Weak *** scheduling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting from 2015- FAU, Bethune Cookman, Cincinnati in the same year
2016-FAMU, App St., FAU in the same year
2017- Bethune Cookman, Arkansas St, Toledo
2018- Savannah St, Toledo, FIU.

You're still not answering the question. You keep talking about Miami.

What team, in the P-5, is playing 2 or more OOC teams (not including a rival) every year.

Advertisement
You're so right. A tougher schedule would have kept that from happening.
That’s exactly what I’m saying. A tougher schedule would have showed us what type of team we had. If you watch any other CFB in the top 10 and look at us, it would be clear as day that we shouldn’t be ranked that high

Have you watched the CFB playoff discussions in November. 90% of the time their talking about if a team should or shouldn’t be in because of their schedule. So i would definitely say the Playoff voters care lol

Wrong. They talk about it when comparing 1-2 loss teams to each other. Like Ohio State and OU last year. They compared the losses to each other. Ohio State smoked by Purdue, OU losing a closer game to UT and eventually beating UT in Big 12 title game. Same with UGA and OU, UGA drummed by LSU and losing close to Bama, compared to OU. They don't compare the entirety of the schedule they compare losses.

Have you watched the CFB playoff discussions in November. 90% of the time their talking about if a team should or shouldn’t be in because of their schedule. So i would definitely say the Playoff voters care lol
You said that we get in the playoffs in your porst, so it's moot but again, IDGAF about the schedule, if Miami takes care of the teams on their schedule (no matter who they are) we're going to the playoffs. Guaranteed.

Advertisement
Because we fking play nobody in conference. Geezus
That’s like saying OU plays nobody strong ICG..same with Ohio state..the power 5 will and should carry enough weight that you should only have to schedule 1 strong ooc team. We run our table and win the acc we are In. No debate needed..we were on track to get in 17 with 1 loss if that loss happened in the acccg

Wrong. They talk about it when comparing 1-2 loss teams to each other. Like Ohio State and OU last year. They compared the losses to each other. Ohio State smoked by Purdue, OU losing a closer game to UT and eventually beating UT in Big 12 title game. Same with UGA and OU, UGA drummed by LSU and losing close to Bama, compared to OU. They don't compare the entirety of the schedule they compare losses.
And this is why teams with 2 losses consistently get in over 1 loss teams. They playoff committee has showed they care about the quality of wins

Slated? Was Miami still slated for the game after Pitt? Who cares what they were slated for before the season was even complete.

You want to know how silly this is? Miami lost to a 5 win Pitt squad and got dropped to #6. We would've been in the playoffs if we beat Clemson.
In that same year, Alabama made the playoffs at 11-1, not because SEC, but because their only lost was to a 9 win Auburn who had beaten UGA, Bama, and took Clemson down to the wire.

THERE IS NOBODY THAT WE COULD'VE HAD ON OUR SCHEDULE OF 2017 IN REPLACEMENT OF BCU OR TOLEDO, THAT WOULD'VE STOPPED US DROPPING OUT OF THE TOP 4 AFTER LOSING OUR LAST GAME OF THE SEASON TO A 5 WIN DIVISIONAL OPPONENT. Simple as that.

Advertisement
You said that we get in the playoffs in your porst, so it's moot but again, IDGAF about the schedule, if Miami takes care of the teams on their schedule (no matter who they are) we're going to the playoffs. Guaranteed.
i could care less what you thought about our schedule, the playoff committee cares about quality wins, and we don’t have many

And this is why teams with 2 losses consistently get in over 1 loss teams. They playoff committee has showed they care about the quality of wins

Oh yeah? What 2 loss teams have made the CFP?

You tryna have a case closed on this thread yet or naw?

Edit: That was the Finals only, here's the picture with all teams:

Attachments

• cfp.png
    cfp.png
    93.8 KB · Views: 7
i could care less what you thought about our schedule, the playoff committee cares about quality wins, and we don’t have many
So you do care, I couldn't care less what you think. I know Miami gets in if we take care of business, period.

Who’s in charge of that? We consistently have a weak schedule every year. As much as I want to see us consistently win 10 games a year, I’m tired of us playing FAMU, Bethune Cookman, Savannah State, now Southern Mississippi, FIU, FAU and then we announce that we’re doing a home and home with USF. Mostly every year our hardest game on the schedule is FSU with the exception of a couple. I’m sure schools negatively recruit against us in that they play 4 to 5 big games a year while we may have 2.
[/QUO

Oh boy, idiot alert. Next time, please pull up future schedules before pontificating.

Advertisement
Oh yeah? What 2 loss teams have made the CFP?

View attachment 85946

You tryna have a case closed on this thread yet or naw?

Edit: That was the Finals only, here's the picture with all teams:
LOL I was just wondering if I was going crazy. Since when has 2 loss teams consistently been in the playoffs? This dude rides the short bus.

Advertisement
Just played Notre Dame in 2017, LSU 2018, uf 2019 , Michigan state 2020, bama 2021, Texas a&m in coming years too.

I agree i would like to play less of famu etc but reality is every team has team like that on their schedule
Michigan state again in 2021.

It's not an issue for SEC, they can boast "SEC scheduling".

And, quite frankly, I don't give a ****e about the "scheduling patterns" of every other Power 5 team.

Not counting the ACC, there are approximately 50 other schools we can schedule from the Power 5. You play 2 per year, that gives you 25 years before you start repeating. There are some Power 5 schools that we have NEVER EVER even scheduled, not once.

The overly-small selection committee has demonstrated that strength of schedule matters. We play in what is widely considered to be THE WEAKEST division in Power 5. Maybe it will get stronger, maybe it will not.

Nobody is suggesting that we schedule Alabama and Ohio State every year. There are a bunch of Power 5 programs that could be scheduled, and that would give our NATIONAL alumni base the opportunity to see a game in a new area.

"The scheduling patterns of other Power 5 teams". Fvck all that. We have a long history as a major independent that had to work to get respect. It's time to figure out how to get TWO WHOLE POWER FIVE SCHOOLS on the OOC schedule every year. One home, one away. Otherwise, every two years, our home schedule sucks, and most of the time our road trips suck.

Wrong

OP still uses the word "hella". Close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back