What did Willis do wrong

Advertisement
His agents advice of not playing in the bowl game, Senior bowl, participating in the nfl combine on top of his “meh” pro day & character history is what did him in. His agents are idiots for this trail of advising they gave him. That finger injury was nothing & makes him look weak & suspect with regard to how badly he wanted to play in the NFL.

His agents probably gave him a ton of upfront money that he doesn’t have to pay back...that’s likely why he signed with them but their advice to him was elite level ****.
Yeah if he truly wasn’t hurt , and missed the game vs Wisconsin, senior bowl and combine then that’s just bad advice from whoever he was getting it from. The athletic had an interview saying he was late to meetings at the combine and said he had “family issues” for a reason of why he couldn’t attend a nfl team visit. That’s not good practice especially if you want to get drafted really

Last edited:
I'm absolutely no fan of Rosenscum but you couldn't be more offbase about minimalizing his ability to assuage front office concerns vs 7th Round's obvious complete inability on that front.

There is ZERO chance that a Rosenscum client projected by most as 2nd-3rd rounder ends up as an UFA. Rosenscum's Draft Day failures have been pretty much limited to the reverse- convincing kids that they would go higher than the consensus projections.
Anyone who thinks Rosenhaus wouldn't have had Willis in the 1st 3-4 rounds are crazy...

Advertisement
Were established agents not willing to take Willis? I can't imagine that's the case. No way. So WTF was he doing signing with 7th Round Management?!? That was Boulware-level dumb. And, sadly, now he's paid the price.

Advertisement
With Marty morhinwheg son at uf
Ok, thanks for the info. Gerald has a lot of baggage. I'm glad he got this wake up call. He seems like a changed man. Hopefully, this is a friendly reminder to all that your past can haunt you. Also, you will eventually pay for your past wrong doings. Whether individually or your nation.

I don’t think it had anything to do with his agent. From Manny Navarro’s article, it sounds like he was bad mouthed by people at Florida, AND some old coaches on Golden and Richt’s Staff. I live in Atlanta, and I was sure the Falcons and Jess Simpson would grab him once he started to get passed up.

I don’t think it had anything to do with his agent. From Manny Navarro’s article, it sounds like he was bad mouthed by people at Florida, AND some old coaches on Golden and Richt’s Staff. I live in Atlanta, and I was sure the Falcons and Jess Simpson would grab him once he started to get passed up.
So you think if he was one of Drew's he goes undrafted?!? Cmon, man.

Advertisement
Character concerns.
Tested like a near non-NFL athlete.
Film isn't as good as you think it is.

I am sure, over the years at Florida and Miami, area scouts have heard way more bad about him as a dude than they have good things. It is what it is. I hope he's grown as a man. I think he has from my limited knowledge, but it is what it is. You're asking a lot of an agent to do their part in undoing a lot of his reputation.

I speak on athletic testing enough. Simply put, thats on him for not preparing to perform better.

I'm not sure if it was gogeta or Macho...but someone mentioned he was a splash player on film and I'd agree. If you take a deeper dive into his tape...there is a lot of plays where he doesn't exist. The good is awesome...definitely worthy of a draft pick...but I guess NFL teams ain't gonna risk draft capital on the upside.

He'll get a chance...but he's gotta work twice as hard now, get better as an athlete, football player, and man. He signed with a good organization thatll give him a chance. He can do it, but there is no safety net now.

He straight up missed the meeting with the team that wanted him

Advertisement
Yeah if he truly wasn’t hurt , and missed the game vs Wisconsin, senior bowl and combine then that’s just bad advice from whoever he was getting it from. The athletic had an interview saying he was late to meetings at the combine and said he had “family issues” for a reason of why he couldn’t attend a nfl team visit. That’s not good practice especially if you want to get drafted really

That’s crazy if so...he has to appear to be all in. NFL front office people are a fickle bunch.

That’s crazy if so...he has to appear to be all in. NFL front office people are a fickle bunch.
They will dock you for the littlest things for sure and if you combine the litany of issues he has had before then they use that against you. Now that I’m taking a step back it kind of does make sense a little bit. But ultimately he should have still been picked late

He indisputably had the most dominant defensive season by any Cane in the last decade.

Incredibly shocked he wasn’t drafted.

Advertisement
Back