What’s our chances as of now against Bammer…

Advertisement
Saban believes his new coaching staff is a bigger problem than lack of starters. Both are problems but Nick is telling friends this will be a challenging year mainly due to his lack of confidence with the new staff.

Manny Diaz coached teams get blown out in games like these.
Games like these?
Top 10?
2 games.
#2 Clemson- blowout loss- '20
#8 Florida- close loss- '19.

Top 20?
Add 3 more.
#20 NC -blowout loss-'20.
#18 UL- win- '20
#20 UVA- win- '19

Look, I just want to see what fellow canes think of our chances to win this game. I’m a die hard Cane but also know football. I thought we had a chance against Clemson last year….nope. I’m still optimistic though, I think we’ll be better this year. Talk to me what y’all think.

In the immortal words of Sir Winston Churchill:
“A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” -Winston Churchill Go Canes
Miami 44-41

Advertisement
Properly choosing what to run and when makes all the difference in the world. Do it wrong and there is no shot at execution. Do it right, you give yourself a chance.

I been watching bum coaches talking what you are talking my entire life. Those guys always get fired.

It is the type of thinking that makes you do half back pass in the snow. It makes you run tight end reverse at the 10 yard line. It makes you run 4 verts against a blitz heavy team with no hot route or check down.

If you think we can waltz out there and call any old stupid play at any time, you know a lot less about football than I thought. Saying the player’s have to execute to beat Bama will win the Captain Obvious Man of the Year award.
Well..nobody thinks we’re winning with a halfback pass in the snow...

Saban is one of, if not the best, DB coaches in the nation. He likes to put his CBs on an island and make you beat them 1-on-1. The teams thatve given Bama trouble the past few years have all had high-end/elite WRs.

I think we all agree we don’t. And king isn’t exactly accurate when throwing downfield. Not a great matchup from that perspective.

Add in the coaching mismatch and idk… probably a pipe dream.
Besides the notable mismatch of our front seven vs their OL, this is the second aspects that sticks out like a sore thumb. Our receiver room has no one that puts fear into the heart of a defense. Harley is 5'10 and skinny, Rambo isn't physical, Pope & Wiggins are non-factors, and the young guys are question marks. We don't have any gadget or really fast players besides Brashard or anyone who makes difficult catches.

Whether their DB's are inexperienced or not, their coach isn't and that puts us at a disadvantage.

This x100. Coaching matters. Really really matters. They have Saban, we have Diaz. One is a real coach, the other is a politician. Please don’t confuse off-season Manny with football coach Manny. Football coach Manny sucks.
But Saban got out coached by sumlin...I mean..just using your logic

but we all understand 1 game is 1 game. We all know what Bama represents. But **** y’all are some scared *** mofos. I couldn’t be a teammate of a lot y’all lol..I’m not saying be irrational but **** y’all really spooked 😂

Besides the notable mismatch of our front seven vs their OL, this is the second aspects that sticks out like a sore thumb. Our receiver room has no one that puts fear into the heart of a defense. Harley is 5'10 and skinny, Rambo isn't physical, Pope & Wiggins are non-factors, and the young guys are question marks. We don't have any gadget or really fast players besides Brashard or anyone who makes difficult catches.

Whether their DB's are inexperienced or not, their coach isn't and that puts us at a disadvantage.
Jobe is a mental midget and will get absolutely roasted by our WRs, TE, and RB out of the backfield. And Hes their most experienced DB! If DK has time to throw, we eat their secondary alive.

Advertisement
Jobe is a mental midget and will get absolutely roasted by our WRs, TE, and RB out of the backfield. And Hes their most experienced DB! If DK has time to throw, we eat their secondary alive.
Again, their inexperience means little to me. Saban's secondaries are physical AND fast historically. We need to find a way to counter that.

Again, their inexperience means little to me. Saban's secondaries are physical AND fast historically. We need to find a way to counter that.
Rambo was successful against them when they had a better secondary. Jobe as a corner doesn’t have the brain or the hips to hang w our WRs…they’ve played w and against him and know it. I’m not ****ing down my pant leg w worry.

Elijah Moore and Kenny Yeboah. That was also the third game into the season which they still won. Mallory could have a good game if we use him like Ole Miss used Yeboah.

They also didn't have another game like that until they faced UF, whose offense featured two 1st round picks, in the SECCG.

Advertisement
Rambo was successful against them when they had a better secondary. Jobe as a corner doesn’t have the brain or the hips to hang w our WRs…they’ve played w and against him and know it. I’m not ****ing down my pant leg w worry.
Rambo had one big play in which he beat two safeties in the slot for a TD after Kyler scrambled in the pocket and made an amazing throw. He's was the #3 at OU and is now our #1 which means he's seeing their best corner now. You know Jobe doesn't have the brain or hips or are you basing this off of his HS career?

Part of it. And seeing some of his play and hearing from Bama fans that’s he’s overrated. They are worried about their secondary as well. So you’re telling me Jobe has the hips and feet to man up w Harley, and Rambo all day. No way. We’ll find out soon.

Advertisement
Part of it. And seeing some of his play and hearing from Bama fans that’s he’s overrated. They are worried about their secondary as well. So you’re telling me Jobe has the hips and feet to man up w Harley, and Rambo all day. No way. We’ll find out soon.
You're using "part" of his play from almost four years ago and "some" of his play at Bama. Their fans don't say he's overrated either lol. Yes, I'm telling you he has the feet and hips to keep up with Harley and Rambo. Neither are elite route runners bruh.

On one hand I agree with your statement regarding Young being crowned before he takes a legitimate snap of college football + part of the Jobe comment; don't think he has it in him to be an elite defender... But uh yeah he can lock up Harley, he's a reliable WR but limited in his skillset and not uber talented. Hard worker, a fighter, absolutely.

This is more possible than people think.

Their defense can be had. We have to sell out on the run and hit the quarterback.

The key to all off it is:

1. Does Manny believe and the players see it?

2. The gameplan.

Every dynasty has that moment at the end of their run where they inexplicably play below what they have shown for years. We have the tools to be that team. The question is do we have the coaching.
It's about as likely as a LeBron James team losing in the first round of the playoffs.

Advertisement
Back