Weak *** scheduling

Status
Not open for further replies.
So then explain to me how it would be in our best interest this season to have another strong OOC P5 team on our schedule to go with Florida instead of, say, Central Michigan or FIU. As in, play out the outcomes and show me how that would INCREASE our odds of making it to the playoff in 2019. I'll wait.

We don't need more teams on our schedule this year. We need to win the coastal and beat clemson. Period.
Because we fking play nobody in conference. Geezus

Advertisement
ND in '17, LSU last year, UF this year, Bama & Texas A&M within a couple. There are only so many top 25 teams that are willing to schedule tough OCC games and have the available open dates. By the looks of things, we're doing our part. Our strength of schedule is capped by being in the ACC.

Because we fking play nobody in conference. Geezus
Are you trolling or are you legitimately this dense? Our goal is to make the playoff, right? If we win the coastal and beat clemson we do exactly that, regardless of what ranking the coastal teams do or do not have. Jesus christ, man, I feel like I'm having a debate with my 6 year old.

ND in '17, LSU last year, UF this year, Bama & Texas A&M within a couple. There are only so many top 25 teams that are willing to schedule tough OCC games and have the available open dates. By the looks of things, we're doing our part. Our strength of schedule is capped by being in the ACC.
Which is exactly why we SHOULD be doing it. We don't have the SEC to fall back on. We aren't afforded that luxury.

Advertisement
Are you trolling or are you legitimately this dense? Our goal is to make the playoff, right? If we win the coastal and beat clemson we do exactly that, regardless of what ranking the coastal teams do or do not have. Jesus christ, man, I feel like I'm having a debate with my 6 year old.
Me too. Auburn with 2 losses would have made it in over a 0/1 loss team. Why do you think that is?

This stupid shlt again.

How many times do I have to explain to you geniuses that virtually every P5 team has the same type of schedule. Should I link the dozens of posts where I have explained it. Everybody has this type of a schedule.. Whether it’s Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, us.

There is some variation in some cases, but they generally follow a certain rule. And that is: they play their conference games which is mandatory, that’s usually eight games. Then every P5 team will generally play 2 G5 opponents. And one FCS opponent. And then 1 OOC P5 opponent. There are some exceptions to that sometimes it’s 2 P5 OOC opponents, but that’s an exception.

We schedule no differently than anyone else. Look at bammer’s scheduled and tell me how it’s different than ours.

Give it a fūcking rest, OP

Advertisement
Historically, most of the coastal teams have spent time ranked in the top 25. Every team has its ups and downs, unless people haven't been paying attention.

Y'all banking on Clemson being undefeated and top 2 every year, that is what we are riding our hopes on. LMAO

It's 2019. Look how the entire landscape of college football makes their schedules. Teams from conferences that play 8 conference games (like the ACC) usually have 4 OOC games. One P5 opponent, one FCS opponent, then usually two g5 or lower level p5 teams depending on your regional rivalries. I would like to dump FCS teams all together but as long as everyone else outside the big 10 is scheduling FCS opponents, I'm not going to make a stink about it.

Advertisement
We have 1 marquee OOC game a year which is perfect. The other 3 OOC games are whatever, they should be blowouts whether it’s USF, APP St, etc.

I personally don’t mind the 1 FCS game as it helps them and we get to see all of our freshmen get minutes especially with the new RS rules.

Who’s in charge of that? We consistently have a weak schedule every year. As much as I want to see us consistently win 10 games a year, I’m tired of us playing FAMU, Bethune Cookman, Savannah State, now Southern Mississippi, FIU, FAU and then we announce that we’re doing a home and home with USF. Mostly every year our hardest game on the schedule is FSU with the exception of a couple. I’m sure schools negatively recruit against us in that they play 4 to 5 big games a year while we may have 2.

I've been complaining about this since Paul ManaDee washed up on shore. The ADs we have had since then have been TERRIBLE at scheduling.

The 4 OOC games per year should go as follows: 1 home, 1 away from a Power 5 conference; 1 Division I-A non-Power-5 team (almost always a home game); 1 Division I-AA team (always a home game).

Blake is stealing paychecks.

Advertisement
Here's some more shut the **** up OP

2008 UF, TAMU, UCF
2009 OU, UCF, USF
2010 Taint, USF
2011 Taint, KSU
2012 KSU, USF
2013 UF, USF
2014 Nebraska, Cinci
2015 Nebraska, Cinci
2016 Notre Dame
2017 Notre Dame
My point exactly. One big game a year

I've been complaining about this since Paul ManaDee washed up on shore. The ADs we have had since then have been TERRIBLE at scheduling.

The 4 OOC games per year should go as follows: 1 home, 1 away from a Power 5 conference; 1 Division I-A non-Power-5 team (almost always a home game); 1 Division I-AA team (always a home game).

Blake is stealing paychecks.

We are following the same scheduling pattern as every other P5 team.

8 conference ACC opponents
2 G5’s
1 FCS
1 P5 OOC

(Some P5 teams including us, will sometimes play 2 P5 OOC’s.. but this is an exception)

So how is this an issue?

Y'all banking on Clemson being undefeated and top 2 every year, that is what we are riding our hopes on. LMAO
Dude it doesn't matter, if Miami wins the games on our schedule and wins the ACC, we're going to the playoffs. Even if we lose, if we win every other game and the ACC champion is undefeated, with the other teams in contention having at least one loss, we very well could still go to the playoffs. This has been brought up time and time again, with all the FSU white knights claiming strength of schedule BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back