Well Richt seems to agree with us

Funny how once its acceptable to bash Richt, everyones true feelings have come out. Every knows Richt was average as **** at Georgia. Bob Stoops type ****. Never terrible but never elite

I don't think anyone here called him elite.

On this board? Havn't heard anyone griping about his winning percentage putting him in an elite category? I have

He's very good, not elite.
Elite is the best of the best IMO. Maybe 5 coaches.

Advertisement
I read it to say that he should have gone with more 2-back runs when he wanted to run, instead of the single-back runs. I think he's acknowledging that running out of shotgun is useless with Kaaya, because there is no run threat from the QB. So, he's going to run from more 2-back sets, which should also open up play-action pass from those sets.

That's how I interpret the comment. And I don't see it as a negative.

So he wants to put Kaaya under center where he struggles. And put a worthless FB in the game to bring another defender in the box.

Sounds like a great plan. This should go great.

Yeah. It's been working great so far when we've used it.

I read it to say that he should have gone with more 2-back runs when he wanted to run, instead of the single-back runs. I think he's acknowledging that running out of shotgun is useless with Kaaya, because there is no run threat from the QB. So, he's going to run from more 2-back sets, which should also open up play-action pass from those sets.

How do you not see that as a negative if that means more I-Form and Kaaya under center. Our OL isn't good enough to anchor that type of offense and Brad isn't anywhere near effective from under center.

Funny how once its acceptable to bash Richt, everyones true feelings have come out. Every knows Richt was average as **** at Georgia. Bob Stoops type ****. Never terrible but never elite

I don't think anyone here called him elite.

On this board? Havn't heard anyone griping about his winning percentage putting him in an elite category? I have

He's very good, not elite.
Elite is the best of the best IMO. Maybe 5 coaches.

Then Bob Stoops is very good. **** very good then

Advertisement

How do you not see that as a negative if that means more I-Form and Kaaya under center. Our OL isn't good enough to anchor that type of offense and Brad isn't anywhere near effective from under center.

I don't see it as a negative because the idea is not trying to give more passing opportunities to Kaaya, the goal is to improve the running game. And I think the 2-back approach would yield better results in the run game.

10931235_868205676533365_6060613279808193002_n.jpg

I don't see it as a negative because the idea is not trying to give more passing opportunities to Kaaya, the goal is to improve the running game. And I think the 2-back approach would yield better results in the run game.

It's actually been horrible for the run game all season.

So he wants to put Kaaya under center where he struggles. And put a worthless FB in the game to bring another defender in the box.

I think we need the FB to get the push he wants against better teams. That kid is 280, and should be able to help with opening some holes. The only alternative, which I'm not completely against, is going into shotgun tempo for the entire game, and only running when they drop 7 into coverage to stop the passing game. But it doesn't look like that will be his approach.

Advertisement

It's actually been horrible for the run game all season.

I don't think that's accurate. Walton and Yearby had great stats prior to the FSU game. And plenty of that was done with a FB.

Bring in Herman so we can lose to a Service academy! Oh I know, Les Miles. We want him runnings our offense. Why not offer Saban and Meyer as co-coaches and see what they say? Or Butch Davis- he went 1-5 against FSU! That's what we need. Lol dummies who are shook. Richt was the best possible hire we could make and there is no coach that was available last year or will be available this year who is better. Doubt that? Name one coaching candidate that we should have held out for or passed over.

Bring in Herman so we can lose to a Service academy! Oh I know, Les Miles. We want him runnings our offense. Why not offer Saban and Meyer as co-coaches and see what they say? Or Butch Davis- he went 1-5 against FSU! That's what we need. Lol dummies who are shook. Richt was the best possible hire we could make and there is no coach that was available last year or will be available this year who is better. Doubt that? Name one coaching candidate that we should have held out for or passed over.

Herman.

I think we need the FB to get the push he wants against better teams. That kid is 280, and should be able to help with opening some holes. The only alternative, which I'm not completely against, is going into shotgun tempo for the entire game, and only running when they drop 7 into coverage to stop the passing game. But it doesn't look like that will be his approach.

This entire offense is best suited to that alternative you referred to. We should be putting Kaaya in the shotgun, spreading defenses out and play pitch and catch as [MENTION=4841]The Franchise[/MENTION] said in another thread. The running game should consist of quit hitting runs again a spread out and on their heels defense.

Not only are we best suited to this on offense but it has been shown to be the best way to shred that garbage hole defense. We literally let them off the hook in what was one of the most inept and bizarre coaching performances I have ever seen.

Last edited:
Advertisement
LMAO at "play-calling is overrated." Play-calling is the difference between a team that won a NC with a third string qb and a team that put up 88 yards of offense versus a team that was giving up 35 ppg and 40 plus ppg against P5 competition.

Herman.

The Herman who just had his #6 ranked team lose to Navy? Navy doesn't even really recruit football players, it gets officer candidates who can play football. And he got his *** handed to him. Also Herman wasn't available last year, thank God

Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];2657244 said:
Richt is smart. Next week is massive to see how this team responds coming off that emotional loss.

This.

The dude unlike Golden didn't win an avg of 9 games at UGA for years for nothing.

Winning nine games in the SEC is not difficult. All you have to do is beat everybody except Florida, Alabama and LSU, which is what he typically did. ****, James Franklin started winning eight games at Vanderbilt.

Holy **** at those comments. So we're going to play to Kaaya's weakness even more now? Great.

The scariest thing to take from all of that is the "play calling is overrated" comment. Strap in Canes fans...going to be a long ride.

Ole Mark forgets he doesn't have an OL worth a **** or a game changing RB and a one dimensional QB who provides less threat in the running game than Franchise.

Advertisement
Back