What’s our chances as of now against Bammer…

Look, I just want to see what fellow canes think of our chances to win this game. I’m a die hard Cane but also know football. I thought we had a chance against Clemson last year….nope. I’m still optimistic though, I think we’ll be better this year. Talk to me what y’all think.

1624645533994.png

And

1624645564949.png

Advertisement
We often play up to the competition...we suck against bad teams but play our best when we are underdogs ala the last ND game. Keep us within a score into the 4th and anything can happen. We are heavy underdogs for a reason, but we do have some studs.
Except the two Clemson games that followed.

We often play up to the competition...we suck against bad teams but play our best when we are underdogs ala the last ND game. Keep us within a score into the 4th and anything can happen. We are heavy underdogs for a reason, but we do have some studs.

How did that work out in the last two games against Clemson? That is where Bama will be- not ND.

Except the two Clemson games that followed.

True but I think we actually match up better against Alabama than Clemson. I still think we lose, and I think Alabama is more talented than Clemson, but as far as matchups go…weirdly I think Clemson is tougher for us.

Advertisement
Why is that?

Dabo is more smoke and mirrors, and Saban wants to just line up and beat you toe to toe.

If I think about the games Miami has lost in the past years, it’s rarely because someone just lines up and out-talents us….it’s usually because we’re not disciplined and find a way to shoot ourself in the foot.

Saban is better at straight up beating you, Dabo is elite at making you beat yourself. I like us better against the first scenario.

Joaquin Gonzalez stated it best in the Barry J article

“Lose to Alabama by [expletive] 10, not by [expletive] 35. And compete and show that you belong to play an opponent like that. We haven’t seen that. We have a first test in Alabama. Let’s be realists. I want them to win. I expect them to win. But I feel more importantly right now, given the state of the program the way it’s been the last couple of years, I want them to show some progression, show some balls and [expletive] compete. We have the talent.”

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article252111188.html#storylink=cpy

Dabo is more smoke and mirrors, and Saban wants to just line up and beat you toe to toe.

If I think about the games Miami has lost in the past years, it’s rarely because someone just lines up and out-talents us….it’s usually because we’re not disciplined and find a way to shoot ourself in the foot.

Saban is better at straight up beating you, Dabo is elite at making you beat yourself. I like us better against the first scenario.

My concern is Saban (consider all the resources at their disposal) can do both. He’ll just start with “straight up” because usually it’s more than enough. But the other side is there too, if they happen to need it.

Advertisement
Last year, we played the number 1 team in the country with the number one player in the country in their yard and lost by 24.

Since that time,

1. Our wr corp have gotten markedly better (Harley, maturity, addition of Rambo)
2. Our OL has gotten markedly better (Donaldson back in better shape, Nelson, veteran line)
3. Our coaching staff is better (TRob)
4. We have some of the best safeties in the country (Bubba Bolden, healthy Avantae, Ed Reed giving tips)
5. We have some of the best CB's in the ACC (Couch all ACC, Tyreke Stevenson, vets)
6. Our freshmen RB's become sophs (Bring on Chaney and Thad)
7. Best punter in the country. (This guy is going to save us more than once)
7. Most importantly, if DK is a go he's going to better than or equal to whoever Alabama has at qb.

I don't believe that this Alabama team is appreciably better than the Clemson team from last year. Maybe they turn out to be incredible. I believe that we are going to be appreciably better than last year.

I won't predict a score but I'll say this, if we don't let them put us down deep early we've got a chance to win.

So you think the last two losses to Clemson were because of smoke and mirrors- created by Dabo?

Last year, we played the number 1 team in the country with the number one player in the country in their yard and lost by 24.

Since that time,

1. Our wr corp have gotten markedly better (Harley, maturity, addition of Rambo)
2. Our OL has gotten markedly better (Donaldson back in better shape, Nelson, veteran line)
4. We have some of the best safeties in the country (Bubba Bolden, healthy Avantae, Ed Reed giving tips)
5. We have some of the best CB's in the ACC (Couch all ACC, Tyreke Stevenson, vets)
7. Most importantly, if DK is a go he's going to better than or equal to whoever Alabama has at qb.

I don't believe that this Alabama team is appreciably better than the Clemson team from last year. Maybe they turn out to be incredible. I believe that we are going to be appreciably better than last year.

I won't predict a score but I'll say this, if we don't let them put us down deep early we've got a chance to win.

We didn’t play the actual number one team though.

Since that time,

That score was not as bad as the beating on the field. They had 550 yards of offense, we had 210, they had 34 first downs, we had 9. It was a complete mismatch and far worse than the 24 point beating you are actually touting here somehow.

Advertisement
That score was not as bad as the beating on the field. They had 550 yards of offense, we had 210, they had 34 first downs, we had 9. It was a complete mismatch and far worse than the 24 point beating you are actually touting here somehow.
Its never about yards or whether a team dominates another. Its always the score at the end. Teams dominate yards and lose games.

Advertisement
That is true. But they were ranked #1. And technically Alabama may not be the #1 team at the end of the season.

I just read this over- which I never do- but I don’t want to be banned again for being “mean.”

I misread the Bama part. You meant going forward. My sincere apologies.

Advertisement
Back