOW Gerald willis’ talent will supersede the politics.

Politics meaning, we know Kurt Warner is still a better QB than 50% of the kids starting today. Better yet, two words, Jamarcus russell.

Advertisement
Jock sniffer??....Your *** thinks I GAF about an agent/Lawyer you've been around??...FOH Faqquit....I have a Son who is a Corporate Lawyer in South Fl for a very distinguished Firm...only a complete Moron (similar to you) would think Drew wouldn't have gotten Willis drafted...All of Willis's issues??...Lol....Rosenhaus has had clients that Far exceed Willis's issues....Please go away...
Drew Rosenhaus slithers on his belly and his track record concerning UM players is deplorable (see below for several examples) and the thought, of all people, that Rosenhaus would have improved Willis's draft experience is a combination of insane and hilarious. By the way, in a eerily similar situation, Rosenhaus REALLY helped Forston.

Agent Drew Rosenhaus may be gaining on Ozzie Guillen, Jeff Ireland and Nevin Shapiro as the most hated man in South Florida sports — at least when it comes to UM fans.

Rosenhaus appeared on WQAM this morning to explain why UM’s underclassmen – with the exception of third-round pick Olivier Vernon – were selected lower than anyone expected. Defensive tackle Marcus Forston, one of five Hurricanes who declared early for the NFL Draft, wasn’t even chosen and ended up signing as a free agent with the New England Patriots.

Rosenhaus’ explanation? Ain’t my fault.

“I’m not going to second guess my clients and we’re not going to look back,” Rosenhaus said. “You can’t look back. You can only look forward. When a team drafts a player, you have dozens of people involved…..Ask the teams… how much of a factor an agent has to do with them getting drafted? People can say what they want.”

What people have been saying on Twitter and message boards has not been kind to Rosenhaus. The feeling among UM fans is that Rosenhaus sold UM’s underclassmen a bill of goods that cost the players big money and the Hurricanes a chance to have a good season in 2012.

Tailback Lamar Miller, who ran for 1,272 yards last season and was projected as a first-round pick, fell to the fourth round. Receiver Tommy Streeter, who some analysts saw as a second rounder, was drafted in the sixth round as was guard Brandon Washington. As noted before, Forston wasn’t even selected (I believe he’s the first UM underclassmen to leave school early and not be drafted by an NFL team since fullback Carlo Joseph in 1998.)

What Rosenhaus didn’t address is how much money those underclassmen potentially left on the table by not returning to UM and increasing their value.

Despite their public proclamations, most of UM’s underclassmen had to be disappointed with the result of the draft. Rosenhaus’ advice? Don’t worry, be happy.

“One thing I tell my clients, whether they’re a first-round pick or not drafted is, ‘Hey, keep your chin up'.

Congrats. He must be a strong kid and UM Law is legit. My brother is a UM Law grad 1994. He was one of the editors of Law review, captain of the moot court team and graduated magma *** laude top 5 or so in his class.
Thanks...strong isnt the word...handled it better than me to be Honest...

I think where Drew and a few other top agents excel is in preparation and the resources they make available. Whether or not Drew would have taken Willis, I can't say, but a few former UM guys I know that have been represented by Drew and co. have said compared to most agents, his operation is so well-resourced and well-informed on the league's chatter about a player it's almost worth the shenanigans you deal with at time. Mind you this was from a player who parted ways with him, too.
I gotta think an experienced agent would be better able to put out a fire when needed. If a client is late to a meeting, that grizzled veteran agent would probably come up w some plausible reason for it....

Last edited:
Advertisement
Thank You...2008 UM Grad...although he took alot of time off in 07 because of the Death of his sister (car accident)...his Mom (my ex) passed in 2013 from Lymphoma...Strong kid who I love dearly.

Jeepers man...sincerely, your family is strong and I know you’re the pillar to hold it together. Godspeed, OG.

@caneinorlando fr fr, I’ve always respected your opinion, but I just want you to k ow I’ll root for you now & always.

Last edited:
Also, I gotta think a good agent would be able to put out a fire when needed. If a client is late to a meeting, that agent would come up w some plausible reason.

the real question is after all that Gerald has been through due to his own doing, why is he continuing to bleep up after he just had a redemption type season? stop blaming agents and handlers and others and start looking at the person who's in charge of his own life.

Advertisement
Back