Well Richt seems to agree with us

It's crazy how limited our offense is, both from a run and pass stand point, bc of Brad Kaaya smh

Advertisement
Oh no more fullback lol im almost done

That **** is ancient...play calling is overated....bad aycalling is under rated tho...get the fkin studs and everything is much easier. I think next year we will be more savage n im hoping kayaa bolts for the league. I know allison will get beat by perry because he cantrun n we need to adapat and get with the times we need that dt qb

crossover22[]_[];2657244 said:
Richt is smart. Next week is massive to see how this team responds coming off that emotional loss.

Richt is a very good guy, but not a good coach. I can;t even think go the last big game he has ever won.

Advertisement
Funny how once its acceptable to bash Richt, everyones true feelings have come out. Every knows Richt was average as **** at Georgia. Bob Stoops type ****. Never terrible but never elite

I read it to say that he should have gone with more 2-back runs when he wanted to run, instead of the single-back runs. I think he's acknowledging that running out of shotgun is useless with Kaaya, because there is no run threat from the QB. So, he's going to run from more 2-back sets, which should also open up play-action pass from those sets.

That's how I interpret the comment. And I don't see it as a negative.

Agree

Advertisement
Funny how once its acceptable to bash Richt, everyones true feelings have come out. Every knows Richt was average as **** at Georgia. Bob Stoops type ****. Never terrible but never elite

I don't think anyone here called him elite.

I don't think anyone here called him elite.

On this board? Havn't heard anyone griping about his winning percentage putting him in an elite category? I have

Advertisement
Unlike the previous coach mark knows when something isn't working . Many have complained about too much rpo. Well here's his quote from today .

Richt has said he’s both rusty as a play-caller (a job he’s performing for the first time in a decade) and said play-calling is “overrated.” Asked about his play-calling, he said he probably favored RPO (run-pass option) plays too much and didn’t call enough designed two-back runs (fullback blocking for a running back).
“We’ll get back to that” in the coming weeks, he said.

My worst nightmares with the Richt hire are coming true.

I read it to say that he should have gone with more 2-back runs when he wanted to run, instead of the single-back runs. I think he's acknowledging that running out of shotgun is useless with Kaaya, because there is no run threat from the QB. So, he's going to run from more 2-back sets, which should also open up play-action pass from those sets.

That's how I interpret the comment. And I don't see it as a negative.

So he wants to put Kaaya under center where he struggles. And put a worthless FB in the game to bring another defender in the box.

Sounds like a great plan. This should go great.

Advertisement
Richt should've kept his mouth shut and just said everything was done correctly and guys were in position to make plays but didn't we gotta execute the process we trust and y'all would've been soooooooo happy to hear it.

One thing is clear, if he takes this loss as badly as the vocal majority of this board next weekend is an L.

He's been a head coach for 15 years and feels rusty.

He hasn't called plays in a decade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I understand it:

1. Richt says he feels rusty doing playcalling
2. Richt hasn't called plays in years
3. Richt says play calling is overated

I applaud Richt's refreshing position that he doesn't know it all. So, why is he doing the playcalling? Why isn't he hiring a competent OC who can call plays? For now, isn't there ANYONE on the current staff who is competent in calling plays? Does that mean that no one knows how to call plays?

I know it's small comfort, it at least the guy has a guess as to what's wrong. al would say that things started with him and had to be better, but had know notion of what those things were. This doesn't mean it will get better, but at least he seems to have some direction.

I really wish he would just bring in a new OC to implement a spread offense after this year but I don't think that will happen. In any event, I do take some comfort in Richt actually admitting that he's rusty and changes need to be made. A refreshing change from "It starts me me. Now let me tell you how the players missed assignments and failed to execute."

Advertisement
Back