What’s our chances as of now against Bammer…

We blow them out in the first half. They’ll make a run, but we win and by more than any of you think. It’s a huge game for us and the program. I’ll guess 37-24 Miami wins. I’ll also go on record that Tyrique bullies Metchie and gets called for an early flag on the first drive. He’ll start working his way into the conversation for the first round because of that game. It’s Miami and we’re back.
I don't want us to blow them out ..I just want us to show up and play like we belong.. like really prepared for the fight.. and if we do that sky's the limit.. especially with the last 2 classes we should be at most competitive..🙌🏾3️⃣0️⃣5️⃣

Advertisement
There's something buzzing around this program right now... I want to believe, this time, it's not just hype! We have a QB! We have a legit OC! We have an experienced OL! We have an uber athletic TE and some hungry WRs! And, for the first time decade, we have a defensive staff that could rival some SEC schools. Our defensive staff deserves to be at the University of Miami!

If I had to choose, out of the past 15 years, a UM team that had to play that BAMA team, this is the team I want! Sight unseen, this is the team! I know people is coral gables understand the significance of this game! I think that why we see Manny hitting the portal as hard as he's been. He knows what a win on a stage like that, against a program like BAMA (who will fielding an extremely inexperienced team, by their standards) can do for his team, program, career, etc. Win on Sept 4th, and Manny isn't kissing any 16 year olds *** into signing a LOI. Win on Sept 4th, and a Manny Diaz is literally mayor of Miami again!

Some of you young guys weren't around for the start of the last dynasty. Games like these, where the entire nation overlooked us, is what this program is built on! Win, loss, or draw I think we make a big statement come Sept 4th!

Manny putting everything on his shoulders this season is ridiculous but I applaud him for that.. and if he pulls the type of season 10 win boy oh boy.. how would yall feel then ??? Right direction??? Especially if we can keep the staff together.. cause all I'm hearing is how each staff member is relatable to these kids more now than before??
10 win season would certainly be great, I think 9 is realistic...8-4 and the seat gets hot, which is what RomanCane predicted on twitter today...

Advertisement
Actually I think you are. Just a difference of opinion, even though objectively no one can deny the huge difference in talent according to the rating services. Every recruiting year, year in and year out.

Honestly, you don’t see the difference in talent, up and down the roster and into the three deep?

I mean I don’t even think it’s a question.

Add to that and the enormous organization, duplicate coaches everywhere, and a very tightly run ship. They’re like a Fortune 100 company, except they're at the top and everyone else is clawing for second. Not even Georgia, which pays recruits as much as they do, comes close. They just don’t have the same coaching or top to bottom organization.

And I’m not sucking bammet off, I hate them.

They cheated their way to these championships. But I’m not going take away the incredible almost Germanic like organization they have. And great coaching. And tons of money to buy whatever they need in whatever position - administrative or coaching or players, that they need.

Can they be beat though? Yes, anybody can be beat.

But we have to play the best game we played in the last 20 years, and they have to play one of their worst.

On top of that we have to outscheme and outcoach them. Because we will not out talent them.

Siggggggggh; very disappointing from you O.G. U sound shook af. We know who & what Bama is, but they are young & inexperienced af this yr on the O-side. This ain’t 2020 Bama where we would’ve got smoked by 40+.

Based upon early starter projections from various sources:

-We have an advantage at QB. Yeah Bryce Young came out w/ an almost perfect 247 score as a 5 star QB, but he’s started exactly zero games vs. a QB who came out as a 3 star prospect, but after re-evaluation through the transfer portal, was re-ranked as a 4 star QB & has a ton of experience as a starter.

-At RB, both projected starting RBs 247 rankings are **** near identical. We have an advantage here, b/c once again, the new RB (a RS Sr) has zero starts.

-At WR, it’s an unknown for both squads. Metchie is a stud for Bama, but Williams has zero starts, and Slade Bolden is a 3 star kid w/ zero starts.
Regarding us, which Harley is going to show up for us; the one we had for 3 1/2 that was mediocre or the one who ended the season strong for the second half of the yr? Which Rambo r we r getting; the highly sought after blue chip kid that sizzled as a Frosh, or the perennial underachiever for the past couple of seasons? Who will emerged as our 3rd?

-At TE, we’re featuring a former Top247 player in Will Mallory, Bama is not, period!

Along the OL:
LT - Wash. Why? Yes Neal is a beast at LT & is the 5 star kid, but per PFF, they have Zion as the #1 overall LT coming out next yr, while PFN has Neal as the #1 overall LT coming out next yr. So pending on which pro-football source u go by, they both flip flop between 1 & 2 as LT prospects.

LG - Advantage Bama (although both Tommy Brown & Jalen Rivers have **** near the same, identical rating score)

C - Bama, CLEARLY

RG - Donaldson was ranked higher than Emil as far as 247 rating score. However, which Donaldson are we getting? If we get the one who was a Freshman All American, advantage us.

RT - Advantage Bama

-On Defense:
Bama has the advantage. This is where they are the strongest & mature. They only lost Surtain & Moses from last yr’s defense & the guy taking Moses spot played a ton. Plus their two deep is solid af. We’ve upgraded w/ Stevenson, sure, but Ivey is still a liability & we don’t know know what’s, what w/ Blades Jr.

HOWEVER,
-Our DL is solid enough to contain & Stevenson, along w/ our S’s should be able to mitigate some of the holes we have going against a fairly inexperienced O for Bama.

That’s y I said this game shouldn’t be a blow out. Maybe we don’t score 30, but our defense shouldn’t be afraid of this version of Bama’s O & allow them to snap.

FURTHERMORE, this is not the same offensive concept under Sark. They have a new coaching staff across the offensive side under Bill “Worst GM in NFL History” O’Brien. There’s no continuity, while we have said continuity.

We have a 50/50 shot, and no way we should be getting blown out. I stand by that. If Diaz is the defensive genius he projects himself to be, then his mature defense in the same system for 5 going on 6 yrs now, should be thriving off an inexperienced QB w/ a new OC.

There's no secret to what their going to do.
D- Press our receivers and get to the QB.
O- Test our LB'ers. Runnit, runnit, runnit.............pass.

We'll know after the first 2 possessions where this game will go.
I think the spread is about right. Got a feeling it will be 17 1/2 by game time.

Chances?
About 6.66%, or,
1 in 15.

Pretty much where I'm at looking at this game.

There is no way we'll stop their ground game. They're going to run over us and sprinkle some passes whenever they want as we'll eventually have to sell out to stop the run.

Young can sling it, so when they call his name, he's going to deliver.

Just hoping to keep the difference 3 TD's or under.

Very good defense even by their standards we'll be facing. I fully expect our OL to struggle, but can we establish a short passing game to offset King having little to no time? I'm more interested in seeing how we play them offensively as defensively we're in for a world of hurt.

There's something buzzing around this program right now... I want to believe, this time, it's not just hype! We have a QB! We have a legit OC! We have an experienced OL! We have an uber athletic TE and some hungry WRs! And, for the first time decade, we have a defensive staff that could rival some SEC schools. Our defensive staff deserves to be at the University of Miami!

If I had to choose, out of the past 15 years, a UM team that had to play that BAMA team, this is the team I want! Sight unseen, this is the team! I know people is coral gables understand the significance of this game! I think that why we see Manny hitting the portal as hard as he's been. He knows what a win on a stage like that, against a program like BAMA (who will fielding an extremely inexperienced team, by their standards) can do for his team, program, career, etc. Win on Sept 4th, and Manny isn't kissing any 16 year olds *** into signing a LOI. Win on Sept 4th, and a Manny Diaz is literally mayor of Miami again!

Some of you young guys weren't around for the start of the last dynasty. Games like these, where the entire nation overlooked us, is what this program is built on! Win, loss, or draw I think we make a big statement come Sept 4th!
It's because we recruited monsters across the board that's how those dynasties started. That's how all cfb dynasties start. Bama is recruiting at an unheard of level and we do not have that type of roster bruh. Just because u have that off season i feel good I feel I feel I l feel. Doesn't matter how u feel that talent is too much for us.

I agree we can make a statement with a close loss and a fight.

WOW, waive the white flag now and the rest of the season. Never seen this . You all remember, us against the cornhuskers . Got to believe. At least, keep it close so paves the to a positive season. GO CANES.

Would love to keep it close.

We had one loss going into that game against Nebraska. Sure, they were considered unbeatable, but we weren't some chump team coming in.

That was nearly 37 years ago. The last 20 we've been blown out left and right by primetime teams.

This game won't determine our season whatsoever. I don't think there's even been one single person that's suggested it would.

Advertisement
Well gonna go Kung effing
F9A551F4-C44A-40E7-B9E3-22E1DCDC820A.gif
Fu on their backwood *** es
F9A551F4-C44A-40E7-B9E3-22E1DCDC820A.gif

Siggggggggh; very disappointing from you O.G. U sound shook af. We know who & what Bama is, but they are young & inexperienced af this yr on the O-side. This ain’t 2020 Bama where we would’ve got smoked by 40+.

Based upon early starter projections from various sources:

-We have an advantage at QB. Yeah Bryce Young came out w/ an almost perfect 247 score as a 5 star QB, but he’s started exactly zero games vs. a QB who came out as a 3 star prospect, but after re-evaluation through the transfer portal, was re-ranked as a 4 star QB & has a ton of experience as a starter.

-At RB, both projected starting RBs 247 rankings are **** near identical. We have an advantage here, b/c once again, the new RB (a RS Sr) has zero starts.

-At WR, it’s an unknown for both squads. Metchie is a stud for Bama, but Williams has zero starts, and Slade Bolden is a 3 star kid w/ zero starts.
Regarding us, which Harley is going to show up for us; the one we had for 3 1/2 that was mediocre or the one who ended the season strong for the second half of the yr? Which Rambo r we r getting; the highly sought after blue chip kid that sizzled as a Frosh, or the perennial underachiever for the past couple of seasons? Who will emerged as our 3rd?

-At TE, we’re featuring a former Top247 player in Will Mallory, Bama is not, period!

Along the OL:
LT - Wash. Why? Yes Neal is a beast at LT & is the 5 star kid, but per PFF, they have Zion as the #1 overall LT coming out next yr, while PFN has Neal as the #1 overall LT coming out next yr. So pending on which pro-football source u go by, they both flip flop between 1 & 2 as LT prospects.

LG - Advantage Bama (although both Tommy Brown & Jalen Rivers have **** near the same, identical rating score)

C - Bama, CLEARLY

RG - Donaldson was ranked higher than Emil as far as 247 rating score. However, which Donaldson are we getting? If we get the one who was a Freshman All American, advantage us.

RT - Advantage Bama

-On Defense:
Bama has the advantage. This is where they are the strongest & mature. They only lost Surtain & Moses from last yr’s defense & the guy taking Moses spot played a ton. Plus their two deep is solid af. We’ve upgraded w/ Stevenson, sure, but Ivey is still a liability & we don’t know know what’s, what w/ Blades Jr.

HOWEVER,
-Our DL is solid enough to contain & Stevenson, along w/ our S’s should be able to mitigate some of the holes we have going against a fairly inexperienced O for Bama.

That’s y I said this game shouldn’t be a blow out. Maybe we don’t score 30, but our defense shouldn’t be afraid of this version of Bama’s O & allow them to snap.

FURTHERMORE, this is not the same offensive concept under Sark. They have a new coaching staff across the offensive side under Bill “Worst GM in NFL History” O’Brien. There’s no continuity, while we have said continuity.

We have a 50/50 shot, and no way we should be getting blown out. I stand by that. If Diaz is the defensive genius he projects himself to be, then his mature defense in the same system for 5 going on 6 yrs now, should be thriving off an inexperienced QB w/ a new OC.

Shook? Not at all. I’m not playing.

Just realistic.

This is like a mutual fund that performs each and every year, and people are coming up with 1 million different reasons why this year will be different. Amazing. This year will be different than the last 15 years for Alabama? OK, sure.

Like I said, we have a punchers chance. If they play a bad game, we play our best game, and we out scheme and out coach them. That’s the only way.

Anybody that says any differently, is not looking at the situation realistically.

Can we beat them? Yes. Is it likely? Not very. Only if the things I delineated above occur, then will we beat them.

And unless otherwise noted, talent wise, they out class us every position except quarterback (assuming King is 100% or close). Their talent is that much better than everyone else, every year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don’t know guys, sooner or later someone’s going to beat Saban and Baga on opening day. Not saying it will be us but stranger things have happened before. If we can play sound defense and make them have to press down the field I think we can rattle Young into an INT or 2. Key will be can we capitalize off those turnovers and score TD’s. If by grace of God it’s within 7-10pts to start the 4th, that’s when our experience can help us out versus O’Brien’s play calling and their otherwise green offense. You know Bill is going to call some dumbass play(s) to show he can keep the ball rolling now that Sark is gone to HC at UT. That, and I think he’ll want to impress folks again after his unfavorable exit from the Texans. To me it’s his game calling versus Manny’s on defense that will determine what the outcome is for this game. It’s the major key that could swing in our favor on that side.
Offensively, Lashlee is going to have to keep their defense guessing what is coming next. The OL HAS to give King time to throw as well. Mallory should be a nightmare matchup provided D’Eriq can find him consistently. We are going to have to be able to run in this game. Not saying 200+yds but **** we’ve got to call rushing plays when it’s favorable and utilize Chaney, Harris, and Knighton out of the backfield and make Baga respect them too. I think Rambo and Harley can have a really nice game provided again, that King has the necessary time to get them the ball. Rhett is going to have to kill them in the short-medium passing game and then take calculated shots deep.

will we win the game? Doubtful to slim chances. But if we’re still in this come the 4th I bet Lil Nicky’s **** tightens up so hard he could squeeze a diamond out of a lump of coal. That’s where to me the experience factor could possibly get us there with a shot.

Look, I just want to see what fellow canes think of our chances to win this game. I’m a die hard Cane but also know football. I thought we had a chance against Clemson last year….nope. I’m still optimistic though, I think we’ll be better this year. Talk to me what y’all think.

We Roll!!

Go Canes!!!

We blow them out in the first half. They’ll make a run, but we win and by more than any of you think. It’s a huge game for us and the program. I’ll guess 37-24 Miami wins. I’ll also go on record that Tyrique bullies Metchie and gets called for an early flag on the first drive. He’ll start working his way into the conversation for the first round because of that game. It’s Miami and we’re back.

This is more possible than people think.

Their defense can be had. We have to sell out on the run and hit the quarterback.

The key to all off it is:

1. Does Manny believe and the players see it?

2. The gameplan.

Every dynasty has that moment at the end of their run where they inexplicably play below what they have shown for years. We have the tools to be that team. The question is do we have the coaching.

Advertisement
Manny is putting the defense on him. That’s it. He has 3 OCs on the other side and one of the hottest young names in coaching rn overseeing the offense. This is a approach most HCs have used. Mark richt used the same soft at blueprint. Only problem was his side was the one lacking. Delegating duties to good coaches is a good approach . There’s no reason for him to even mess with the O unless it becomes a issue. On defense he has Simpson, NFL experience , along with TRob and stoops who have put game plans together before. On paper this staff makes a lot of sense. But yea defensively there’s nobody to scapegoat
Manny putting everything on his shoulders this season is ridiculous but I applaud him for that.. and if he pulls the type of season 10 win boy oh boy.. how would yall feel then ??? Right direction??? Especially if we can keep the staff together.. cause all I'm hearing is how each staff member is relatable to these kids more now than before??

This is more possible than people think.

Their defense can be had. We have to sell out on the run and hit the quarterback.

The key to all off it is:

1. Does Manny believe and the players see it?

2. The gameplan.

Every dynasty has that moment at the end of their run where they inexplicably play below what they have shown for years. We have the tools to be that team. The question is do we have the coaching.
Even if we win, Bama dynasty isn’t going anywhere.

the idea that their defense can be had, ok maybe. But that starts on the LOS.

this game won’t come down to game plans as much we think. It’s on players. Bama is started a RS freshman at qb with a new OC. They are’s gonna line up and just play. On defense they are gonna press man.

it’s gonna come down to us settling in and just playing ball

Very small chance, gonna need to connect with a haymaker. It certainly doesn't help that King is coming off an ACL. He will not be the runner he was no matter that he will be 100% healthy so I hope people realize this. A one dimensional King will not be a benefit for us. Until I see a Miami offensive line actually move a legit team, I will never believe in this program becoming elite again. Defensively, we will see if the run game is fixed, we will see if the team is actually tougher and hungry to win and compete.

Advertisement
Back