We (should) go 12-0

Every bit of this.

It’s not just who we play, but when and where. We have an opportunity to get a big time marquee win against an SEC blue blood program then ease into a very manageable schedule.

I mean, I totally agree with the majority here that 12-0 is **** rare these days, but if you’re looking over your schedule and circle the BC game, you’re not looking for a game where we may get out played. You’re looking for a game where we might shoot ourselves in the foot.

Exactly. I don't think anyone with a brain thinks Miami is one of the 4-5 best teams in the country this year. We're just not there yet. But this thread is about 12-0....meaning just beating the 12 teams we're scheduled to play. If we played FSU's schedule, I wouldn't think 12-0 was on the table. But with this schedule, it's at least a conversation. Will it happen? Most likely no. Would I be shocked if it did? Also no. It's a pretty poor schedule and the big games are spread out. Again, when you really look at it, you honestly can't map out a better schedule if you tried to make the most ideal scenario possible. There's literally 2 things on the entire schedule that you would even consider changing....the back to backs at GT & at VT (or at least maybe put them earlier in the year when it's warmer), and the short week against UNC. However, if you can't beat GT and VT you have ZERO business in the national discussion (Clemson would be favored in both these games by double digits, for example) and UNC is also playing on a short week and they have to travel, we don't.

It's a cake schedule. If we have the team we all think we might, 12-0 is on the table and anything less than 11-1 is absolutely inexcusable.

Advertisement
It's a cake schedule. If we have the team we all think we might, 12-0 is on the table and anything less than 11-1 is absolutely inexcusable.

Speak for yourself buddy. You spent a paragraph wavering on whether 12-0 could happen.

MOST people expect inconsistent QB play (whether it’s Rosier or one of the younger guys) and inconsistent OL play - let alone questionable offensive and defensive schemes/game plans at times. In this case, 10, 11 wins is certainly “excusable”.

People expecting or talking themselves into 12-0 this year are absurd.

Exactly. I don't think anyone with a brain thinks Miami is one of the 4-5 best teams in the country this year. We're just not there yet. But this thread is about 12-0....meaning just beating the 12 teams we're scheduled to play. If we played FSU's schedule, I wouldn't think 12-0 was on the table. But with this schedule, it's at least a conversation. Will it happen? Most likely no. Would I be shocked if it did? Also no. It's a pretty poor schedule and the big games are spread out. Again, when you really look at it, you honestly can't map out a better schedule if you tried to make the most ideal scenario possible. There's literally 2 things on the entire schedule that you would even consider changing....the back to backs at GT & at VT (or at least maybe put them earlier in the year when it's warmer), and the short week against UNC. However, if you can't beat GT and VT you have ZERO business in the national discussion (Clemson would be favored in both these games by double digits, for example) and UNC is also playing on a short week and they have to travel, we don't.

Yes. You’d always like a break or a cupcake after GT because the style of their offense lends itself to players getting dinged up. So the real question there is, can we get healthy and also mentally prepared to play an always opportunistic and scrappy team in their house in prime time?

So 11-1 is more realistic just because shlt happens, but I’m telling you, looking at our schedule top to bottom, any team we manage to lose to is going to come as a severe disappointment and a major letdown.

Speak for yourself buddy. You spent a paragraph wavering on whether 12-0 could happen.

MOST people expect inconsistent QB play (whether it’s Rosier or one of the younger guys) and inconsistent OL play - let alone questionable offensive and defensive schemes/game plans at times. In this case, 10, 11 wins is certainly “excusable”.

People expecting or talking themselves into 12-0 this year are absurd.

I posted on a message board under my name. Who else would I be speaking for?

And no, 10 wins is not excusable when you're favored in 12 games.

Advertisement
Yes. You’d always like a break or a cupcake after GT because the style of their offense lends itself to players getting dinged up. So the real question there is, can we get healthy and also mentally prepared to play an always opportunistic and scrappy team in their house in prime time?

So 11-1 is more realistic just because shlt happens, but I’m telling you, looking at our schedule top to bottom, any team we manage to lose to is going to come as a severe disappointment and a major letdown.

Yeah, I agree with this as well. I suppose against LSU if Miami plays well and LSU just somehow pulls the game out late and we don't shoot ourselves in the foot, of course I'll be disappointed but I can live with it. They've got some good athletes and Aranda is a Top 5 DC...it's a real program. And FSU is always a toss up no matter what. But really other than that, I'll be incredibly disappointed if we lose any other game.

I just can't see us losing a regular season game this year

This team is loaded !

This year's schedule is just like every other year's schedule. The only teams we'll face that might have a talent advantage are fsu and a random OOC team. VT & GT are dangerous, but they just aren't as good as we are and never have been. Ever.

We have a shot at 12-0, but just like every other year we're going to have to do the work. It won't take anything too crazy, just playing like our talent says we should be able to play.

need one o r two more recruiting cycles before we are at the point where we can beat Clemson and bama on a regular basis.

No we aren't. You are clueless. We are farther behind than one or two recruiting classes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
need one o r two more recruiting cycles before we are at the point where we can beat Clemson and bama on a regular basis.

Ia that all you got little drummer boy
No, that tard thing and the Bicht slurpfest above

You need to stop the more you speak the more you prove your a gutless cmr suppository.
Own you poorly spelled, largely incomprehensible babble, uttered words. You earned them :p

Advertisement
Back