Whale Watch 2024: The Miami Whale DL Scorecard

Updated for Franklin. Stone’s on deck.

IMG_9085.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
That kind of batting average gets you into the HOF for MLB
There’s like 12 whales so the average was never going to be great. The misses list includes guys I thought we’d be in play for though given the focus on it - like at least 1 we’d land - Scott, Stewart, Franklin…

I don’t see us landing any who are remaining. The trends this cycle are just not showing me otherwise.

There’s like 12 whales so the average was never going to be great. The misses list includes guys I thought we’d be in play for though given the focus on it - like at least 1 we’d land - Scott, Stewart, Franklin…

I don’t see us landing any who are remaining. The trends this cycle are just not showing me otherwise.

Unfortunate reality. My main frustration point was being over sold this great DL class by the media including this site. When it was apparent that our previous advantages with NIL wasn’t there earlier in the cycle our expectations should have been tempered with responsible reporting.

Advertisement
Unfortunate reality. My main frustration point was being over sold this great DL class by the media including this site. When it was apparent that our previous advantages with NIL wasn’t there earlier in the cycle our expectations should have been tempered with responsible reporting.
When we getting errrybody goes wrong. Lol. D$’s a real fan so I think he gets excited and he talks to people and those people led him to believe things were good I suppose. He’ll have to answer those questions.

On a point mentioned, I don’t know that NIL is necessarily the real issue given some things I’ve raised recently so let’s just say that “deal structure” is an issue when we don’t have up front bags like some. As a result, whatever we’re offering isn’t enough, even if the NIL component is up there with the others.

By the way, I do question staff’s ability to read the room this cycle. They’ve felt good about a lot of the DLs we missed on.

Weren’t we 3rd out of a final 3 in most if not all of them? Just weird this cycle compared to last year.

Advertisement
Updated op with this chart…

View attachment 253220

I think Stone just wanted to go to OU and it was a straight L.

Our inability to land DTs has been going on for 20 years. It’s an enigma. Manny only got LT because of COVID and he couldn’t get out for visits. Otherwise he probably goes somewhere else. I still feel our best solution to this problem is giving Patridge an offer he can’t refuse. If we’re not going to get the five star DTs at least have the coach that can develop three and four stars to play like five stars.

Our inability to land DTs has been going on for 20 years. It’s an enigma. Manny only got LT because of COVID and he couldn’t get out for visits. Otherwise he probably goes somewhere else. I still feel our best solution to this problem is giving Patridge an offer he can’t refuse. If we’re not going to get the five star DTs at least have the coach that can develop three and four stars to play like five stars.
i thought getting partridge would be a no brainer for mario here. Pitt does treat him well i think he has full reign there for dline decisions, and he’s probably gonna be tied to narduzzi at this point

Advertisement

What about Ed Orgeron? He seems like the kind of coach with the cache to land the 5*'s, and he's connected to this program from having coached here in the past and having a son on staff.

What about Ed Orgeron? He seems like the kind of coach with the cache to land the 5*'s, and he's connected to this program from having coached here in the past and having a son on staff.

Ed would be awesome. **** of a recruiter as well. Not sure how long his deal with LSU runs.

We’re just lucky a couple of the whales got separated from the pod as they all migrated away from the warm waters of Miami….Maybe when the waters cool around the middle of December one or two might migrate back a little early as the weather starts to cool…😜

Advertisement
Back