What’s our chances as of now against Bammer…

OK man, if you say so, but myself? I can spot a complete mismatch when I see one, add that was one...... lol
We all can. Its a pretty easy position right now. Just tryin to give hope to people who want to believe. I want to believe that we're going to do to Alabama what we did to ND!! Shock the f***** world!

Advertisement
9 months to put together a game plan to at minimum compete

Have staff members who have faced Bama with less talent than we had and have stayed close with them

Also Bill O Brian blows he will have them doing some over complicated nonsense

OK man, if you say so, but myself? I can spot a complete mismatch when I see one, add that was one...... lol
And on another note, you probably see mismatches because you see stars. Alabama guys 5 stars our guys 3-4 stars. I'd say judge based on NFL prospects. It'll give you a different perspective. I know that Alabama has first rounders and that matters. but we've got enough NFL guys on our roster to put up a fight.

We all can. Its a pretty easy position right now. Just tryin to give hope to people who want to believe. I want to believe that we're going to do to Alabama what we did to ND!! Shock the f***** world!
Miami was a 3 point underdog, at home, at night, and ranked 4 spots lower. The only shock was to us as fans because we finally didn't **** the bed against a team with a pulse. The world was in no way shocked

That score was not as bad as the beating on the field. They had 550 yards of offense, we had 210, they had 34 first downs, we had 9. It was a complete mismatch and far worse than the 24 point beating you are actually touting here somehow.

I was there that night. In a lot of ways it was worse than the score indicated. Especially their defense vs our offense, they really pushed us around. Up front, on the perimeter, we couldn't run block, we couldn't pass block. It was men amongst boys at times.

But there were also a lot of opportunities for us to make it a game, and we just couldn't do it. 50/50 balls on the outside, dumb penalties, all that. I felt our defense held up slightly decent for playing such a good team on the road. Really should've had a stop on the first drive of the game, line up offsides. Get them behind the chains, personal fouls. It wasn't just absolute domination from start to finish, but like I said it was worse than the final score indicated too because of special teams.

Bottom line, they were a much better football team, and we played our D+ game. A lot of that has to do with them being better, but stuff like lining up offsides on 4th and 4 has nothing to do with Clemson being good.

I expect the kids to be a lot more prepared against Bama. I feel like the 2021 Game 1 team will be MUCH better than the team we rolled into Clemson with that night. And while Bryce Young is going to be an absolute superstar, the chances of him being 3rd year Trevor Lawrence in his first start are pretty slim. We just have to be MUCH better on the lines than we were last year at Clemson.

Advertisement
And on another note, you probably see mismatches because you see stars. Alabama guys 5 stars our guys 3-4 stars. I'd say judge based on NFL prospects. It'll give you a different perspective. I know that Alabama has first rounders and that matters. but we've got enough NFL guys on our roster to put up a fight.
Not a star guy at all, I'm an offer sheet guy. But talent wise we are overmanned.

Miami was a 3 point underdog, at home, at night, and ranked 4 spots lower. The only shock was to us as fans because we finally didn't **** the bed against a team with a pulse. The world was in no way shocked
Gotta say I was. Never expected to beat them down like that.

So you think the last two losses to Clemson were because of smoke and mirrors- created by Dabo?

I only really recall any details of the last game. Speaking just for that one then, the biggest reason Miami lost, in my opinion, was due to mental mistakes.

I think Miami struggles any time they’re forced to play calm, disciplined, mistake-free assignment football, and I think Dabo’s system maximizes the chance that his opponent will make a mental mistake and is built to capitalize on it.

Not saying Alabama doesn’t use misdirection or anything, but Dabo makes a living on gimmick football IMO.

I don’t think Clemson is much more talented than Miami. I do think Alabama is…especially last year’s Alabama. But Clemson is a matchup problem because we suck against teams like that IMO

I definitely wasn’t shocked we beat them that way

Advertisement
I only really recall any details of the last game. Speaking just for that one then, the biggest reason Miami lost, in my opinion, was due to mental mistakes.

I think Miami struggles any time they’re forced to play calm, disciplined, mistake-free assignment football, and I think Dabo’s system maximizes the chance that his opponent will make a mental mistake and is built to capitalize on it.

Not saying Alabama doesn’t use misdirection or anything, but Dabo makes a living on gimmick football IMO.

I don’t think Clemson is much more talented than Miami. I do think Alabama is…especially last year’s Alabama. But Clemson is a matchup problem because we suck against teams like that IMO

I actually forced myself to see how we lost and you completely correct. The first drive roche drops a int and is also lined up offsides. There was actually a point in the game where the we went into the locker room with momentum. Came out went 3 and out . Clemson got the ball back we forced a fumble got the ball back. The score is 24-10 at this point we are driving and we take a shot to the end zone to Wiggins and he falls down and the ball is picked off. Literally beat our selves. Also our WRs didn’t help us once that game smh

We aren’t even predicted to win our own weak-*** conference — WTF are we even entertaining competing w Bama?

This game is the Junior Varsity team going up against the Varsity team…

If the line ends up around 19 points, then typically in college football that translates to a 3% chance of winning as judged by the betting public (and somewhat backed up historically).

Advertisement
Advertisement

Somebody who doesn’t think Bama will be the best team in the history of the sport.

I hope we shock them, but if your life depended on it and you were betting the mortgage on the over under, which of these teams do you think would be most likely to put that one loss on them: Miami, Florida, Texas A&M or Auburn?

I hope we shock them, but if your life depended on it and you were betting the mortgage on the over under, which of these teams do you think would be most likely to put that one loss on them: Miami, Florida, Texas A&M or Auburn?
The team with the best quarterback, by far, of those four teams.

I actually forced myself to see how we lost and you completely correct. The first drive roche drops a int and is also lined up offsides. There was actually a point in the game where the we went into the locker room with momentum. Came out went 3 and out . Clemson got the ball back we forced a fumble got the ball back. The score is 24-10 at this point we are driving and we take a shot to the end zone to Wiggins and he falls down and the ball is picked off. Literally beat our selves. Also our WRs didn’t help us once that game smh
That call was BS though Roche wasn’t offsides, if so they would have threw the flag earlier

Advertisement
Back