What did Willis do wrong

Advertisement
Brother we both saw this coming yesterday.

Pete has really turned out to be a punk piece of shlt.

This is 100% on him.

People need to stop fronting for Pete.

He’s strictly amateur hour.

Another hustler/hanger-on.

I wouldn’t let him represent my dog.

I keep telling you people

every single one of you that do that "I don't get the hate for pete" or "you guys don't have a lot to do?"...

do you people get it yet, why the fck is he still a mod on this **** forum for???

I think most people here overestimate just what Pete does.

Not defending Ariz, but I agree. Seriously doubt NFL prospects would listen to a pip squeak who never played the game on draft advice. A lotta people want to hold everybody but Willis accountable, even if only half the rumors I'm reading are true.

Seriously doubt JT will go undrafted...unlike Willis, His speed is a redeeming quality.

And what happens when Jeff Thomas tests like a 30th percentile athlete or something? In one year's time...our narrative on Jeff Thomas is going be identical to some of these other conversations we are having. He's not a mature man, he's small, his production is only ok, and if he's not an ELITE athlete? Yet, we are going to be having people on here calling him a Day 2 pick AT WORST for most of the summer and throughout the season.

Now, maybe he becomes a top receiver in the nation and he tests like an elite NFL athlete. Maybe. But maybe not. I don't see the latter scenario changing how fans on this forum view him as a prospect. Which, is ultimately what we're fleshing through here with Willis.

Advertisement
So, he doesn’t show up to the Dallas meeting, and doesn’t really communicate with them. Pretty dumb. Willis might have been the 58th pick overall instead of the UCF kid.

Who really knows. But how serious can he be taken if he doesn’t make the meeting with the team that really considered him. It seems that there wasn’t even communication after that

We gonna be having the same exact conversation about Jeff Thomas, ain't we?

Like...we already know how that one is going to go down and y'all still gonna act shocked.
Yup. Thomas is probably a 5th rounder AT BEST right now. If he has a 1k+ yard season next year and keeps his head on straight he may move into a late 3rd rounder and that’s being generous. That’s pretty much his draft ceiling for the time being though

So, he doesn’t show up to the Dallas meeting, and doesn’t really communicate with them. Pretty dumb. Willis might have been the 58th pick overall instead of the UCF kid.

Who really knows. But how serious can he be taken if he doesn’t make the meeting with the team that really considered him. It seems that there wasn’t even communication after that

Right...and they say the UCF kid had some "coachability" issues. It's like I've always thought, post season bowl games, combines, & interviews are where NFL prospects stocks rise or fall.

Advertisement
When was the last season of football that Jeff Thomas didn’t quit the team? Freshman year of high school? He is going to have to prove that from here on out he has completely changed. And the NFL might need 2 years of him being a non-quitter.

I will happily take him for two more years 😉

Advertisement
That sounds like a passive aggressive indictment against Willis, no? Richt could have easily vouched for him and gave teams his blessing. The silent treatment probably scared teams off.

Absolutely baseless. nobody gave him a bigger opportunity at redemption, nor extra rope than CMR.

Even if he tests like an ELITE athlete...what will distinguish him from the other elite athletes at the WR position in the draft. Emanuel Hall, 99th percentile athlete, 6'2" 200lbs, 2nd Team All-SEC, one of the nation's leaders in yards per reception just went undrafted.

Just saw that kid's YPC, yeah, I'm surprised He didn't get drafted. But I'm sure He'll be in somebody's camp as an UDFA.

Absolutely baseless. nobody gave him a bigger opportunity at redemption, nor extra rope than CMR.
Which is exactly why I don't understand that some here allege Richt didn't say anything about Willis to scouts. Do people not realize how insanely thorough the draft scouting process is these days? If a player farts, an NFL team wants to know about it.

And we have it on authority that UF coaches badmouthed Willis. Does anyone really believe that NFL teams wouldn't cross-reference any such allegations by his recent team, the one where he served as captain? It's precisely those types of players with red flags that are investigated by NFL teams the most. But we're supposed to pretend that no coach from Miami was asked about Willis and teams just blindly took UF's word and removed a guy with a 2nd/3rd round grade off their board? Please.

Advertisement
Looking at this inversely, it is what it is. In life, sometimes nothing is guaranteed to you. What this does for Willis is he’s under no pressure to perform like a high rounder. Willis just has to do Willis. He’ll take the lemons he’s been handed and make lemonade out of it. He will. He’ll shine in no time and you’ll see some teams that had a need at that position and passed on him, lament about it while their picks don’t pan out. It happens every year, with every draft (Doofus Dolphins, historically). Granted he won’t make the money up front, he’ll make it up in a couple of years with his talent and effort.

How did Willis behave as a Miami player the last two years?

How did he perform on the scout team in 2017 and as a player in 2018?

What have you heard from both the coaches and his teammates the last two years?

Did he lose the drive and determination he had the last 2 years overnight?

It’s not like he was a problem child at Miami...and he played lights out...at least compared to what we’ve had at DT in the last 15 years.

Is it possible that Simpson or one of the other offensive coaches like Brown or Donk badmouthed him...yes, but unlikely.

There's no way in **** that GM's, coaches, and/or scouts did not reach out to Richt about all his draftable players. Garret admitted on tape that he spoke to Richt that morning before drafting Joe Jack. Even with this failures at the U, Richt is still a highly respected coach and his word would go farther than others in Willis' past. Especially since Richt had him the last 2 years and helped Willis get his **** together.

There's way more to this story than we'll ever know. I hope GW takes this opportunity by the short hairs and balls out.

Willis’s mistake was going with an agency that had no experience on how to sell his situation or prep him correctly! What he owes them in upfront fees is going to be more than his first contract smh! That’s on Willis listening to his boys advice on representation! Not going to get into his agency but they were woefully unprepared on how to handle that! He’s going to be alright but Willis is going to be in debt for a hot minute. Simpson lost all cred with me bruh! Willis production is basically is one of the reason why he has the job at the Falcons and that’s how you did him! Fluck him

Advertisement
Back