Weak *** scheduling

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I'm equating lack of manliness to advocating for playing a ***** schedule.

There is a difference.

"Unnecessary P5 game". There's no such thing. That's weak-minded thinking.

Why are you mad at me because of your weakness?

He's a dope man....he runs around here calling everybody idiots who don't think the same way he does. He knows absolutely nothing about college football, or just football in general. I highly doubt he has ever played a contact sport in his life and probably practices tax law so he doesn't have to show his pathetic face in a real court of law.

Advertisement
Here's the thing, colleges don't schedule non conference home and homes nearly as often as they used to so comparing schedules from now to schedules from 20 years ago is moot. Do you know why they don't schedule as many P5 home and homes? Because the committee has proven that they don't reward overly ambitious schedules. Would I like to see more games featuring non traditional power opponents? Of course. Is it going to happen? Nope. Let's stop acting like Miami is the only program not playing powerhouses every week.

A yearly series with UF would be perfect but we all know why that's not happening either.
Bingo

He's a dope man....he runs around here calling everybody idiots who don't think the same way he does. He knows absolutely nothing about college football, or just football in general. I highly doubt he has ever played a contact sport in his life and probably practices tax law so he doesn't have to show his pathetic face in a real court of law.
I'm pretty sure you're replying to a tax attorney 😂

"When circumstances at the margins indicate that teams are comparable, then the following criteria must be considered:"
  • Championships won
  • Strength of schedule
  • Head-to-head competition (if it occurred)
  • Comparative outcomes of common opponents (without incenting margin of victory)

Advertisement
Here's the thing, colleges don't schedule non conference home and homes nearly as often as they used to so comparing schedules from now to schedules from 20 years ago is moot. Do you know why they don't schedule as many P5 home and homes? Because the committee has proven that they don't reward overly ambitious schedules. Would I like to see more games featuring non traditional power opponents? Of course. Is it going to happen? Nope. Let's stop acting like Miami is the only program not playing powerhouses every week.

A yearly series with UF would be perfect but we all know why that's not happening either.

The committee has gone back-and-forth on SoS. First it was important, then less-so, now it is gaining in importance again.

We need to keep up with the current trends. And even if there is a temporary de-emphasis on SoS, why should we go back to scheduling crappy non-P5 schools?

I realize that 3 of the 5 P5 conferences have 9 game schedules, which is why we need to exert the extra effort. I don't have a problem with the "neutral site" games in Dallas or Atlanta, and we could rotate an early season "neutral site" game around between Jax, Orlando, and Tampa too (I realize there are some logistical issues now that we have USF scheduled for 3 games).

Maximize the ND games and go after schools who have never played us (Minnesota) or haven't played us in 50 years (Southern Cal).

But there's no need to defend the scheduling of 3 non-P5 schools every year.

Wrong.

We schedule 1 major P5 OOC game a year. Like everybody else.

And in the next five or six years there are some years, at least a couple, when we have 2 P5 OOC scheduled teams. Unlike other teams that never do it.

If we win our conference, beat Clemson in the ACC championship game, then we’re in the playoffs. End of story. Your argument is obliterated.

What is it again that you’re complaining about?

I'm sure you meant to say that Miami wins their division, then beats Clemson in the title game. But I digress, you are a college football simpleton.

Like I said earlier dope, Miami has to run the divisional "gauntlet" AND then win the ACC title against Clemson or FSU, to be considered. Which also includes winning against a strong OOC opponent.

Being in the Coastal puts them at a disadvantage when it comes down to at large selections. There are ZERO advantages for them in the Coastal, none; only negative perceptions. They **** near need a perfect season to get in.

Advertisement
Sweep Coastal, beat Clemson. That's the path to the CFP. No sense scheduling tough OOC games unless it's for a rival like UF or ND. This team has yet to show the mental toughness and preparation to win several consecutive games against competent opponents so why would you load up your schedule with them?

The point I’m making. All some people care about are wins even if it is against FAU and FAMU.
The point everyone else is making is we shouldn't intentionally make our path tougher when other teams don't. It's not like we don't schedule tough OOC games. Florida, Alabama, Mich St., Texas A&M..... But just like very other team in a major conference, you then also schedule a lesser P5 team or a G5 team, which is exactly what we do.

Advertisement

That's a really dumb article. Given that far more than those 10 teams schedule marquis non-conference opponents.

Also, the examples they mentioned aren't playing all, or even two, of those opponents in the same year. That is what they have scheduled looking forward. How is that different than us having LSU (last year), Florida, Alabama, Michigan State (actually in one year we DO have BOTH Alabama and Michigan State!), Texas A&M. Are those not marquis opponents?

SAME YEAR

Any questions?

And I would gladly play two P5 OOC games per year, if one of them was the cowardly Florida gheyturds

Otherwise, I’m good with what we’re doing. Maybe we can get some nicer looking, nicer sounding G5 opponents, but that’s about it. And we do schedule two P5 OOC games in our schedule on occasion, as above

Exactly!

Advertisement
I had my OriginalCane posters mixed up. LOL

For the record, I dominated Moot Court and Mock Trial in law school, I chose tax law because I like it.

And if you think I don't fight with the IRS, you're wrong. I haven't lost an audit issue in 15 years.

Other P5 schools have to want to schedule us to. We don't just get to pick and choose every opponent. There has to be a mutual agreement between two schools for it to work and I don't see a bunch of Pac12 or Big12 schools pounding on our doors to play us.

https://fbschedules.com/

Was going through most of the top teams in each conference on here and have been hard pressed to find a team that schedules more than on P5 team a year. Georgia does but one of those teams is always GT which has never been a marque team.

Those are the exceptions. UGA has to play Georgia Tech every year. That’s an old tradition probably goes back like 100 years.

Clemson playing South Carolina is another one. They’re going to play that game every year.

I would love to play Florida every year, which would mean 2 P5s every year. But the turds aren’t having it. They chickened out.

Otherwise I’m good with what we’re doing playing the occasional second P5 in certain years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back