Weight Room Numbers - RB/DB/QB/WR

Advertisement
I'm sorry I can't believe the Redwine numbers. Dude looks a step slow on everything. Then again it could that more mental like not trusting his eyes/keys and hesitating to much. I remember being shocked when Rayshawn Jenkins ran a 4.4 in the combine I think.

Anyways, I think my heart is ready to see some of OL/DL having worse bench press then some of the RBs and WRs.

Advertisement
I'm sorry I can't believe the Redwine numbers. Dude looks a step slow on everything. Then again it could that more mental like not trusting his eyes/keys and hesitating to much. I remember being shocked when Rayshawn Jenkins ran a 4.4 in the combine I think.

Anyways, I think my heart is ready to see some of OL/DL having worse bench press then some of the RBs and WRs.
I was Shocked Dee Delaney ran a 4.46 at the combine too

Travis always been a beast. Boy puts in work. Primed for a big season..

Chonga season has arrived and the boy is killing the game.

0697db4e445aea17be91d6c20e3c62d7.jpg

Homer and Jaquan are going to kill it at the combine.
I can See homer killing it but not yet with Jaquan considering I don’t think that’s his setting. Who knows though if he goes out and run a 4.50 at 5’11 195 that would be a great thing for him but don’t know if he runs that

Last edited:
Track/Combine speed does not always translate to Football speed. For example Devin Hester ran a 4.41 40yd dash, however by watching his tape you would think he ran a 4 flat. Redwine might be one of the fastest guys on the team but he may not play like it because of hesitation and diagnosing the play can slow him down.

Also as a general rule I like to add around .10 seconds to hand clocked 40 times for good measure.

Advertisement
what is it about the 40 timing process at the combine that teams can't perform that same process everywhere? You see some of these times, e.g. Redwine running a 4.38, and really wonder if they would be able to run that at the combine.

Team speed looks like it's up, and that's great! It's exactly what Richt targeted when he first got here. Dallas putting up some impressive numbers too. RBs could be something special this year.

Hand times are way faster than the electric they use at combine. Also, everything is probably in the runners favor for this, track, wind, distance (might not be exact 40 yards), etc.

I use this stuff more of a comparison than “he’s a 4.2 guy”. I know Homer is fast, so Lingard timing better is great.

I can See homer killing it but know yet with Jaquan considering I don’t think that’s his setting. Who knows though if he goes out and run a 4.50 at 5’11 195 that would be a great thing for him but don’t know if he runs that

I'm impressed by his strength on the Bench Press for being on the smaller side. Remember Jaquan wasn't seen as a guy who would kill testing numbers, he was always thought to be more on the instinctual side. Nice to see him putting in the work.

Advertisement
Only ones that looks bull**** is redwine, homer and lingard’s. Lingard is not a 4.2 guy but I can see a high 4.3 in addition to a high 4.3 with homer as well but not 4.30 flat

You're turning into Broke again. You can't claim homer is fast and then claim his 40 time is BS.

Advertisement
the only test on the list that subject to human error is the hand timed 40... everything else is legit and looks so. I do think we are faster as a team though

Redwine’s numbers were great across the board. It wasn’t just the 40. He had the highest vertical on the team (39 inches).

Remember when he was backflipping all over the field after we beat Duke? He is an underrated athlete.

He doesn’t play sub-4.4, but I think he will play faster as he gets more comfortable at safety.

Redwine’s numbers were great across the board. It wasn’t just the 40.

Remember when he was backflipping all over the field after we beat Duke? He is an underrated athlete.

He doesn’t play sub-4.4, but I think he will play faster as he gets more comfortable at safety.

He does a horrible job playing the ball though....

Hand times are way faster than the electric they use at combine. Also, everything is probably in the runners favor for this, track, wind, distance (might not be exact 40 yards), etc.

I use this stuff more of a comparison than “he’s a 4.2 guy”. I know Homer is fast, so Lingard timing better is great.

Some of that I can agree with. A lot of hyperbole involved. You actually think they're not running exactly 40 yards?! Not that hard of a metric to accurately gauge.

Advertisement
Back