Weight Room Numbers - RB/DB/QB/WR

All those 40 times look off, all of them. Youly see when they get to run at the combine. No way.

Advertisement
This take is a complete reality detachment. Did you, and the other Redwine haters, not see that he’s in the top 10 on almost every measurable posted?

#5 - 20 yd shuttle
#1 - Vertical jump
#6 - 40 yard dash
#6 - Bench press
#8 - Squat
#4 - Power Clean

It shows the kid has put work in and needs to be commended for it, not dismissed. He also had a great camp. Miami needs everyone to step up and Redwine and Knowles (base during on camp and seeing his name on the list as well) and Burns and a few others are doing it. We should be excited. I know I am.
First of all redwine shouldn’t be included with knowles or burns because outside of a few games last year he played well

He may test well in other areas but I just Haven’t seen that type of speed from him, no doubt he’s improved in that area though. On the other hand we have seen that type of speed from Thomas, Harley, lingard and homer. Not the list 4.27 and 4.31 but high 4.3 I can See that

Awesome stuff! Cager’s shuttle time is pretty impressive

Time to utilize that agility properly:
This frustration falls on the coaches not the player. Cager is a big WR who plays small because he has a narrow, thin frame and unique agility for his size. Use him like you would a small WR and his size and separation skills will be an asset. Pigeonhole him into the 'X receiver to the boundary slant/fade contested catches' role and he will continue to disappoint

^ I was downvoted 6x for this post :rolleyes:

In many cases it's learning HOW to run the 40, not just getting faster. Obviously guys get faster, but there's a great chance they are getting better educated on how to run it, and that's where you see the real time shaved off.
Agree but there must be a certain amount of raw speed/ talent to start with. Regardless, he is improving in many areas as are other team members and the key to a successful team and player.

Advertisement
I agree. However, we both have read some of the criticism leveled at Redwine during the season, especially the early games and Clemson.

The point is that I think Redwine MAY have a Jaquan Johnson type year/improvement. He had a great camp; he said he’s watching more film; he’s killing his measurables...why is he being doubted? Knowles was most improved in the Spring, Burns is looking healthy and surprising many.

When do people who say their fans of Miami actually start rooting for guys who play for Miami?
Agree with redwine and burns. I’m not holding out hope for knowles, he almost single handidly lost that FSU game giving up 2 tds and another big catch in the 4th

This take is a complete reality detachment. Did you, and the other Redwine haters, not see that he’s in the top 10 on almost every measurable posted?

#5 - 20 yd shuttle
#1 - Vertical jump
#6 - 40 yard dash
#6 - Bench press
#8 - Squat
#4 - Power Clean

It shows the kid has put work in and needs to be commended for it, not dismissed. He also had a great camp. Miami needs everyone to step up and Redwine and Knowles (base during on camp and seeing his name on the list as well) and Burns and a few others are doing it. We should be excited. I know I am.
All that is good but redwine is not running a 4.38. That's elite speed.

You sound stupid as ****, I said He’s a high 4.3 guy but not a 4.30 guy. There are only a handful if that that can run that in football period
Homer isn't a high 4.3. He probably is a 4.43-4.45 type dude.

Advertisement
Let me make this clear, but unfortunately it probably won’t be the last time...

ALL HAND-TIMED 40 YARD DASHES ARE BULL****!

It doesn’t matter if it’s on grass, on the track, on turf...it doesn’t matter because they’re ALL hand timed.

But to say Redwine’s time is bull**** and imply that the others are factual is ignorant. They’re all relative to the surface they ran on and the timing system used.

Is it a combine 40? Of course not. And, that’s what many have tried to say that all colleges should use the combine timing system which is closer to accurate because THEY ARE SEMI-AUTOMATIC AND NOT HAND TIMED.
No the other times are wrong too. Homer isn't a 4.31, lingard isnt 4.27, and bandy isn't 4.37. And i know hand times are ****. They said dorsett ran a 4.19.

Y'all fight so hard to tear our players/coaches down, it's really weird.

I don't think I've seen anyone say these numbers are exact but we still have 50 people rushing to their keyboard to say so and so doesn't run that, I never saw that speed from so and so etc. These times are wrong!(insert Arthur fist gif here) Whats your point and or goal?

As others have said these are usually about a tenth off, still a helpful guide to see who's running the fastest 40s. Whether you like the results or not.

Advertisement

#5 - 20 yd shuttle
#1 - Vertical jump
#6 - 40 yard dash
#6 - Bench press
#8 - Squat
#4 - Power Clean

Redwine haters?

Do you mean OMG Redwine is hurt WTF is Knowles doing?!?! Haters?

Someone being overlooked is Rosier. 8th in the bench and 2nd in the power clean. Not sure how those numbers will relate to accurately throwing a football, but at least he's showing up in the weight room.

What are his film room numbers though?

Agree but there must be a certain amount of raw speed/ talent to start with. Regardless, he is improving in many areas as are other team members and the key to a successful team and player.
Well yeah. I don't recall anyone ever running the 40 being timed that wasn't SOME kind of athletic.
I agree, though. You only get better at anything through hard work, and that hard work will pay off. I think back to our Butch teams and how hard they worked in the offseason. It was that work ethic that put them over the top. We had the hardest working O-line in the country.

Advertisement
I just posted this in another thread but it belongs here:

Redwine takes bad angles that leave him out of position and make him look slower than he (apparently) is. He isn't physical enough either, for a guy that is (apparently) so strong in the weight room.

I've been knocking Red since his freshman year. Hoping he proves me wrong this year.

On a separate note: I only glanced over the weight room numbers, but, not surprisingly, it looks like the seniors are leading the way. It makes it that much more impressive that Deejay's name is everywhere.

no way redwine ran a 4.3 lol
if those numbers are true, we haven't had team wide speed like that in a while

You’ve seen him get beat deep or him not be able to catch someone?

He’s a Florida boy from Miami..don’t put it past him

Last edited:
Let’s assume everything you say about Redwine in the past is true. But let’s also assume that the numbers from testing THIS YEAR are tipping us off to a new and improved Redwine.

Wouldn’t that be a good thing?

^^moved this quote to this thread, where it fits better.

I think Redwine is serviceable, and am hopeful he can improve. He made a position change last year that could theoretically play into the bad angles - safety needs to be the last line of defense, and I'm not sure he understood that (although I would argue that angles come naturally and are something you can't teach; nor are instincts, which I think he also lacks.)

Physicality is something I think one can improve at - that is a mindset more than it is physical ability. I remember posting last year that playing downhill didn't seem natural to him. Hopefully a year at safety helped out there.

I just wouldn't be surprised if he sees fewer snaps this year than he did last year.

Advertisement
Back