Wednesday, 8/26 PractiSe

And you clearly don't understand why the 40 is more relevant to the game of football.
They'll never run 100m during a football play. They will however run 10, 20, 30, 40, etc.
That's why ACCELERATION is more important than "top end speed".

They're not running track, chief. They're playing football.

You're essentially telling me that Chaney is faster in TRACK...
But Rooster is faster in FOOTBALL.

(and guess what they'll be participating in on Saturdays...)
40 time isn’t really a great indication of football speed either. 40 time for this level of athlete is more about starting technique than anything else. None of that matters on the football field.

Advertisement
40 time isn’t really a great indication of football speed either. 40 time for this level of athlete is more about starting technique than anything else. None of that matters on the football field.
Cool.
We're talking about 40 versus 100m though.
40 is definitely more applicable to football.

Sanders last year at OKState was probably the best I've ever seen for a college player...ever. Nothing has come close, IMO.

1598593691354.png

That's a big fast SOB.
Man nephew is going to get his at UM. He and rooster can really change things for this team. Just wish Don Don went to a bigger Dade school so he could have already been toughened up like rooster has. I feel that is a big difference. Rooster came in already seasoned by big boy High School play. Don was a 90% of the time the best athlete on the field.

Advertisement
This. A 40 time is a good baseline. But Learning how to use it on the football field is another. That’s why the film and football speed is what you look at.

Definitely not faster. I watched them both run the 40 at a camp. Rooster ran a faster time, in cleats that were 2 sizes too big.
They're both fast though.
Well according to their 40 times Don is faster. I know I know hand time blah blah blah. I agree their both faster but Don is also much bigger and stronger.

Advertisement
The 40 is the speed metric for football. That's why they do the 40 at combines and not the 100m.

Rooster and Chaney ran the 40 in the presence of each other.

Rooster was faster. *shrug*
Show me where rooster ran under a 4.4 like the Don did.

"He also wears jersey No. 1 — so as to leave no doubt. Chaney, who committed to the Miami Hurricanes in February, is powerfully built at 5-11 and 205 pounds. But he also has speed — his best time in the 40-yard dash was 4.39 at an Under Armour camp".

Last edited:
Didnt know Chaney was that fast, 10.7s is legit af.. What year was that becuz I know he enrolled early? Kid probably could of got down to 10.5 10.6 range
Didnt know Chaney was that fast, 10.7s is legit af.. What year was that becuz I know he enrolled early? Kid probably could of got down to 10.5 10.6 range
That’s like comparing Leonard Fournette’s speed with Dalvin cook, both are fast, both can take it to the house, but Fournette is built different in the open field.

It was 4.51 for Rooster and mid-4.5 for Chaney. Electronic timing.

Hardly a difference.

Maybe Rooster breaks into the high 4.4's if he's not wearing Megatron's cleats.
Thanks for this confirmation, you just proved my point. If Rooster Ran a 4.51 to Chaney’s mid 4.5s telling you that Chaney HAS at least 2 extra gears, we’re talking about speed buddy, doesn’t matter if it’s on a track or on the field. Speed is Speed.

Thanks for this confirmation, you just proved my point. If Rooster Ran a 4.51 to Chaney’s mid 4.5s telling you that Chaney HAS at least 2 extra gears, we’re talking about speed buddy, doesn’t matter if it’s on a track or on the field. Speed is Speed.
Okay guy. LOL

Advertisement
Show me where rooster ran under a 4.4 like the Don did.

"He also wears jersey No. 1 — so as to leave no doubt. Chaney, who committed to the Miami Hurricanes in February, is powerfully built at 5-11 and 205 pounds. But he also has speed — his best time in the 40-yard dash was 4.39 at an Under Armour camp".

That's hand-timed genius.
I physically watched both of them run the 40 in front of my eyes. Rooster was faster.

Sanders last year at OKState was probably the best I've ever seen for a college player...ever. Nothing has come close, IMO.

View attachment 128674

Thank God I was watching those games live. I was but a young teen then but I still to this day have not seen anything as dominant as what I saw in 1988. He was incredible - as close to a video game created player as you can find in the modern era.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back