What’s our chances as of now against Bammer…

On one hand I agree with your statement regarding Young being crowned before he takes a legitimate snap of college football + part of the Jobe comment; don't think he has it in him to be an elite defender... But uh yeah he can lock up Harley, he's a reliable WR but limited in his skillset and not uber talented. Hard worker, a fighter, absolutely.
Harley knows em all well as he grew up w Jobe and Daniel Wright, and wasn’t battle at Aquinas? I think Harley is better than given credit for…his smarts coupled w the fighter and work ethic makes him dangerous. I guarantee you he worked even harder this off season to build on his success. You all make good points, but I’m still convinced Harley is becoming a really really good football player and will have much success against Bamas secondary.

Advertisement
It's about as likely as a LeBron James team losing in the first round of the playoffs.
So basically King needs to throw for 400 and we need the quivalent of AD (so prolly like 6-7 in the two deep) to get hurt

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm of the opinion that we have a puncher's chance. I wouldn't have been as optimistic the last few years, but we have the best chance in a long time.

It will set the tone for the year.
deontay wilder GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

All it takes is one punch. 🙌

Shook? Not at all. I’m not playing.

Just realistic.

This is like a mutual fund that performs each and every year, and people are coming up with 1 million different reasons why this year will be different. Amazing. This year will be different than the last 15 years for Alabama? OK, sure.

Like I said, we have a punchers chance. If they play a bad game, we play our best game, and we out scheme and out coach them. That’s the only way.

Anybody that says any differently, is not looking at the situation realistically.

Can we beat them? Yes. Is it likely? Not very. Only if the things I delineated above occur, then will we beat them.

And unless otherwise noted, talent wise, they out class us every position except quarterback (assuming King is 100% or close). Their talent is that much better than everyone else, every year.

I didn’t see this response.

Let me be specific so no one gets the wrong impression from my thoughts:

1. I’m not saying we should or will win this game.

2. What I’m saying is if there is any time to play Bama, it would be this yr b/c we’re flaunting an experienced defense that have multiple blue chip players (per their 247 rankings) vs. a young, inexperienced Bama’s O

3. Even if we do lose, it should not, I repeat NOT a blood bath, not against this Bama team, this early in the season. Why? B/c Bama’s O has a new OC scheme/concept in which new starters will have to pick up vs. a defense that’s been apart of the same system for 6 yrs and we’re a very mature team on this side of the ball.

4. If we come out & get steam rolled after we were embarrassed to end the season last yr, then I’m going to be sorely, sorely disappointed & flat out angry.

5. The excuses we’ve used to justify the level of unseen mediocrity during the modern version of The U is no longer applicable.
-We’re not young & inexperienced
-We’re not suffering from attrition
-Same OC
-Same DC
-Continuity
-Returning starters
-No Covid-19 interfering
- 8 of our 11 “projected starters” were considered blue chip prospects (King bumped to a 4 star during the transfer process)
-7 of our 11 “projected starters” were considered blue chip prospects.

I mean we have all the ingredients to at least be competitive. If UF can be competitive, if Ole **** can be competitive, then dammit, we bets be competitive

Advertisement
Advertisement
Look, I just want to see what fellow canes think of our chances to win this game. I’m a die hard Cane but also know football. I thought we had a chance against Clemson last year….nope. I’m still optimistic though, I think we’ll be better this year. Talk to me what y’all think.
A snowball in **** has a better chance of winning this game than we do. It'll resemble last year's UNC game at best. I just hope it's not a massacre like the Clemson game that got Golden canned. If it is, it's time for Manny to hit the road. If we had any chance of getting a real coach, maybe it would be better to lose big. However, with Blake James and this BOT, there's absolutely NO chance of that.

Why do we always get games like this to start the season? Are these blowouts designed by the ACC to destroy our seasons before they even start? Hate this damned conference.

Last edited:
A snowball in **** has a better chance of winning this game than we do. It'll resemble last year's UNC game. I just hope it's not a massacre like the Clemson game that got Golden canned. If it is, it's time for Manny to hit the road.
Did you only date ugly chicks because you knew they'd say yes?

This is a chance at the defending national champs and we have the opportunity to knock them back to reality.

We have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Advertisement
Back