Whale Watch 2024: The Miami Whale DL Scorecard

that's fair, in my post I said "complain" which was wrong

moreso had a problem with those that consistently called for Joe to be fired and clowning our coaching staff all summer as if they had never followed recruiting before

complain / criticism I think is fair - but trying to call a class a failure - like several were doing, 6 months before signing day is just dumb as proven by where we stand right now. Then again, people are allowed to dumb things I suppose so I digress
I agree with this.

There are many that take it overboard and then some.

Advertisement
facts eating GIF by Ficazo

that's fair, in my post I said "complain" which was wrong

moreso had a problem with those that consistently called for Joe to be fired and clowning our coaching staff all summer as if they had never followed recruiting before

complain / criticism I think is fair - but trying to call a class a failure - like several were doing, 6 months before signing day is just dumb as proven by where we stand right now. Then again, people are allowed to dumb things I suppose so I digress
In all fairness, most posters that were “complaining” weren’t doing so 6 months ago. Some may have, but it was very few.

The majority of the complaints started about 3 months ago, as we got closer to ESD, and our DL recruiting looked far from what was hyped up earlier in the year.

As @RVACane accurately stated, we got left at the altar by most of our top targets. To Mario and staff’s credit, they didn’t give up and have landed some very big power punches late in the bout.

We’ve gotten 2 huge (PAUSE) commitments in the last 2 weeks, or right before ESD. If everything else plays out like @Cribby is hinting at, it’ll be a tremendous comeback overall.

They can complain. There wasn’t much traction and we whiffed on a bunch of guys who left us and committed elsewhere, and to schools not named the gator. At that point our strategy had to be flips over time. It’s working out thankfully but that’s not ideal normally, being down 2-3 scores in the 4th quarter and all, even with Tom Brady.

There’s people who bring up legit concerns and get torched on here for it. That’s different than trolls ******* with the MariBros non-stop just because.

Hang on a second.

We keep getting force-fed a false equivalency, as if the Mope Squad and the pro-Mario "bullies" are equal and opposite forces. Untrue.

Here's the reality. For 25 years on at least five different internet boards, I have ripped UM administrators when they have done the wrong things. And I've pointed out when they did the right things. Good or bad, I speak the truth about my alma mater.

And for as long as I live, I will NEVER forgive Mario and Shannon for the Georgia Tech debacle. But on the other hand, the ONE thing I know about Mario Mother****ing Cristobal is that he is a BEAST of a recruiter.

So this is NOT about the expression of "criticism" or "legit concerns". The funniest backpedal from a Moper that I've seen so far was from a guy who BLASTED Mario in June and July of 2023, but now claims he was simply "expressing concern at the slowness of our recruiting in November 2023". Uh, nope.

And here is why this is even relevant. It's not because of "pulling receipts", though I've proven in Gator/SemenHole Tears that I can pull receipts with the best. From our own individual communciation, you KNOW that I wasn't happy in the summertime, as both my forecast of UM recruiting and UiF recruiting was not matching up to reality at that point in time. BUT WHEN ANY ATTEMPTS WERE MADE TO GIVE SPECIFIC REASONS FOR SPECIFIC RECRUIT DECISIONS, those of us with information were ripped apart and accused of "making excuses" for Mario.

I'm fine with any Miami fan expressing a CRITICISM of "Mario" or any coach or any playcall or any normal decision. I've never told people not to make their best arguments. or express their feelings on the boards. I might poke holes in their arguments or mock their feelings, but everyone is free to shoot their best shots on CIS. BUT, when people have simply tried to SHARE accurate information, such as how Stone called a last-minute audible that shocked his family, or when certain players have taken the illicit money over the (more solid) Miami NIL offers, the truthful explanations are scorned and insulted and mischaracterized.

I can't speak for everyone, but THIS is the reason why I'm reminding Mopers of how toxic they were behaving this summer. Not just for scorekeeping. But because honesty and the sharing of inside information was attacked and called "excuse-making".

But, sure, I realize some posters just want to forget all the Mopery that happened this past summer. That's fine. But none of that should ever stop a Moper from going beyond the obligatory "oh, I'm eating crow now" post, and actually telling certain other posters "hey, yeah, I really tore you apart six month ago for sharing what you knew about the process, and I was wrong and I'm sorry and that wasn't very fair or respectful of me".

Now I know that apology is never going to be expressed by the board's worst offenders. But it should. Because it makes it hard for ANYONE to want to share the actual recruiting stories at the time they are happening in the face of toxic negativity and accusations of excuse-making.

Anyhow, after six long months, my predictions about Florida are proving to be true. Yes, the recruiting class collapse is assisted by a 5-7 season. But that cannot possibly explain it all, as Mario put together a good class after going 5-7 himself. So all the stuff I shared about Slingblade Billy's corniness, and the way that Florida recruited guys who had not taken a lot of other visits, and the cult-like way that every recruit tried to reassure every other recruit that the "culture was changing"...and now it's all falling apart as I forecast.

The Mope Squad will always be free to criticize and express valid concerns. Nobody will ever stop that. But all of the thread-ruining, and the introduction of negativity into every vaguely positive thread, and the hammering of anyone who shares accurate inside information...I don't think it is wrong to point that out and label it as Mopery. It is.

I love my alma mater. I can't just pull my contributions and choose to follow another school. For nearly 40 years, like The Facts of Life, I have taken the good and taken the bad. I lose my sanity after bad losses. I want to win the championship every year, I'm greedy. But there's a difference between talking about "what went wrong" and "making excuses". There just is.

As always, Goooo Canes!

The whole firing talk is a non starter with his contract. Like pointless for a long while. He needs overwhelming talent to compensate for his game day coRching. I hope he finally turns those things over to someone who’s good at that portion of the job.

For Mario, yes.

But you can't deny that "Fire Joe" was a popular phrase until a couple of weeks ago.

Advertisement
Hang on a second.

We keep getting force-fed a false equivalency, as if the Mope Squad and the pro-Mario "bullies" are equal and opposite forces. Untrue.

Here's the reality. For 25 years on at least five different internet boards, I have ripped UM administrators when they have done the wrong things. And I've pointed out when they did the right things. Good or bad, I speak the truth about my alma mater.

And for as long as I live, I will NEVER forgive Mario and Shannon for the Georgia Tech debacle. But on the other hand, the ONE thing I know about Mario Mother****ing Cristobal is that he is a BEAST of a recruiter.

So this is NOT about the expression of "criticism" or "legit concerns". The funniest backpedal from a Moper that I've seen so far was from a guy who BLASTED Mario in June and July of 2023, but now claims he was simply "expressing concern at the slowness of our recruiting in November 2023". Uh, nope.

And here is why this is even relevant. It's not because of "pulling receipts", though I've proven in Gator/SemenHole Tears that I can pull receipts with the best. From our own individual communciation, you KNOW that I wasn't happy in the summertime, as both my forecast of UM recruiting and UiF recruiting was not matching up to reality at that point in time. BUT WHEN ANY ATTEMPTS WERE MADE TO GIVE SPECIFIC REASONS FOR SPECIFIC RECRUIT DECISIONS, those of us with information were ripped apart and accused of "making excuses" for Mario.

I'm fine with any Miami fan expressing a CRITICISM of "Mario" or any coach or any playcall or any normal decision. I've never told people not to make their best arguments. or express their feelings on the boards. I might poke holes in their arguments or mock their feelings, but everyone is free to shoot their best shots on CIS. BUT, when people have simply tried to SHARE accurate information, such as how Stone called a last-minute audible that shocked his family, or when certain players have taken the illicit money over the (more solid) Miami NIL offers, the truthful explanations are scorned and insulted and mischaracterized.

I can't speak for everyone, but THIS is the reason why I'm reminding Mopers of how toxic they were behaving this summer. Not just for scorekeeping. But because honesty and the sharing of inside information was attacked and called "excuse-making".

But, sure, I realize some posters just want to forget all the Mopery that happened this past summer. That's fine. But none of that should ever stop a Moper from going beyond the obligatory "oh, I'm eating crow now" post, and actually telling certain other posters "hey, yeah, I really tore you apart six month ago for sharing what you knew about the process, and I was wrong and I'm sorry and that wasn't very fair or respectful of me".

Now I know that apology is never going to be expressed by the board's worst offenders. But it should. Because it makes it hard for ANYONE to want to share the actual recruiting stories at the time they are happening in the face of toxic negativity and accusations of excuse-making.

Anyhow, after six long months, my predictions about Florida are proving to be true. Yes, the recruiting class collapse is assisted by a 5-7 season. But that cannot possibly explain it all, as Mario put together a good class after going 5-7 himself. So all the stuff I shared about Slingblade Billy's corniness, and the way that Florida recruited guys who had not taken a lot of other visits, and the cult-like way that every recruit tried to reassure every other recruit that the "culture was changing"...and now it's all falling apart as I forecast.

The Mope Squad will always be free to criticize and express valid concerns. Nobody will ever stop that. But all of the thread-ruining, and the introduction of negativity into every vaguely positive thread, and the hammering of anyone who shares accurate inside information...I don't think it is wrong to point that out and label it as Mopery. It is.

I love my alma mater. I can't just pull my contributions and choose to follow another school. For nearly 40 years, like The Facts of Life, I have taken the good and taken the bad. I lose my sanity after bad losses. I want to win the championship every year, I'm greedy. But there's a difference between talking about "what went wrong" and "making excuses". There just is.

As always, Goooo Canes!
I’m friends with you and I’m not reading all that without meds in me. Lol

Not everyone who ripped Mario for some things is a mope. There’s plenty of people who ripped one thing and praised another. The ones who simply trolled non-stop or never give credit for anything positive deserve the flack. Conversely, the bully slurpers are ******** because they attacked everyone - and I mean everyone - who didn’t tow the line. It’s what happened. There’s a lot of people in between those two extremes, none of whom deserve to be shredded for it.

For Mario, yes.

But you can't deny that "Fire Joe" was a popular phrase until a couple of weeks ago.
I’m talking about Mario. I can live with or without Joe. Mario knows what’s needed in recruiting. If he’s doing what he needs to do for him between all his responsibilities then that’s fine by me, it’s not my hill.

I have more issues with coRch on the field Mario and how much I believe he meddled in the offense after aTm for whatever reason, TVD or not.

Hang on a second.

As always, Goooo Canes!
one direction scroll GIF

Advertisement
I’m friends with you and I’m not reading all that without meds in me. Lol

Not everyone who ripped Mario for some things is a mope. There’s plenty of people who ripped one thing and praised another. The ones who simply trolled non-stop or never give credit for anything positive deserve the flack. Conversely, the bully slurpers are ******** because they attacked everyone - and I mean everyone - who didn’t tow the line. It’s what happened. There’s a lot of people in between those two extremes, none of whom deserve to be shredded for it.

It's all good, baby!

But I do try to use frequent paragraph breaks, so that people can read my posts in bite-sized chunks. You can go to dinner with the family and then come back and finish one of my posts after dessert.

My posts are like Everlasting Gobstoppers...

1702224277043.png

It's all good, baby!

But I do try to use frequent paragraph breaks, so that people can read my posts in bite-sized chunks. You can go to dinner with the family and then come back and finish one of my posts after dessert.

My posts are like Everlasting Gobstoppers...

View attachment 270831
I actually read them all usually but given the time of day and my mental state, I started on that, stopped and scrolled to see how much time I was in for and the scrolling just kept going and going and I threw my hands up and said “I can’t” 🤣

Advertisement
Jackson is not a whale. This should be whales and some other good DTs instead of all whales. People keep citing this as proof Jackson is a whale
He’s not and neither are half or so of these guys listed but he is included for the purposes of the exercise. We targeted these guys listed. I don’t include Russell or that flip from Louisville. I’m tracking who they targeted primarily and how they do. It stays labeled as it is. You can argue with the MarioBros about diminishing their list. lol. I’m not

Advertisement
Ok that’s fair. But if the ink is dry with Scott and Jones, and we close on the nC state kid, then a 3/4 star kid to me ain’t a bad thing. Especially with that first step he’s got. But i get it.
It looks like a great close. Lightfoot, Jones and Scott is solid plus. It’s not those three plus Stewart and Stone or Franklin in place of the others not mentioned but Scott changed the DL class. Maybe we’ll still land another???

Advertisement
Back