Welcome to the []_[]

Denzel Perryman (our best defensive player) - 3 star
Stephen Morris ( one of the top passers in UM history)- 3 star
Allen Hurns ( last years most consistent receiver) - 3 star
Dallas Crawford (probably our most versatile playmaker) - 3 star
Rayshawn Jenkins ( most consistent defensive back) - 3 star

Easy to say that our most consistent players were once 3 stars, stop b****ing over a kid that WANTS to be here. This guy shows more respect for The U than some of the top flight players in Sofl

holy ****

This is how I feel when I read some of these threads.

289.gif

People here trying to justify how a 3 star from a small NJ town is equivalent to a 3 star from sofla. I'm sure the kid can be a swell player but history is not exactly on his side.

Advertisement
I would rather fill the class up fast with guys who WANT to be Canes. I don't want to get burned at the end waiting for guys who should have committed 6 months beforehand. SoFla kids have the same offers that everyone else does. If they want in, all they have to do is commit......

Quit with making too much sense. Its Golden's fault that SFL divas wont commit.

Won't commit ? SBB and Ridley had no problem committing to Alabama....Cole had no problem committing to FSU.....Deon Cain to Clemson....Im sure you'll call them divas because they aren't committed here....When we go out of state it needs to be for ballers (Hester, AQM) not guys who we hope are going to develop ( even though our coaching staff can't develop sht)

Easy to say that our most consistent players were once 3 stars, stop b****ing over a kid that WANTS to be here. This guy shows more respect for The U than some of the top flight players in Sofl

holy ****

289.gif

People here trying to justify how a 3 star from a small NJ town is equivalent to a 3 star from sofla. I'm sure the kid can be a swell player but history is not exactly on his side.
Who said he was equivalent? I didn't see anyone in the thread saying that this guy was the next Denzel Perryman or anything.

Gotta love the WEZ crowd lol

wonder if the kid gets a 4th star his Sr. yr will the same folks still **** about this pick-up
That would be great if he got his 4th star...notice how you said IF...do you live life like that ? saying what if all the time ? this type of pick up would be fine if we actually developed players....I actually dont think this is a bad pick up...But the class as a whole is not championship caliber

Small NJ town? He plays for the best team over the last few yrs in the shore conference. Same school as donald brown, he sucked at uconn id rather have our dominant rbs we have put in the nfl recently. Tabb the backup for ebron last year also went to RBC. But i also forgot we have been TE U recently as well.

Like dude above us said people will *****h just to *****h. You would rather take sf players that either cant get in academically or decommits day of enrollment. Makes sense

Advertisement
look at the kids tape not his stars

Tape's meh, he looks a little stiff, IMO.

You're telling people to not focus on stars, yet half the people in this thread are signing their praises to Golden because he landed a kid Michigan State scholarship offer.

Kilby-Lane is a better prospect with more upside and didn't even give UM the time of day.

I think many posters are confusing a few things:

1. Can the recruit play? I for one don't give a chit where the kid comes from as long as he can play. With that being said, it is a lot easier in general to recruit locally (i.e. send a coach/assistant to a game) than it is to watch a recruit 1300 miles away. In addition, there is an insane amount of talent within 50-100 miles of the campus. I understand there is a diva and irritation to recruiting this talent, but there still is a ton of talent. Just bring in talent and develop talent, that is all we can ask.

2. Are we taking reaches? Are we getting on kids early? Does AG have a track record for development at Miami? I think the answer to the first two questions might be YES. I think the answer the the third question is unknown. I think the third question will be answered this year. I think with AG's first real class (2012) being 3 years in the program it will demonstrate whether he can develop recruits into quality players. If he is able to develop recruits and win games, than it will be irrelevant whether AG is taking reaches since he has credibility.

You want to know why people are upset about AG

A. His loyalty to his DC,
B. 3-5, 5-3 and 5-3 (0-3 in winning the Coastal), and
C. The PSU embarrassment [My Personal Favorite]

ABC are why many people are turned off by a recruit committing to Miami.

I would rather fill the class up fast with guys who WANT to be Canes. I don't want to get burned at the end waiting for guys who should have committed 6 months beforehand. SoFla kids have the same offers that everyone else does. If they want in, all they have to do is commit......

Won't commit ? SBB and Ridley had no problem committing to Alabama....Cole had no problem committing to FSU.....Deon Cain to Clemson....Im sure you'll call them divas because they aren't committed here....When we go out of state it needs to be for ballers (Hester, AQM) not guys who we hope are going to develop ( even though our coaching staff can't develop sht)

My point is that these so called Miami fans for some insane reason think every 4/5 star kid in SFL wants to come to Miami who has been average at best the last 10 years rather than go to schools that have been relevant and winning. You can sit around and hope these guys commit close to or on NSD(how did that work out for Coker) or you can get players that want to play here.
And the players you listed how many are still going on visits and only a certain % committed to that school. You know **** well if all these guys want to commit to Miami later they will make room for them.

Last edited:
Advertisement

holy ****

289.gif

Who said he was equivalent? I didn't see anyone in the thread saying that this guy was the next Denzel Perryman or anything.

Um, that's EXACTLY what the poster was trying to do. He was making the comparisons to current 3 star prospects on the field. He was establishing a correlation.

My point is that these so called Miami fans for some insane reason think every 4/5 star kid in SFL wants to come to Miami who has been average at best the last 10 years rather than go to schools that have been relevant and winning. You can sit around and hope these guys commit close to or on NSD(how did that work out for Coker) or you can get players that want to play here.
And the players you listed how many are still going on visits and only a certain % committed to that school. You know **** well if all these guys want to commit to Miami later they will make room for them.
Kids aren't committing because the product is garbage. Funny how the top programs don't have a problem pulling recruits. Win games, look competent on game days, don't get blown out, don't get pushed around and embarrassed on national tv on multiple occasions, develop players to gain recruits confidence that they are going to get to the nfl. Tell me how many of those things have occurred under Goldens tenure?

You want studs then win big games and develop your players. The NCAA mess was nothing in comparison to that collapse at the end of the 2013 season followed by that abomination of a bowl game. You want to know why kids don't want to be canes pop in the FSU, Duke, VT, UL game tapes and to a slightly lesser degree the Wake or UNC games and that will tell you all you need to know as to why some kids don't want to be canes. They're not divas, our coaching staff just doesn't instill the greatest confidence.

Last edited:
And the players you listed how many are still going on visits and only a certain % committed to that school. You **** well if all these guys want to commit to Miami later they will make room for them.

That may be true in bold but I think a lot of people have a problem with not taking some of the local 3 stars who would have come to Miami.

Some of these local kids include:

- Burgess,
- Moore,
- Worton,
- Cerenord,
- Ishmael

I'm just saying that people would rather take a lot of these local recruits over some of these OOS recruits based on the track record.

Of course they would make room. The problem is they won't want to commit to Miami later because of this staff. I agree we need to get players that want to be here. All I'm saying is maybe we need a staff, or a scheme that gets higher quality players to want to be here. Its recruiting. You're basically saying we should just forget about trying to land all those 4 and 5 star dudes and go and offer dudes that we know will commit to us. That's not how we're going to get back to the top. And if thats how Golden operates then he dosn't need to be at Miami

Advertisement
Welcome to the U.

I like the NJ pipeline and this type of recruiting is expected considering Golden is an alumnus at RBC.

look at the kids tape not his stars

Havent you figured it out yet??? We have the best talent evaluator posters on this board....

They know everything about football!!! They want STARS!!!! Tape??? Pssh who watches tape??

You are in the presence of the greatest Madden and NCAA 14' champions.... they know how to run a program.... on PS3, PS4 and XBOX

holy ****

289.gif

Um, that's EXACTLY what the poster was trying to do. He was making the comparisons to current 3 star prospects on the field. He was establishing a correlation.
Drawing an equivalency of 3* players doesn't mean he was saying a NJ 3* was equal to a S. FL 3*. I think the fact that his list had nothing but S. FL players was more by accident than anything, as he was trying to compare our best 3* players to Gordinier.

Not saying I agree or disagree, just saying that making that jump from comparing 3* players to saying that the guy wanted to say 3* NJ = 3* S. FL is an illogical thing to do.

Advertisement

Of course they would make room. The problem is they won't want to commit to Miami later because of this staff. I agree we need to get players that want to be here. All I'm saying is maybe we need a staff, or a scheme that gets higher quality players to want to be here. Its recruiting. You're basically saying we should just forget about trying to land all those 4 and 5 star dudes and go and offer dudes that we know will commit to us. That's not how we're going to get back to the top. And if thats how Golden operates then he dosn't need to be at Miami

No, you dont forget about those players but Miami is not going to get 20+ 4/5 star players. I agree the on field product is not good. **** i was hoping Golden was going to Penn State cause I think Strong would of jumped all over the Miami job. I am not a fan of the 3-4 in college. It just gets old how every thread turns into bashing a commit or blaming Golden if they are not a 4/5 star from SFL

the only problem with this premise of Mich St wanted him, therefore he's a stud is we don't have Narduzzi on our staff. He's made a career of fielding killer Ds with limited talent/3 star types. Fat Al and Dorito don't have the same track record

not only that, but are we even sure Narduzzi wanted him to begin with? Or are we just assuming that because his profile shows an MSU offer? Vincen Jackson and Travis Johnson don't approve of such assumptions.
I'm assuming that. I don't know for sure that he had a committable offer, but if it's listed on his profile--then there's no proof to the contrary that shows that he DIDN'T have the MSU offer. If you've got it, then show it. Something other than anecdotal comparisons to Jackson/Johnson. Otherwise, you have zero proof saying that he didn't have the MSU offer.

As for the "we don't have Narduzzi" argument, sure--it's up to the staff to develop him. I don't have the utmost confidence that they can/will either, but they're getting a guy in Gordinier that (assuming MSU did indeed offer) Narduzzi felt could play for his defense. That's good enough for me. They've gotten a player that a defensive genius wanted and felt like he could do something with...so kudos on the get. Now, it's on the staff to develop him. If they don't, then fvck them.

Like I said--if we had a chance to take Gordinier and didn't, and Narduzzi took him at MSU and he became a beast (or ****, even if he went to Boston College and became the next Kuechly), then Golden/NoDFrio would get nailed for not taking him.

Some people just want to bytch for the sake of it, I guess.

NOTE: I will say that these comparisons don't always work. Bud Foster wanted Juwand Blue. Butch Davis' (the CIS Football Board's savior and patron saint) wanted Nate Dortch. Sometimes guys look like they have potential and either the staff doesn't develop them, or they never put in the work to develop, or it's a missed evaluation (which guys like Foster/Butch sometimes have like anyone).

Well said. The MSU boards I looked at never qualified it as anything but an actual offer. Agreed as well that there's no guarantee that we develop this kid as Narduzzi might have. That said, the "meh" crowd on this kid can't say they're unimpressed with him while also singing the praise of Natduzzi in comparison to D'Onofrio/Golden. Either Narduzzi has an eye for talent or he doesn't. Reducing the conversation to only looking at how many stars a kid has because you think that's the only way to offset your perceived deficiencies by our current staff is a juvenile mindset at best. How'd that approach work out with Uncle Larry and Corch Radio?

Last edited:
c'mon, the kid moves extremely well for someone 6'4 235. doesn't really look stiff for a kid who's 16 years old and a jr in hs. I wish we ran the defenses like when JJ and Erickson were here, this kid would be a 6'4 250 pound defensive end instead of a lber. but, any way. let's see how his sr year plays out and if he gets rated higher.
I always like a white kid who has the guts to come here and play on our defensive side of the ball. takes some attitude.

Time will tell i guess 5 star Jabrill Peppers is lower than 4 star Nigel Bethel too huh? Talent is talent. people are just bias because the team doesn't resemble exactly like the championship teams. we get our Florida players too just be patient.

Advertisement
Back