Weak *** scheduling

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do agree that scheduling USF is less than ideal. We should be scheduling teams in markets where we gain something from the exposure, like Texas, Louisiana, even the Midwest (since y'all always complain about linemen).

2020: Michigan State
2021: Alabama, App State, Michigan State
2022: TAMU
2023: TAMU

You mean like that?

Last edited:
Advertisement

2017 ND
2018 LSU
2019 UF
2020.. Temple, UAB, @Mich St ( temple and uab aren't slouchesby any means)
2021.. Alabama and Mich St ( tell me what team is putting 2 P5 opponents on their schdudle like that)
2022. @ Texas A&M
2023 Texas A&M

Thank you all for proving my point exactly. One big game a year. We play Appalachian state, Toledo, and Arkansas st. consistently along with the teams i names above. Every year we beat up on garbage teams and get this false sense of an exciting team only to lose to AVERAGE TO BELOW AVERAGE teams like Wisconsin, Boston College, Georgia Tech

Here's some more shut the **** up OP

2008 UF, TAMU, UCF
2009 OU, UCF, USF
2010 Taint, USF
2011 Taint, KSU
2012 KSU, USF
2013 UF, USF
2014 Nebraska, Cinci
2015 Nebraska, Cinci
2016 Notre Dame
2017 Notre Dame

Notre Dame doesn't count. Miami has zero influence in scheduling that game as ND is obligated to play 5 ACC teams a year.

Advertisement
2021 we have Alabama and Michigan State (and App State, who is one of the better G5 teams).

Doesn’t matter, this guy sounds like a troll who wants to perpetuate the myth that we purposely have weak *** scheduling.

We’re in the conference we’re in, so that’s not going to change.

We schedule teams like Alabama, Michigan State, Texas A&M away or neutral-site over the next few years, but yet we’re scheduling weak? Complete strawman here.

Thank you all for proving my point exactly. One big game a year. We play Appalachian state, Toledo, and Arkansas st. consistently along with the teams i names above. Every year we beat up on garbage teams and get this false sense of an exciting team only to lose to AVERAGE TO BELOW AVERAGE teams like Wisconsin, Boston College, Georgia Tech

YAWN.

Our scheduling isn't the reason we've been losing games, dude. ****, we've lost game to ****** ACC teams recently. I repeat, it has nothing to do with the schedule.

Advertisement
We are following the same scheduling pattern as every other P5 team.

8 conference ACC opponents
2 G5’s
1 FCS
1 P5 OOC

(Some P5 teams including us, will sometimes play 2 P5 OOC’s.. but this is an exception)

So how is this an issue?

It's not an issue for SEC, they can boast "SEC scheduling".

And, quite frankly, I don't give a ****e about the "scheduling patterns" of every other Power 5 team.

Not counting the ACC, there are approximately 50 other schools we can schedule from the Power 5. You play 2 per year, that gives you 25 years before you start repeating. There are some Power 5 schools that we have NEVER EVER even scheduled, not once.

The overly-small selection committee has demonstrated that strength of schedule matters. We play in what is widely considered to be THE WEAKEST division in Power 5. Maybe it will get stronger, maybe it will not.

Nobody is suggesting that we schedule Alabama and Ohio State every year. There are a bunch of Power 5 programs that could be scheduled, and that would give our NATIONAL alumni base the opportunity to see a game in a new area.

"The scheduling patterns of other Power 5 teams". Fvck all that. We have a long history as a major independent that had to work to get respect. It's time to figure out how to get TWO WHOLE POWER FIVE SCHOOLS on the OOC schedule every year. One home, one away. Otherwise, every two years, our home schedule sucks, and most of the time our road trips suck.

Advertisement
It's not an issue for SEC, they can boast "SEC scheduling".

And, quite frankly, I don't give a ****e about the "scheduling patterns" of every other Power 5 team.

Not counting the ACC, there are approximately 50 other schools we can schedule from the Power 5. You play 2 per year, that gives you 25 years before you start repeating. There are some Power 5 schools that we have NEVER EVER even scheduled, not once.

The overly-small selection committee has demonstrated that strength of schedule matters. We play in what is widely considered to be THE WEAKEST division in Power 5. Maybe it will get stronger, maybe it will not.

Nobody is suggesting that we schedule Alabama and Ohio State every year. There are a bunch of Power 5 programs that could be scheduled, and that would give our NATIONAL alumni base the opportunity to see a game in a new area.

"The scheduling patterns of other Power 5 teams". Fvck all that. We have a long history as a major independent that had to work to get respect. It's time to figure out how to get TWO WHOLE POWER FIVE SCHOOLS on the OOC schedule every year. One home, one away. Otherwise, every two years, our home schedule sucks, and most of the time our road trips suck.

Between this and the baseball board, you're proving yourself to be one dumb dude.

Advertisement
You're actually proving our point. If we can't regularly beat the likes of AVERAGE TO BELOW AVERAGE teams, what do you think will happen if we schedule even better teams? LOL how will our record look to recruits then?
You can't even see what the results would be of your own argument.

You actually typed UAB and Temple 😂 my point exactly

You seen what UAB and Temple have done the last couple years? They're gonna win 8 or more games and looks better on our schedule than Savannah st or any other D2 program. I'd rather stick to playing D1 programs at least

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back