Weight Room Numbers - RB/DB/QB/WR

In regards to the 40 times, some things to keep in mind

The NFL combine is the true test. On campus, hand held times are usually between .05 - .10 faster

Consider Braxton Berrios Pro Day timing.:

"His 40-yard dash, as timed by the stopwatches of NFL scouts, was “4.4, mid-4.4, in that range.” One had him as low as 4.35 seconds. The highest reported was 4.47. "

So there a .12 variance on hand held stopwatches timing the exact same 40. His "official" announced ended up being 4.44. If you took Braxton's "best" time, it would be 4.35, and that's probably what these times are.

But the end takeaway is not the exact times - Lingard and Homer wouldn't push sub 4.3 40's at the combine. But they'd probably be right around a 4.40. End result - they're really f'ing fast.

And all the weight testing translates. So you can see the players on the team that are great athletes, even if they're times aren't exact.

Advertisement
That’s fair.

I’m hoping that Redwine has a Michael Jackson type break out year where he’s talked about in the first 2 rounds of the draft and 1st team All ACC.

Redwine gets a pass from me because unless you are just an elite football player its very tough to go from playing CB your entire career to S in one season and not having some low moments. Mike Rumph couldn't do it in the NFL and it ultimately got him out of the league. Antrel Rolle could and it extended his career.

I am willing to give Redwine last year as a mulligan. Lets see what he does now. Hes clearly been puttin' in work.

Redwine gets a pass from me because unless you are just an elite football player its very tough to go from playing CB your entire career to S in one season and not having some low moments. Mike Rumph couldn't do it in the NFL and it ultimately got him out of the league. Antrel Rolle could and it extended his career.

I am willing to give Redwine last year as a mulligan. Lets see what he does now. Hes clearly been puttin' in work.
He’s gotten better every year since he’s been at Miami, no reason to suspect he won’t get any better this year after 2017 which imo he was solid for most of the year

Maybe but just maybe there is a chance that a player can improve from one season to the next one.

The only thing Tremain Mack was able to achieve his first two seasons was snapping the ball 2 Meters over the head of the punter as a LS. Look what he was able to do the next couple of seasons.

Advertisement
First time I seen the name Travis Homer was reading the nike opening results and he stuck ou t like a sore thumb. Kid is freak like and will be in the tops of any combine like event.

Advertisement

Thought Redwine was a Safety in HS and we moved him to corner out of necessity. I think that’s what has everyone messed up. Last year was his first opportunity to play his natural position again.

I started high school as a corner, got into a fight in school, got suspended, lost my spot at corner, and worked my way into the FS job.
I played for a small school, so a lot of us played both ways. I loved playing receiver, but despised playing corner. But when I got moved to safety, the position just clicked with me. After that I actually preferred defense.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Let's bump this next February at the combine.

I like to see guys putting in work and being excited about improving. That said add .15 to the 40s and you probably have the laser numbers.

he tries hard and is always around the ball. i was just honestly shocked at that 40 time

I agree he’s a little juiced up on the 40 time but people flat out dog the kid all the time. He’s a good kid & he plays very hard. Plus we offered late & he didn’t get all in his feelings like other recruits do.

I agree he’s a little juiced up on the 40 time but people flat out dog the kid all the time. He’s a good kid & he plays very hard. Plus we offered late & he didn’t get all in his feelings like other recruits do.
he's accomplished more here than a kid like cager who this board cant stop making threads about. Redwine is a kid like trent harris, he will never get respect.

Jesus, never seen so much fuss over a forty time. Y'all acting like you've never seen a player who tests well but plays sub-par. Happens all the time.
And honestly I don't think Redwine is as bad as y'all making him out to be.

Obviously all the forties are off but Redwine is indeed one of our fastest players. It's right there in the testing results.

If he hand-timed 4.38 then he is likely a legit low 4.5, which is believable.

Advertisement
Back