Wes - Officially a starter

Advertisement
Advertisement
I love Mario for coming out and naming him the starter. This will allow him to grow into a leadership role that we desperately havent had at all this year, and for the future. Foundation is being built. A little late then we all wanted it to be, but its happening.

I wish he would do the same for Jacurri. Needs to happen. ASAP.

Kam is now the guy and needs to be vocal, he's earned it and is the only DB we have that can do so.

Mario - needs to identify this situation so we can have true leaders on the team. Step forward keep stepping Mario
LFGG
I guess that throws some shade on Flagg not being a liability.

I'm a TVD fan and I hope he returns next season. That said, I have no idea how TVD can go from not being able to throw a pass 2 weeks ago to playing again this season (even if Cristobal is counting on a bowl game and additional rest).
Especially against Clemson DL. Could have ramifications for next year

Advertisement
I was thinking the same thing as I typed that. Clemson is going to eat those 12 plays up easily and the crazies will be screaming for the portal Saturday night.
Zero percent chance I open the game day thread. People there disgust me anyway, this is going to be really bad. Somehow beating GT with a bunch of turnovers is gonna translate to being at Clemson I guess.

I’m with ya.

Advertisement
CIS mood swings to players is a staple…

TVD is the best QB on the roster RIGHT NOW…. JB might be the best down the road but let’s not rush anything… if we can get TVD back healthy it’s his job

Personally I think the naming of starters is stupid. It gives players a false sense of security. I want them to be competing and grinding to earn more playing time. I want the players on the field trying their hardest not to mess up because they know they may get pulled at any second.

With that said: Wes obviously has "it". Something we've lacked at LB for a minute. We need more like him.
Disagree. Players traditionally compete to start. You can still lose your spot with bad play, but 'pulled at any second' can lead to overthinking and pressing.

Advertisement
IN MY OPINION TVD in his current state is not the best quarterback for THIS GAME behind THIS OLINE. I do not believe he is 100%. He didn’t even dress last game. There is almost a 100% chance he is going to get mauled on several occasions back there against this Clemson team. I don’t want to see that. Of course if he was 100% you give him the ball.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back