Wednesday, 8/26 PractiSe

Advertisement
Advertisement
Definitely not faster. I watched them both run the 40 at a camp. Rooster ran a faster time, in cleats that were 2 sizes too big.
They're both fast though.
Not trying to make this a debate but Chaney ran 10.77 PR to Rooster’s 11.28. You can bring up a 40 all you want but that’s more acceleration than top end speed. Tyreek Hill is the fastest player in the NFL yet he doesn’t have the fastest 40. Also I believe track spikes are better suited to reach full speed than any pair of big, small, or exact size cleats.

Not trying to make this a debate but Chaney ran 10.77 PR to Rooster’s 11.28. You can bring up a 40 all you want but that’s more acceleration than top end speed. Tyreek Hill is the fastest player in the NFL yet he doesn’t have the fastest 40. Also I believe track spikes are better suited to reach full speed than any pair of big, small, or exact size cleats.
The 40 is the speed metric for football. That's why they do the 40 at combines and not the 100m.

Rooster and Chaney ran the 40 in the presence of each other.

Rooster was faster. *shrug*

Advertisement
The 40 is the speed metric for football. That's why they do the 40 at combines and not the 100m.

You clearly overlooked everything I said, the 40 only test acceleration. It doesn’t test top end speed. Times don’t lie, a 10.77 and a 11.28 is a big difference. Chaney is faster. *Shrug*

I like looking at both.. Anyways what were the 40 times for both? They both look fast on film to me

You clearly overlooked everything I said, the 40 only test acceleration. It doesn’t test top end speed. Times don’t lie, a 10.77 and a 11.28 is a big difference. Chaney is faster. *Shrug*
Didnt know Chaney was that fast, 10.7s is legit af.. What year was that becuz I know he enrolled early? Kid probably could of got down to 10.5 10.6 range

Advertisement
Advertisement
And you clearly don't understand why the 40 is more relevant to the game of football.
They'll never run 100m during a football play. They will however run 10, 20, 30, 40, etc.
That's why ACCELERATION is more important than "top end speed".

They're not running track, chief. They're playing football.

You're essentially telling me that Chaney is faster in TRACK...
But Rooster is faster in FOOTBALL.

(and guess what they'll be participating in on Saturdays...)

I like looking at both.. Anyways what were the 40 times for both? They both look fast on film to me
It was 4.51 for Rooster and mid-4.5 for Chaney. Electronic timing.

Hardly a difference.

Maybe Rooster breaks into the high 4.4's if he's not wearing Megatron's cleats.

Advertisement
Back