Whale Watch 2024: The Miami Whale DL Scorecard

Our inability to land DTs has been going on for 20 years. It’s an enigma. Manny only got LT because of COVID and he couldn’t get out for visits. Otherwise he probably goes somewhere else. I still feel our best solution to this problem is giving Patridge an offer he can’t refuse. If we’re not going to get the five star DTs at least have the coach that can develop three and four stars to play like five stars.
Imagine Patridge and Raymond considering how poor our recruiter at those respective positions has been…

God I can only dream.

Advertisement
What about Ed Orgeron? He seems like the kind of coach with the cache to land the 5*'s, and he's connected to this program from having coached here in the past and having a son on staff.

Ya…I kinda thought he'd at least help here…Not a miracle, but maybe push a kid or two over the top.

Advertisement
Maybe we ought to just sacrifice this year and take all that leftover NIL money and go get one or both of them to join us…just a thought.
Or.... Maybe.... Have a solid year, show the country we're turning around.... Flip a few guys as Dec gets near and make '24 a statement year that the tides have finally turned....
Episode 1 Drinking GIF by The X-Files

Or.... Maybe.... Have a solid year, show the country we're turning around.... Flip a few guys as Dec gets near and make '24 a statement year that the tides have finally turned....
Episode 1 Drinking GIF by The X-Files

Yea that would work I guess but since we already know there’s all this NIL money laying around my way seems a lot simpler..

Advertisement
Yea that would work I guess but since we already know there’s all this NIL money laying around my way seems a lot simpler..
Simpler??? Sure.... Realistic.... That nod goes my way... LOL!!!... I mean let's be real we're not getting Partridge or Raymond let alone both together... Least not for a while .... I just don't see our season being the same nightmare is was this past season.....
I'm gonna take the "This is our year" stance till it happens... at some point I'll be right.... LOL!!!!

Simpler??? Sure.... Realistic.... That nod goes my way... LOL!!!... I mean let's be real we're not getting Partridge or Raymond let alone both together... Least not for a while .... I just don't see our season being the same nightmare is was this past season.....
I'm gonna take the "This is our year" stance till it happens... at some point I'll be right.... LOL!!!!

Let’s hope you’re right…

I think our issues are beyond that. We’re losing guys when we’re the high bidder too.
I guess my only answer is not everyone see's Miami the same way a Miami fan does.... I can't speak for what is on another persons mind when they make their decisions but it's their call and if they're happy with it then so be it....

Specifically to the D-Line we lost...haven't almost all of these guys committed to the big in-state or in-region school?

Not like we're getting smacked for tri-county guys right now

Advertisement
With us down to McCray and Breland, I think pretty soon I’m going to need a Holla Back Orca Chart for all the “Hey, Big Head” late night Orca booty calls we’re gonna be making.

@ssvir is this the direction I need to be going in? If so, I might as well take the Plan C’s DT/DL names from those who have recommendations.

Advertisement
I
@RVACane you better star putting dolphins goldfish and snails on that bottom list bruh. They ain't that many whales on DL each cycle. We might f around and find Patrick star at DT next year.
i Think you’re right. Orcas come after the big whales. I might have to split the list after the first few and go Grouper, Snapper and anemone or goldfish lol

Advertisement
Back