Weight Room Numbers - RB/DB/QB/WR

Advertisement
Let me go ahead and buy some stock in Homer, while it's low lol. Cager Shuttle though! If that's legit, he's a f'uckin nightmare on a slant or anything short.

Chonga season has arrived and the boy is killing the game.

0697db4e445aea17be91d6c20e3c62d7.jpg
There's your recruiting poster, Gentlemen. Can't duplicate that in Tuscaloosa.

Advertisement
Homer at a listed 195 pounds doing a 485 squat. No wonder he can break tackles.
On Redwine I saw on a post here of actual HS testing by ESPBN he was listed as a 4.77 guy. That 4.38 -- 40 seems a little off but if he has dropped from 4.77 in HS to even the upper 4.5s that is excellent improvement.

On Redwine I saw on a post here of actual HS testing by ESPBN he was listed as a 4.77 guy. That 4.38 -- 40 seems a little off but if he has dropped from 4.77 in HS to even the upper 4.5s that is excellent improvement.
In many cases it's learning HOW to run the 40, not just getting faster. Obviously guys get faster, but there's a great chance they are getting better educated on how to run it, and that's where you see the real time shaved off.

Evan engram went from a 4.9 in highschool to a 4.43 at the combine.

Advertisement
Homer is a workout warrior. Always has been. His SPARQ prior to his Sr year in HS at the Miami Regionals was in the 120s. If he even has a good year this year I expect him to leave early. He will destroy the combine. Never mind if he has a great one.
I think homer is one of those guys who might stay all 4 years.

Give me the bench/squat numbers for the OL/DL. Put your name on it.

I'll believe redwines numbers when I see them

guy almost always looks physically over matched out there

fsu fans aren't gonna let him forget getting trucked like he did any time soon either

Advertisement
Hand times are way faster than the electric they use at combine. Also, everything is probably in the runners favor for this, track, wind, distance (might not be exact 40 yards), etc.

I use this stuff more of a comparison than “he’s a 4.2 guy”. I know Homer is fast, so Lingard timing better is great.

Definitely there are factors that affect the time, surface, indoor vs outdoor, etc. I just think the technology is there and should be readily available, where hand-timed 40s could be done away with. I tend to think colleges like them b/c they always tend to be lower and that gets fans excited. I mean 11 guys ran sub-4.40 at the combine last year out of all the players there from all over the country, but Miami currently has 6 guys running sub-4.40 and I'm sure if you look around the country, I'm sure they're not alone in having that many guys running those types of times.

Don't mean to detract from or sidetrack the conversation on where the team stands though. Team speed is up at the skill positions. I don't think we'd even have more than one or two guys running hand-timed sub-4.40 a couple years ago. We know Homer can take it the distance, and Lingard is said to be even faster. We know Richards can take it the distance and Harley and Thomas are just as fast, if not faster. Ja. Johnson seems like he's putting in work too and primed for a big year.

Advertisement
Our DB's and LB's numbers as a whole are alarmingly insufficient, especially the LB's.

Advertisement
Back