Welcome to the []_[]

I think many posters are confusing a few things:

1. Can the recruit play? I for one don't give a chit where the kid comes from as long as he can play. With that being said, it is a lot easier in general to recruit locally (i.e. send a coach/assistant to a game) than it is to watch a recruit 1300 miles away. In addition, there is an insane amount of talent within 50-100 miles of the campus. I understand there is a diva and irritation to recruiting this talent, but there still is a ton of talent. Just bring in talent and develop talent, that is all we can ask.

2. Are we taking reaches? Are we getting on kids early? Does AG have a track record for development at Miami? I think the answer to the first two questions might be YES. I think the answer the the third question is unknown. I think the third question will be answered this year. I think with AG's first real class (2012) being 3 years in the program it will demonstrate whether he can develop recruits into quality players. If he is able to develop recruits and win games, than it will be irrelevant whether AG is taking reaches since he has credibility.

You want to know why people are upset about AG

A. His loyalty to his DC,
B. 3-5, 5-3 and 5-3 (0-3 in winning the Coastal), and
C. The PSU embarrassment [My Personal Favorite]

ABC are why many people are turned off by a recruit committing to Miami.

Completely agree with the bolded A,B, and C. Especially A, which is why my faith in Golden is waning quickly. I was actually hoping he would go to Penn St. just to get away Dorito.

Advertisement

1. Can the recruit play? I for one don't give a chit where the kid comes from as long as he can play. With that being said, it is a lot easier in general to recruit locally (i.e. send a coach/assistant to a game) than it is to watch a recruit 1300 miles away. In addition, there is an insane amount of talent within 50-100 miles of the campus. I understand there is a diva and irritation to recruiting this talent, but there still is a ton of talent. Just bring in talent and develop talent, that is all we can ask.

2. Are we taking reaches? Are we getting on kids early? Does AG have a track record for development at Miami? I think the answer to the first two questions might be YES. I think the answer the the third question is unknown. I think the third question will be answered this year. I think with AG's first real class (2012) being 3 years in the program it will demonstrate whether he can develop recruits into quality players. If he is able to develop recruits and win games, than it will be irrelevant whether AG is taking reaches since he has credibility.

Completely agree with the bolded A,B, and C. Especially A, which is why my faith in Golden is waning quickly. I was actually hoping he would go to Penn St. just to get away Dorito.

I love how people Forget we actually had to forfeit the 2012 coastal Title and allowed GA Tech to play in the championship. but yes continue we went 0-3 in the coastal title.

I love how people Forget we actually had to forfeit the 2012 coastal Title and allowed GA Tech to play in the championship. but yes continue we went 0-3 in the coastal title.

UNC actually won the coastal that year but had to forfeit...try again.

UNC actually won the coastal that year but had to forfeit...try again.

Exactly.

Advertisement

You're right, we were AWESOME in 2012 and we aren't giving proper credit.

You're right, we were AWESOME in 2012 and we aren't giving proper credit.
It's as bad as Auburn claiming the 1983 national title

look at the kids tape not his stars

Tape's meh, he looks a little stiff, IMO.

You're telling people to not focus on stars, yet half the people in this thread are signing their praises to Golden because he landed a kid Michigan State scholarship offer.

Kilby-Lane is a better prospect with more upside and didn't even give UM the time of day.

kid dont look too stiff to me with his size, he has a good motor and is good at reading the play

i liked kirby lane but ill take coney and humphries over him

Advertisement

And people quickly forget that UNC had to forfeit as well. Even if we didn't forfeit, 2012 was an excellent season (heavy sarcasm).

We're 0-3 in the coastal.

LMAOOO how is it that you guys seem to find a way to suck the enjoyment out of everything! Even being a fan of your favorite football team! Some of you need to get your **** together out in the real world because it's clearly showing that it's not

Welcome to the :neonu:

68.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement

The PSU embarrassment is that they turned him down.

We are horrible as a fan base, we have the top 10 class according to 247sports, & we haven't even gotten our blue chip players yet, and we are all mad lol

Advertisement
Back