Weak *** scheduling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Can't believe what I'm hearing from some.too many softies here now.back in the day even before our great run in the 80s we played better schedules.I wouldn't go overboard but I'd like to see the schedule upgraded some.I'd rather play good teams verses cupcakes especially with a young team.players can't really anything from playing a cupcake except bad habits of those injury that could cost a win against a good team.

Can't believe what I'm hearing from some.too many softies here now.back in the day even before our great run in the 80s we played better schedules.I wouldn't go overboard but I'd like to see the schedule upgraded some.I'd rather play good teams verses cupcakes especially with a young team.players can't really anything from playing a cupcake except bad habits of those injury that could cost a win against a good team.
The point I’m making. All some people care about are wins even if it is against FAU and FAMU.

Advertisement
Miami needs to schedule top quality OOC games to make up for the disparity.

Wrong.

We schedule 1 major P5 OOC game a year. Like everybody else.

And in the next five or six years there are some years, at least a couple, when we have 2 P5 OOC scheduled teams. Unlike other teams that never do it.

If we win our conference, beat Clemson in the ACC championship game, then we’re in the playoffs. End of story. Your argument is obliterated.

What is it again that you’re complaining about?

2000 team must suck for playing McNeese State.
2001 Can't be as good as advertised....ffs they played against Troy.

Edit: Jackass response aside, we could never recreate the schedules that we played because we are no longer Independent. I think that's a huge part some people here are missing out. I asked the OP a simple question, and the reality is, the only team that can claim to have multiple huge games every year is Notre Dame, and that's because they don't have 8 games tied to their schedule. They can have 4 rivalry games, played 5 games against whoever they want, and STILL come away with 3 cupcake games.

Advertisement
This thread is the perfect storm of an obvious troll (the OP- probably posting while listening to Finebaum) appealing to the ignorant (those that don't under how the current Playoff system is structured and what the committee actually values) and those that want to just scream "Play anyone ANYWHERRRRE! (the oldheads that think we'd win 12+ games instantly if we'd just hire Soldinger back).

Wake me up when someone points to another Power 5 team playing the equivalent of Bama AND Michigan State AND their rivalry game all in the same season anytime soon too.

This thread makes the ones involving uniform debates seem high-brow.

Advertisement
The year (2021) we play Alabama, as one of 2 OOC games, the other one being Michigan State, who else does Alabama play?

What other P5 OOC game does Alabama play the year we play them, while we are playing Michigan State?

Here’s your answer: NONE, zero, zip, nada.

Go FY OP

/CLOSE THREAD

Advertisement
2000 team must suck for playing McNeese State.
2001 Can't be as good as advertised....ffs they played against Troy.

Edit: Jackass response aside, we could never recreate the schedules that we played because we are no longer Independent. I think that's a huge part some people here are missing out. I asked the OP a simple question, and the reality is, the only team that can claim to have multiple huge games every year is Notre Dame, and that's because they don't have 8 games tied to their schedule. They can have 4 rivalry games, played 5 games against whoever they want, and STILL come away with 3 cupcake games.
That 00&01 team didn't just play cupcakes they also played several top 25 and top ten ranked teams.and beat them soundly.today's team can't whip suds off a glass of beer.no comparison between that 00-01-02 team and the last 15 years we've had.last 15 years only highly ranked teams we've played were fsu and Clemson and lost every time.

That 00&01 team didn't just play cupcakes they also played several top 25 and top ten ranked teams.and beat them soundly. today's team can't whip suds off a glass of beer.no comparison between that 00-01-02 team and the last 15 years we've had.last 15 years only highly ranked teams we've played were fsu and Clemson and lost every time.

2000 our OOC games were McNese, FSU(Rivalry), Washington, and LA Tech.
2001 our OOC games were Troy, Penn St(expected to be decent), FSU (rivalry) and Washington.

The year (2021) we play Alabama, as one of 2 OOC games, the other one being Michigan State, who else does Alabama play?

What other P5 OOC game does Alabama play the year we play them, while we are playing Michigan State?

Here’s your answer: NONE, zero, zip, nada.

View attachment 85950

View attachment 85951

Go FY OP

/CLOSE THREAD
**** and we have trips to Doak and chapel hill. That is a rough schedule.

Wrong.

We schedule 1 major P5 OOC game a year. Like everybody else.

And in the next five or six years there are some years, at least a couple, when we have 2 P5 OOC scheduled teams. Unlike other teams that never do it.

If we win our conference, beat Clemson in the ACC championship game, then we’re in the playoffs. End of story. Your argument is obliterated.

What is it again that you’re complaining about?

Same old bullsh!te from you.

I'm not going to analyze over 100 schedules and go through multiple years.

The Big 10, Big 12, and Pac 12 each play 9 conference games and have 3 OOC slots. The SEC and ACC play 8 conference games and have 4 OOC slots.

Last year, there were 18 Power 5 teams in the final Top 25. For practical purposes, 2 additional teams were Notre Dame and Army. Along with BYU, that makes up the 3 Independent teams that have declined membership in conferences for various religious, military, and/or power reasons.

So I'm going to limit my discussion to just Top 25 teams, as these are teams that were not "held back" from success by scheduling 2 big games last year:

Clemson - won the national championship, played Texas A&M and South Carolina OOC
Ohio State - with only 3 OOC slots, they played Oregon State and TCU for 2 of their 3 OOC games
Oklahoma - only 3 OOC slots, they played UCLA and Army, a major independent that finished in the Top 25
Notre Dame - this one is a bit different, as they are an independent, so we have to analyze it differently, as Notre Dame played ONLY TWO non-Power-5 schools; if they had an 8 game conference schedule, that would mean they would play 2 Power 5 OOC games.
Texas - only 3 OOC slots, they played Maryland and Southern Cal
Washington - only 3 OOC slots, they played Auburn and BYU, a major independent that has won a national championship in the modern era
Northwestern - only 3 OOC slots, they played Duke and Notre Dame

So, yeah, that whole "scheduling pattern" nonsense is just a weak excuse.

Last year, the Coastal teams finished 45-45. The only worse division record in Power 15 was the Pac 12 South.

We need to schedule 2 Power 5 games per year (including ND when we can get them).

Nobody is arguing that we won't get into the playoffs if we go undefeated. The real issue is when there are several 1-loss teams or several 2-loss teams competing for one or two slots. That's when our crappy OOC schedule will bite us in the behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back