Wednesday, 8/26 PractiSe

They didn't get there until later in Sweetness Career...like near the end (84-85

So a perennially pro bowl LT in Lomas Brown and then a Center in Kevin Glover who made a few pro bowls sucks right. If you want to say they were about even in Sweetness later years, i'd buy that. However saying they were head and shoulders better and Barry had nothing is just outright wrong.
Payton's OL Won a Super Bowl...even having to protect Sloth Foot McMahon....
Ask @The Franchise bout Barry's OL...(Chise is a Detroit Guy) Compared to all the other Great RBs.....ANY accolades that Barry's OL recieved are because of Barry's elusiveness and moves...Hes without Question the Best I've ever seen in the NFL....Although I have also said that Gale Sayers is the Greatest Open field runner I've seen....unfortunately his short career takes him outta any GOAT discussion...

Advertisement
They didn't get there until later in Sweetness Career...like near the end (84-85

So a perennially pro bowl LT in Lomas Brown and then a Center in Kevin Glover who made a few pro bowls sucks right. If you want to say they were about even in Sweetness later years, i'd buy that. However saying they were head and shoulders better and Barry had nothing is just outright wrong.
Nah....Covert...Van Horne and Neal were there in 82 onward...plenty good enough

That's being conservative....as @The Franchise alluded to....
I see nothing i can disagree with. Barry was a BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD man, and to be honest, we're really splitting hairs between the two. Barry was the human highlight reel (Sorry Nique), but for me, and this is only me, Sweetness embodied what and NFL back is all about as he was AMAZING in all facets of the position. I guess the reason why I put him above most is that he was not only rugged, but a devastating blocker in pass pro

My favorite NFL RBs (all for different reasons) I was able to watch would be in no particular order: Barry Sanders, Ladainian Tomlinson, Jerome Bettis, and Frank Gore.

Advertisement
Eric ****erson and the nigerian nightmare

Also Tomlinsons 4-5 year stretch was ridiculous.

I just been watching this tape everyday waiting for the 10th.

Haven't seen film like this since Duke Johnson and Dalvin Cook. His talent explodes off the screen. Chaney's film is good no doubt but this Rooster tape is next level imo. I don't know how anyone could watch it and not rank him top of the heap in FL.

I like him better than Chaney. Runs with speed, vision and power.

Eric ****erson and the nigerian nightmare

Also Tomlinsons 4-5 year stretch was ridiculous.
ED was a really, really good back with the Rams. Growing up a Niners fan i would always cringe when they played ED twice a year. He was sooo good. He was a favorite of my grandmother too.

Advertisement
ED was a really, really good back with the Rams. Growing up a Niners fan i would always cringe when they played ED twice a year. He was sooo good. He was a favorite of my grandmother too.

Old Lady Wtf GIF by Cheezburger

I’m shocked not love for Sweetness my man.
It's not that I don't like him or don't recognize his greatness, I just wasn't alive during his career, so I didn't really see him play except in highlights.

I fully acknowledge he was one of the greatest of all-time, my list was personal favorite, not who was the best.

Advertisement
Beast. Years ago I knew Paul “Boo Boo” Palmer, through his Agent who I knew, and who was drafted ahead of Okoye IIRC and Okoye was supposed to be the blocker. Chiefs. Interesting how that worked out. We’re you an Earl Campbell fan like me as well?

Advertisement
Beast. Years ago I knew Paul “Boo Boo” Palmer, through his Agent who I knew, and who was drafted ahead of Okoye IIRC and Okoye was supposed to be the blocker. Chiefs. Interesting how that worked out. We’re you an Earl Campbell fan like me as well?
Yes. I love watching those old big backs go to war.

Advertisement
Back