What did Willis do wrong

the real question is after all that Gerald has been through due to his own doing, why is he continuing to bleep up after he just had a redemption type season? stop blaming agents and handlers and others and start looking at the person who's in charge of his own life.
I’m not blaming the agent, yea I know that post sounded like it.... was (clumsily) making a point about experienced vs rookie agents.

Willis ultimately failed himself, and he’ll have to deal w the consequences.

Advertisement
I’m not blaming the agent, yea I know that post sounded like it.... was (clumsily) making a point about experienced vs rookie agents.

Willis ultimately failed himself, and he’ll have to deal w the consequences.

thats true, but i just think willis was bleeped the moment his past was going to get investigated. he failed drug tests at miami, he messed up at UF multiple times, and then messed up post senior year

thats true, but i just think willis was bleeped the moment his past was going to get investigated. he failed drug tests at miami, he messed up at UF multiple times, and then messed up post senior year
Yea no doubt. Nobody should argue with that.

i think he def would've gotten picked if he even played the bowl game and did the rest the same. that would've been a great test to see if he dominated against a good WISC OL
I agree with that... We can bring that back to the agent too. Maybe Pete advised his client to skip the bowl and combine. Maybe Pete insisted he attend and play, but GW ignored him. Would a more experienced agent have forced his player to attend?

I’m not suggesting Pete gave bad advice. Or did anything wrong. But I am wondering if a more experienced agent would’ve allowed his client to go down the path GW did.

But at the end of the day, your initial point holds true.... Willis Fvcked himself.

Advertisement
I agree with that... We can bring that back to the agent too. Maybe Pete advised his client to skip the bowl and combine. Maybe Pete insisted he attend and play, but GW ignored him. Would a more experienced agent have forced his player to attend?

I’m not suggesting Pete gave bad advice. Or did anything wrong. But I am wondering if a more experienced agent would’ve allowed his client to go down the path GW did.

But at the end of the day, your initial point holds true.... Willis Fvcked himself.

true. the saving grace for pete is that he got a kid from Ala State in the first round. we can say pete messed up, but he clearly didnt mess up with howard

true. the saving grace for pete is that he got a kid from Ala State in the first round. we can say pete messed up, but he clearly didnt mess up with howard
Yea. I have a feeling that kid came w fewer headaches than our boy Willis did. Lol

Advertisement
View attachment 84408
Yeah a real mess...She was 18 and was set to enroll in College just a few months later...My ex wife (still very close after the Divorce) went through **** and back (Lymphoma)...went into remission after chemo....but it reappeared 18months later (Lymph nodes) and passed in 2013....You cannot comprehend what I went through from 2007-2018...not to mention losing my mentor in 2010....Heres Wifey and daughter in 1990 Destin fl....

All Canes are family to me

People around here think you can **** around for three years, put in one good year, and all will be forgiven.

Redemption stories make everyone feel warm and fuzzy, and they make for good headlines, but no smart person is going to gamble their cold, hard cash on a redemption story.

It will be the same for N’Kosi Perry.

Once you have a reputation for not being dependable, that sticks with you. People might forgive and forget with their words....but never with their wallets.

It’s why nobody hires ex-cons and former drug addicts. Everyone will congratulate you and praise you for turning your life around, but nobody is going to risk money on you as long as you live.

Once you’ve been caught ******* up, you’re branded for life. That’s simply how the world works.

FIFY

Advertisement
View attachment 84408
Yeah a real mess...She was 18 and was set to enroll in College just a few months later...My ex wife (still very close after the Divorce) went through **** and back (Lymphoma)...went into remission after chemo....but it reappeared 18months later (Lymph nodes) and passed in 2013....You cannot comprehend what I went through from 2007-2018...not to mention losing my mentor in 2010....Heres Wifey and daughter in 1990 Destin fl....
God bless you, my friend. Pounding like that can either break you or strengthen you. Glad you got through and are prospering.

Advertisement
Back