What’s our chances as of now against Bammer…

This is more possible than people think.

Their defense can be had. We have to sell out on the run and hit the quarterback.

The key to all off it is:

1. Does Manny believe and the players see it?

2. The gameplan.

Every dynasty has that moment at the end of their run where they inexplicably play below what they have shown for years. We have the tools to be that team. The question is do we have the coaching.
We’ll be ready and they won’t be offensively. Offense wins ballgames. It’s the new world.

Advertisement
Did you think Phoenix was going to win the nba championship this year? I did 🤫
73A4BC18-74AF-4983-8CD9-1A7268E0E7E0.gif

I was there, that LSU team was not that good you are right. The only Canes that came to play were Jeff Thomas, J. Johnson, Hardin and Willis. The game was over at the half though, we were getting THUMPED.

We did continue our theme of starting a fight before the game and then getting our asses kicked in said game.
The Louiseville logo stomp ended up being a cringe worthy embarrassment--and a sign of how far and fast the program would fall.

🤬🤬🤬🤬

Advertisement
Saban is one of, if not the best, DB coaches in the nation. He likes to put his CBs on an island and make you beat them 1-on-1. The teams thatve given Bama trouble the past few years have all had high-end/elite WRs.

I think we all agree we don’t. And king isn’t exactly accurate when throwing downfield. Not a great matchup from that perspective.

Add in the coaching mismatch and idk… probably a pipe dream.

Pretty much where I'm at looking at this game.

There is no way we'll stop their ground game. They're going to run over us and sprinkle some passes whenever they want as we'll eventually have to sell out to stop the run.

Young can sling it, so when they call his name, he's going to deliver.

Just hoping to keep the difference 3 TD's or under.

Very good defense even by their standards we'll be facing. I fully expect our OL to struggle, but can we establish a short passing game to offset King having little to no time? I'm more interested in seeing how we play them offensively as defensively we're in for a world of hurt.
So how do we beat them that 1 out of 15?

That same ole, same ole...
*Don't make stupid mistakes/penalties. Especially the first effin drive. Time to start acting like we've been there.

*IF we slow down the run, we've got to force Young to turn it over. We've got to be at least +2 on turnover margin. Those extra possessions will be needed to keep pace with their O, and a short field here and there will help.
We all know Young is really good. Let's hope it doesn't show out on 9/4.
Let's also hope our return to press coverage eliminates the easy 7 yard toss.

*King and our receivers exposing their secondary. It's been done. Let's do it. Got to protect tho.

* That big/wacko play. The Manzel scramble/TD toss a couple of years back, the Auburn FG return. Something like that that we completely pull out of our *** for the unexpected score.

With that, you have a 42-40 Canes win.

Last edited:
Even if we win, Bama dynasty isn’t going anywhere.

the idea that their defense can be had, ok maybe. But that starts on the LOS.

this game won’t come down to game plans as much we think. It’s on players. Bama is started a RS freshman at qb with a new OC. They are’s gonna line up and just play. On defense they are gonna press man.

it’s gonna come down to us settling in and just playing ball

Man y’all keep falling into the trap that execution occurs in a vacuum. It does not. There is a way to beat more talented teams, even when they are hungry and prepared.

If you come out vanilla and predictable, doing everything that you put on tape the same way in the same situations, you create a situation where it comes down to talent vs talent. The underdog won’t win that game. They are better AND know what you are doing before you do it? You will get DOMINATED.

The key is creating uncertainty and that starts and ends with the game plan. In the middle you have the players. They have to believe they can win. Be focused. Play disciplined. Hit hard and do everything with tenacity and aggression.

Even if the favorite was well prepared, if you hit harder than they expect, run faster than they expect, and surprise them with scheme often enough, they will have the “HOLY ****” moment. These guys are better than we thought they would be. They are mean, nasty, and won’t back down. We COULD LOSE THIS GAME! That doubt is the structural flaw that can bust the levy open.

The players have to execute. However, a ****** game plan makes execution ridiculously harder than it should be.

Advertisement
Man y’all keep falling into the trap that execution occurs in a vacuum. It does not. There is a way to beat more talented teams, even when they are hungry and prepared.

If you come out vanilla and predictable, doing everything that you put on tape the same way in the same situations, you create a situation where it comes down to talent vs talent. The underdog won’t win that game. They are better AND know what you are doing before you do it? You will get DOMINATED.

The key is creating uncertainty and that starts and ends with the game plan. In the middle you have the players. They have to believe they can win. Be focused. Play disciplined. Hit hard and do everything with tenacity and aggression.

Even if the favorite was well prepared, if you hit harder than they expect, run faster than they expect, and surprise them with scheme often enough, they will have the “HOLY ****” moment. These guys are better than we thought they would be. They are mean, nasty, and won’t back down. We COULD LOSE THIS GAME! That doubt is the structural flaw that can bust the levy open.

The players have to execute. However, a ****** game plan makes execution ridiculously harder than it should be.
Any gameplan can look “******” if guys are not executing it.

fact is this, everyone runs the same ****. Football is a copy cat game. We can’t come up with a game plan that Alabama doesn’t have the personnel to adjust too. It comes down to execution. That’s the bottomline. It’s always about the Jimmy’s and joes.

and too your point, that comes with preparation. But not so much on the chalk board. But the way you practice and the competitive environment you have in the building. On game day tho, it comes down to the names on the back of the jersey..that’s just my opinion tho. Ofc during the game the coached will also have to adjust on the fly and put guy in position

Bottomline, if we gonna win this game our kids have to match bamas kids for 60 minutes and be better

How much will we improve on the OL?
If we can't block them or at least slow them down enough we don't have a chance.
Everything else is irrelevant if we cant do that.

Advertisement
Siggggggggh; very disappointing from you O.G. U sound shook af. We know who & what Bama is, but they are young & inexperienced af this yr on the O-side. This ain’t 2020 Bama where we would’ve got smoked by 40+.

Based upon early starter projections from various sources:

-We have an advantage at QB. Yeah Bryce Young came out w/ an almost perfect 247 score as a 5 star QB, but he’s started exactly zero games vs. a QB who came out as a 3 star prospect, but after re-evaluation through the transfer portal, was re-ranked as a 4 star QB & has a ton of experience as a starter.

-At RB, both projected starting RBs 247 rankings are **** near identical. We have an advantage here, b/c once again, the new RB (a RS Sr) has zero starts.

-At WR, it’s an unknown for both squads. Metchie is a stud for Bama, but Williams has zero starts, and Slade Bolden is a 3 star kid w/ zero starts.
Regarding us, which Harley is going to show up for us; the one we had for 3 1/2 that was mediocre or the one who ended the season strong for the second half of the yr? Which Rambo r we r getting; the highly sought after blue chip kid that sizzled as a Frosh, or the perennial underachiever for the past couple of seasons? Who will emerged as our 3rd?

-At TE, we’re featuring a former Top247 player in Will Mallory, Bama is not, period!

Along the OL:
LT - Wash. Why? Yes Neal is a beast at LT & is the 5 star kid, but per PFF, they have Zion as the #1 overall LT coming out next yr, while PFN has Neal as the #1 overall LT coming out next yr. So pending on which pro-football source u go by, they both flip flop between 1 & 2 as LT prospects.

LG - Advantage Bama (although both Tommy Brown & Jalen Rivers have **** near the same, identical rating score)

C - Bama, CLEARLY

RG - Donaldson was ranked higher than Emil as far as 247 rating score. However, which Donaldson are we getting? If we get the one who was a Freshman All American, advantage us.

RT - Advantage Bama

-On Defense:
Bama has the advantage. This is where they are the strongest & mature. They only lost Surtain & Moses from last yr’s defense & the guy taking Moses spot played a ton. Plus their two deep is solid af. We’ve upgraded w/ Stevenson, sure, but Ivey is still a liability & we don’t know know what’s, what w/ Blades Jr.

HOWEVER,
-Our DL is solid enough to contain & Stevenson, along w/ our S’s should be able to mitigate some of the holes we have going against a fairly inexperienced O for Bama.

That’s y I said this game shouldn’t be a blow out. Maybe we don’t score 30, but our defense shouldn’t be afraid of this version of Bama’s O & allow them to snap.

FURTHERMORE, this is not the same offensive concept under Sark. They have a new coaching staff across the offensive side under Bill “Worst GM in NFL History” O’Brien. There’s no continuity, while we have said continuity.

We have a 50/50 shot, and no way we should be getting blown out. I stand by that. If Diaz is the defensive genius he projects himself to be, then his mature defense in the same system for 5 going on 6 yrs now, should be thriving off an inexperienced QB w/ a new OC.
I love this post. Common sense says we have a chance if our DL sets the tone and makes Bama qb uncomfortable. If our OL can open holes and our receivers simply catch the ball.
The depression lies in the fact that we now have no reliable WR. We have no difference makers on the DL edge, and no OL who can move people enough to dictate our game plan as opposed to theirs. If Rousseau, Phillips, and Roche were starting I would definitely say it is a 50/50.
But realistically I know we lose by 17+
On the record I'll say we win by 2.

If we can’t run the ball then good luck lol
I’m giving you an up vote on your 6th post , if we’re one dimensional then television affiliates will be forced to switch to other regional games.

D is the same if we can’t in key situations won’t be good . I’m not saying control the LOS on both sides BUT we must at least be able to pick up first downs and stop a few on D .

When we punt we’ll need 50 plus yarders 5 second hang times.

great few words on target post 🙌

GOCANES

King needs to have a good game against a good team, he did not do this last year in the 3 losses. We should be better this year at every position on the field but the question is will the head coach be better.

Advertisement
Ok....I watched Alabama’s spring game, and I watched ours 3 times. Here’s what I think.

We committed penalties like crazy. Offsides, movement, and a few things that weren’t called. I didn’t see any coach step in and correct anything all game.

Alabama didn’t commit a single penalty during theirs. But Nick Saban stood behind the QB the entire game, and he coached the team...paused the game to correct their assignments and such.

And oh by the way, they are bigger, faster, and stronger than us at every position.

Bigger, faster, stronger, make fewer mistakes, and are better prepared.

I’m sorry bro...I see us getting blown out in this game. We lose by 3 touchdowns minimum.
This x100. Coaching matters. Really really matters. They have Saban, we have Diaz. One is a real coach, the other is a politician. Please don’t confuse off-season Manny with football coach Manny. Football coach Manny sucks.

This x100. Coaching matters. Really really matters. They have Saban, we have Diaz. One is a real coach, the other is a politician. Please don’t confuse off-season Manny with football coach Manny. Football coach Manny sucks.

Any gameplan can look “******” if guys are not executing it.

fact is this, everyone runs the same ****. Football is a copy cat game. We can’t come up with a game plan that Alabama doesn’t have the personnel to adjust too. It comes down to execution. That’s the bottomline. It’s always about the Jimmy’s and joes.

and too your point, that comes with preparation. But not so much on the chalk board. But the way you practice and the competitive environment you have in the building. On game day tho, it comes down to the names on the back of the jersey..that’s just my opinion tho. Ofc during the game the coached will also have to adjust on the fly and put guy in position

Bottomline, if we gonna win this game our kids have to match bamas kids for 60 minutes and be better

Properly choosing what to run and when makes all the difference in the world. Do it wrong and there is no shot at execution. Do it right, you give yourself a chance.

I been watching bum coaches talking what you are talking my entire life. Those guys always get fired.

It is the type of thinking that makes you do half back pass in the snow. It makes you run tight end reverse at the 10 yard line. It makes you run 4 verts against a blitz heavy team with no hot route or check down.

If you think we can waltz out there and call any old stupid play at any time, you know a lot less about football than I thought. Saying the player’s have to execute to beat Bama will win the Captain Obvious Man of the Year award.

What political office has Manny run for and won, or lost, for that matter?

Advertisement
Back