Wes - Officially a starter

Zero percent chance I open the game day thread. People there disgust me anyway, this is going to be really bad. Somehow beating GT with a bunch of turnovers is gonna translate to being at Clemson I guess.

I’m with ya.
It’s almost as if they are oblivious to all the injury’s we have. It’s actually quite insane how bad we are hurt. Brown threw for 130 yards vs GT. That’s no bueno against Clemson. I don’t think we even score this game. Unlike the crazies, I won’t hold it against this team.

Advertisement
It’s almost as if they are oblivious to all the injury’s we have. It’s actually quite insane how bad we are hurt. Brown threw for 130 yards vs GT. That’s no bueno against Clemson. I don’t think we even score this game. Unlike the crazies, I won’t hold it against this team.
Open the playbook up. There is a reason he threw for 130 yards. The reason is not because he can't throw the ball. He can throw the ball. All because he is a dual threat qb and has a few bad passes doesn't mean he can't throw the ball. The reason for having 130 passing yards is because the play calling OBV.

Give Brown the keys to the car, house and anything else !!!! let him lead, let him pass, let him run.

It was heaven watching brown roll out of the pocket and finding a wide open WR... It was heaven to see brown drop back and see nobody open and take off for 20 yards..

I dont know about yall. but I want to watch that over jake or tvd ---Just saying.

Disagree. Players traditionally compete to start. You can still lose your spot with bad play, but 'pulled at any second' can lead to overthinking and pressing.
Sorry, I meant that more as a figure of speech than actually being substitution happy. When you are substituion happy, then you get the situation that we had where a cold Jake Garcia gets put in on 3rd down in our own endzone. But there also needs to be consequences for poor play. The staff knows this and are working towards that with their "talent acquisition".

Open the playbook up. There is a reason he threw for 130 yards. The reason is not because he can't throw the ball. He can throw the ball. All because he is a dual threat qb and has a few bad passes doesn't mean he can't throw the ball. The reason for having 130 passing yards is because the play calling OBV.

Give Brown the keys to the car, house and anything else !!!! let him lead, let him pass, let him run.

It was heaven watching brown roll out of the pocket and finding a wide open WR... It was heaven to see brown drop back and see nobody open and take off for 20 yards..

I dont know about yall. but I want to watch that over jake or tvd ---Just saying.
If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

Advertisement
Only at miami can you see 3 Qbs get built up and torn down within a year. TVD had his moment, got tore down with Middle Tennessee, seems like Garcia has lost his supporters and now Brown is on a high. See what happens after Clemson I guess.

He isn’t accurate that’s why it wasn’t open

Advertisement
The fact in this post that anyone believes Jacurri is a better QB than TVD after beating a subpar Georgia Tech team is scary (considering we barely did anything offensively in the second half) That's what's wrong with too many fans but it's expected

Sooooo..we went from talking about Wes to a TVD vs Jacurri debate in here? Smh
It's more so a post for Mario setting the foundation of the team for rest of season and off seasion. We need alpha's and we need leaders.

What Mario is doing with Wes is going to allow him to be confident in a leadership role and do his thing to reach his potential.

It has the same affect if he does it for Jacurri

Kitchens will also fill in and become a vocal leader now and players will rally behind him

It's the start of the era - Mario just needs to give in already and give the keys to brown asap.. sooner the better

Advertisement
100%

I’ve noticed people seem to think some miracle is going to happen from week to week

That or they’re just miserable ******** that come here to vent their bad life choices

I love Mario for coming out and naming him the starter. This will allow him to grow into a leadership role that we desperately havent had at all this year, and for the future. Foundation is being built. A little late then we all wanted it to be, but its happening.

I wish he would do the same for Jacurri. Needs to happen. ASAP.

Kam is now the guy and needs to be vocal, he's earned it and is the only DB we have that can do so.

Mario - needs to identify this situation so we can have true leaders on the team. Step forward keep stepping Mario
LFGG

Ivey had a two-interception game against Pitt a few years back. Didn't make him a "leader" or more "vocal". Kinchens had a huge game. Whether he morphs into a vocal leader remains to be seen, but dude ain't going from non-vocal leader to vocal leader overnight just because of Georgia Tech's errants quarterbacks and some bad decisions.

I agree that Jacurri is better… he is the X factor we need at QB.

Oy some of y'all with this "x-factor" gibberish.

Van Dyke has started 16 games at Miami and has shown point.

Brown has one start, against a four-win Georgia Tech team where defense made the difference—and now he's suddenly ready to roll into Death Valley, where Clemson hasn't lost since 2016—ready to lead?

You go with experience here if Van Dyke is healthy and you give Brown several touches throughout the game to make some plays.

A well-executed game plan is the "x-factor". Not just starting a true freshman at Clemson, because he had a decent outing last week against an ACC bottom-feeder.

Advertisement
Oy some of y'all with this "x-factor" gibberish.

Van Dyke has started 16 games at Miami and has shown point.

Brown has one start, against a four-win Georgia Tech team where defense made the difference—and now he's suddenly ready to roll into Death Valley, where Clemson hasn't lost since 2016—ready to lead?

You go with experience here if Van Dyke is healthy and you give Brown several touches throughout the game to make some plays.

A well-executed game plan is the "x-factor". Not just starting a true freshman at Clemson, because he had a decent outing last week against an ACC bottom-feeder.

Jacurri Brown is the only well excuted game plan we need, it’s Time to sit TVD… we can’t go through 3 dead end drives waiting on the perfect pass protection for TVD to complete his first 1st down.

Ivey had a two-interception game against Pitt a few years back. Didn't make him a "leader" or more "vocal". Kinchens had a huge game. Whether he morphs into a vocal leader remains to be seen, but dude ain't going from non-vocal leader to vocal leader overnight just because of Georgia Tech's errants quarterbacks and some bad decisions.
Agree -- not overnight for kitchens but he def is leading the country in INT and he does make plays... yeah he hasnt played as an all pro and has made huge mistakes on not tackling or mis reading the ball at times but he is the only one that has anything to stand on. He has the right to yell at players based on the plays he's made all year and we can hope and want him to lead and be more consistent. The team lacks leadership man from the players , i dont know how else to get it through yalls head that any good team has leaders. its not hard

Sorry, I meant that more as a figure of speech than actually being substitution happy. When you are substituion happy, then you get the situation that we had where a cold Jake Garcia gets put in on 3rd down in our own endzone. But there also needs to be consequences for poor play. The staff knows this and are working towards that with their "talent acquisition".
All good, and I agree coaches shouldn’t want players too comfortable.

Advertisement
Back