What’s our chances as of now against Bammer…

The team with the best quarterback, by far, of those four teams.
If I were a betting man, I'd take the team with the best O-line and history. As I said about our other two SEC openers, the SEC recruits to attack an SEC front 7, Miami doesn't .

How many sacks did we allow in those two openers? Best QB's still need time to throw and Bama has for decades neutralized a lot of Best QBs with the pressure they bring and DBs they trot out.

LSU had 4 sacks (5 hurries) against us, we had two sacks against them.
Florida had 10 sacks (5 hurries) against us, we had one sack against them.

We're hoping this O-line (with some of the same guys who were responsible for those stats and who were dominated by a young, new Clemson DL) finally shows up during a season, otherwise its more of the same. Then again, it would help if we bring a running game.

Advertisement
If I were a betting man, I'd take the team with the best O-line and history. As I said about our other two SEC openers, the SEC recruits to attack an SEC front 7, Miami doesn't .

How many sacks did we allow in those two openers? Best QB's still need time to throw and Bama has for decades neutralized a lot of Best QBs with the pressure they bring and DBs they trot out.

LSU had 4 sacks (5 hurries) against us, we had two sacks against them.
Florida had 10 sacks (5 hurries) against us, we had one sack against them.

We're hoping this O-line (with some of the same guys who were responsible for those stats and who were dominated by a young, new Clemson DL) finally shows up during a season, otherwise its more of the same. Then again, it would help if we bring a running game.

I chose this game because Ty Detmer played with what I considered to be enormous toughness. We pounded him all night and he wouldn't quit. He refused to lose. I think that DK could replicate that toughness.

It was also #1 Miami's first game of the season.

BYU would not win the championship. Instead they would lose 3 times and get demolished by Texas a & m. Miami would end the season ranked third and raped Texas 46-3.

BYU just decided that they were not going to lose to Miami in the shadow of Adam Smith. Its not that easy, but it kinda is.

How much you want it does matter.

I haven't seen us really wanting anything since ND. That includes facing Clemson twice, so, that's not exactly our strong suit either. But I'm with you I want to see us show the world.

We blowout Alabama in the first half. The most difficult part of the game for us, will be staying in it mentally in the second half. Where are we ranked after we beat them?

We blowout Alabama in the first half. The most difficult part of the game for us, will be staying in it mentally in the second half. Where are we ranked after we beat them?
Depends what other programs do ahead of us in their first game.

When LSU beat us in 2018, they jumped from 25th all the way up to 11th. So we surely get a top 10 ranking if we beat Bama (which would be one of the bigger upsets in recent history anyway).

Advertisement
Depends what other programs do ahead of us in their first game.

When LSU beat us in 2018, they jumped from 25th all the way up to 11th. So we surely get a top 10 ranking if we beat Bama (which would be one of the bigger upsets in recent history anyway).
I’d like to think we get a top ten ranking. However, I’d bet against it, only because they love to hate us.

I’d like to think we get a top ten ranking. However, I’d bet against it, only because they love to hate us.
Nah, if we beat Bama, we will get a top ten ranking. We are a 18.5 underdog, it would be one of the bigger upsets College Football has seen in recent memory.

Just for comparison sake, Miami was a 11 point favourite vs FSU last season.

Advertisement
Obviously hope for a win but realistically I’m just hoping we can keep it competitive.Very few if anyone other than us wearing orange and green glasses give us much of a chance.

I just don’t want to get boat-raced on National TV again.

Nah, if we beat Bama, we will get a top ten ranking. We are a 18.5 underdog, it would be one of the bigger upsets College Football has seen in recent memory.

Just for comparison sake, Miami was a 11 point favourite vs FSU last season.
Believe it it not, but 18 point dogs win about 6% of the time. That's still LONG ODDS, but it could happen.

Miami 28-23. This isn’t the same Miami team of five years ago, let alone last year. The retain age of extra players will be of added benefit.

Advertisement
A lot of the doubt (rightfully so) is based upon what Miami has NOT been able to do with the talent it has. Eventually it's going to turn. I hope it's this game and this Season.

Bama has a LOT of pieces to reassemble. Rattle them early and let the chips fall.

To just give up before we step on the field is not Cane like at all!!!

I B E L I E V E!

Advertisement

40 straight non-conference regular-season wins​

In 2007, Saban’s team went 1-2 vs. non-conference opponents in the regular season. Since then, Alabama has dominated non-SEC foes, going 4-0 against them every regular season for 10 straight years. The last non-SEC team to beat Alabama in regular-season play? Louisiana-Monroe in November 2007.

Bammer by at least 1 PT.

I could see us winning this game then losing to App St and UNC lol to take the shine off the season.

Saban is a smart mutha flucka.. He catches teams when there down in the opener. Has he lost and opener yet?

Advertisement
Back