Welcome to the []_[]

Denzel Perryman (our best defensive player) - 3 star
Stephen Morris ( one of the top passers in UM history)- 3 star
Allen Hurns ( last years most consistent receiver) - 3 star
Dallas Crawford (probably our most versatile playmaker) - 3 star
Rayshawn Jenkins ( most consistent defensive back) - 3 star

Easy to say that our most consistent players were once 3 stars, stop b****ing over a kid that WANTS to be here. This guy shows more respect for The U than some of the top flight players in Sofl

holy ****

No more 5 stars like Duke or Tracy Howard, please!

That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm just ttying to make a point to the pessimist that 3 stars do have upside. I would rather take a 3 star with a chip on his shoulder than a 5 star that doesn't want to be a Cane!
Upside that golden won't get the most out of.

Advertisement
So the DC of a team with a wayyyy better D last year than any of the mighty $EC teams that half of you slurp wanted this kid yet he's a jag in some of your eyes? Narduzzi himself could fly here, tell you this kid is good and then punch you in the face and some of you mopes would still be mumbling about some local kid in between diabeetus gut and Cool Ranch snark as you lay on the floor looking like a bigger sissy than Tony Parker. Welcome to the U! Woooooooooo!

We all wanted Narduzzi if Golden bolted, yet when we get a guy he wants, people are disappointed just because where he is from?

Say what?

I said he was a nice get.

My disappointment was more about the overall class.

It's great that we got a guy Pat Narduzzi wanted. The problem is we don't have Pat Narduzzi to coach him. We have Mark D'Onofrio. And Al Golden. We need 4 and 5 star guys to offset their subpar coaching.

Last edited:
Really blows my mind that Golden and Nofrio recruited Muhammad Wilkerson and Terrance Knighten.. And both of them played D-line of ALL positions at TEMPLE of ALL schools and got drafted 1st and 3rd rounds.

Ones a beast for Denver and the other is All-pro for the Jets. Who was temples Dline coach then?

I mean I'm not happy but both these players had no stars. And yes both these players played for Al and Mark in THIER system.

Believe that S***. Welcome to the U though.

And it's too **** early to be talking about stars. Strowbridge and Mcintosh both have 3 stars but nobody would complain about that.

I'll Wait till NSD to complain about this class, but Al has a lot of work to so between now and then

Advertisement

Easy to say that our most consistent players were once 3 stars, stop b****ing over a kid that WANTS to be here. This guy shows more respect for The U than some of the top flight players in Sofl

holy ****

That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm just ttying to make a point to the pessimist that 3 stars do have upside. I would rather take a 3 star with a chip on his shoulder than a 5 star that doesn't want to be a Cane!

[video=youtube;dG2utjKxQ1k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG2utjKxQ1k[/video]

holy ****

Yeah, I'd rather take 3 stars like AJ Highsmith over five stars who didn't want to be 'Canes like Patrick Johnson/Peterson!

Really blows my mind that Golden and Nofrio recruited Muhammad Wilkerson and Terrance Knighten.. And both of them played D-line of ALL positions at TEMPLE of ALL schools and got drafted 1st and 3rd rounds.

Ones a beast for Denver and the other is All-pro for the Jets. Who was temples Dline coach then?

I mean I'm not happy but both these players had no stars. And yes both these players played for Al and Mark in THIER system.

And it's too **** early to be talking about stars. Strowbridge and Mcintosh both have 3 stars but nobody would complain about that.

Golden didn't recruit Knighton.

Advertisement
I would rather fill the class up fast with guys who WANT to be Canes. I don't want to get burned at the end waiting for guys who should have committed 6 months beforehand. SoFla kids have the same offers that everyone else does. If they want in, all they have to do is commit......

Gotta love the WEZ crowd lol

wonder if the kid gets a 4th star his Sr. yr will the same folks still ***** about this pick-up

Last edited:

He still lost with more talent than anybody when he coached at temple?

Crawford was a 5 star
Perrman had a ton of offers
Morris blows
Allen Hurns not a game changer
Jenkins will be beat out tis year and is not better than Howard, Burns or Burns.Now Crawford or Carter will beat him out this year

Advertisement

and what has this gotten us besides a drubbing everytime we play a decent team on national TV? There's alot of questions marks about the Xs and Os of this staff...so we need to recruit the best talent possible to overcome the coaching limitations imo. I'm sick and tired of watching us get our panties pulled down and bent over by real teams.

Crawford was a 5 star
Morris blows
Jenkins will be beat out tis year and is not better than Howard, Burns or Burns.Now Crawford or Carter will beat him out this year

Dallas Crawford was not a 5 star

Crawford was a 5 star
Morris blows
Crawford was a 5 star on which service? The highest I saw him ranked was a 4* on ESPN. 3* on Rivals.
Perryman had a ton of offers, but was still a 3* because folks thought he was undersized. Look at what he is now, and with a big/injury-free Senior year, he'll be in line for national awards and could end up the first ILB taken off the board in the next NFL Draft. Not bad for a 3*.
Morris sucked as an all-around QB, but he set a bunch of school records while at Miami. To D-Lowe's original point from his post--3* guys don't normally do that.
Hurns was a solid possession receiver for us, and made some big catches when we needed them...and also set a school record last year. Again--3* guys don't normally do that.

I'll give you Jenkins, though he'd be right in the conversation to start at Safety if not for injuries getting in the way.

Advertisement
the only problem with this premise of Mich St wanted him, therefore he's a stud is we don't have Narduzzi on our staff. He's made a career of fielding killer Ds with limited talent/3 star types. Fat Al and Dorito don't have the same track record

not only that, but are we even sure Narduzzi wanted him to begin with? Or are we just assuming that because his profile shows an MSU offer? Vincen Jackson and Travis Johnson don't approve of such assumptions.
I'm assuming that. I don't know for sure that he had a committable offer, but if it's listed on his profile--then there's no proof to the contrary that shows that he DIDN'T have the MSU offer. If you've got it, then show it. Something other than anecdotal comparisons to Jackson/Johnson. Otherwise, you have zero proof saying that he didn't have the MSU offer.

As for the "we don't have Narduzzi" argument, sure--it's up to the staff to develop him. I don't have the utmost confidence that they can/will either, but they're getting a guy in Gordinier that (assuming MSU did indeed offer) Narduzzi felt could play for his defense. That's good enough for me. They've gotten a player that a defensive genius wanted and felt like he could do something with...so kudos on the get. Now, it's on the staff to develop him. If they don't, then fvck them.

Like I said--if we had a chance to take Gordinier and didn't, and Narduzzi took him at MSU and he became a beast (or ****, even if he went to Boston College and became the next Kuechly), then Golden/NoDFrio would get nailed for not taking him.

Some people just want to bytch for the sake of it, I guess.

NOTE: I will say that these comparisons don't always work. Bud Foster wanted Juwand Blue. Butch Davis' (the CIS Football Board's savior and patron saint) wanted Nate Dortch. Sometimes guys look like they have potential and either the staff doesn't develop them, or they never put in the work to develop, or it's a missed evaluation (which guys like Foster/Butch sometimes have like anyone).

I would rather fill the class up fast with guys who WANT to be Canes. I don't want to get burned at the end waiting for guys who should have committed 6 months beforehand. SoFla kids have the same offers that everyone else does. If they want in, all they have to do is commit......

Quit with making too much sense. Its Golden's fault that SFL divas wont commit.

Advertisement
Back