We (should) go 12-0

Advertisement
We literally lost 1 game In the regular season a 10 point loss(**** Syracuse beat clemson it happens), blew out by clemson(I dont Care what happen we shouldn’t have lost that bad, 10 point loss to Wisconsin where we didn’t play good on d/rosier and the officiating was horrible.

Elite teams lose games they aren’t supposed all the time, happens to osu last year 31 point loss to Iowa and the aforementioned loss clemson suffered to Syracuse

Side note- I know people like to say how far we are away from clemson but take a look at how they destroyed Ohio State in the playoffs the year before 31-0.... that Ohio state team had 15 guys drafted months later in addition to a number of players that got drafted this draft. We got outschemed period because it wasn’t that big of a talent disparity. It happens.
Great teams lose from time to time. It happens. What great teams DON'T do is play down to their opponent's level week after week, barely surviving against mediocre teams. It's one thing to have a bad game or two, but it's another when you have 4-5 games that could just as easily be losses as wins. 2001 we had a couple survivals, but we dominated everyone else. Last year we dominated a couple games, and simply survived against several barely bowl eligible, or non eligible teams. That's not where we want to be.

**** near had it last year, I expect Anywhere from 10-2-12-0 in the regular season. I think We have a more talented and experienced team this season compared to the last overall

I'm not saying it can't be done. We obviously came a Rosier meltdown away. It's just not likely and I don't know how anyone other than bama can expect it.

Even the 2001 team got **** lucky not to lose 2 games. Both VT and BC probably should have been losses that year.

You need a lot to break your way, and LSU and FSU are going to be tougher opponents this year than anyone we played last year except Clemson/Wisconsin. Plus BC is good this year, and we go to VT. 12-0 is possible sure, but it's unlikely.

Advertisement
I'm not saying it can't be done. We obviously came a Rosier meltdown away. It's just not likely and I don't know how anyone other than bama can expect it.

Even the 2001 team got **** lucky not to lose 2 games. Both VT and BC probably should have been losses that year.

You need a lot to break your way, and LSU and FSU are going to be tougher opponents this year than anyone we played last year except Clemson/Wisconsin. Plus BC is good this year, and we go to VT. 12-0 is possible sure, but it's unlikely.
The same Notre Dame team that we demolished beat LSU on an neutral field so I would Have to say they should be in that clemson/Wisconsin group you listed. We need some things to break our way for sure but so do many other teams

We are 12-0 worthy at the skill positions, making up for trench play on both sides of the ball that I'd expect from an 8-4 team, and an unreliable quarterback. Good luck with that 12-0 prediction.

Advertisement
Why do our porsters insist on these threads. We **** near had 4-5 losses last year and have a QB who sucks and a line that sucks. Let’s worry about being 1-0 first

Why do our porsters insist on these threads. We **** near had 4-5 losses last year and have a QB who sucks and a line that sucks. Let’s worry about being 1-0 first
We almost went 11-1 in 2016 right? Did it happen no. Can’t give the blame for losing close games and when they win them try to take the credit away now matter how ugly a win is

I'm not even remotely a homer and don't remember saying this for at least a decade...but I wouldn't be surprised if this team goes 12-0 in the regular season. I still think Miami loses by double digits to the truly elite teams this year (Bama, OSU, Clemson, maybe a couple others), but they're better than everyone on their schedule and when you look at it, it sets up literally perfectly

LSU -- Tough opener but against what's been a pedestrian LSU team the past few years. Perfect opportunity to beat a team on national TV that has name recognition, but is definitely not one of the best teams in the country. Miami is favored by 3 on a neutral field. Excellent way to make a statement on opening weekend and get the hype train really rolling.

Then Savannah St at home to get healthy, then a road game at Toledo. Easing into the road schedule. No hostile environment here, a team Miami will handle easily, but the opportunity to get a relatively stress-free road game out of the way and let the team get experience traveling.

Then home for FIU, no discussion necessary, and really should be 4-0 headed into a short week against UNC on Thursday night. But it's at home, and UNC is playing on a short week too. Normally I'd say this game could be closer than we'd like with FSU being the next week, but I think the Thursday night national TV game will have the kids up to play.

Then 9 days to get ready for FSU, at home the whole time, while FSU is playing at Louisville the Saturday before. 2 extra days, FSU on back to back travel weeks. Not much more needs to be said about this game, it'll be close as always, but again a home game that Miami will be favored by probably a little less than a TD.

Would anyone really be surprised with 6-0 at this point? We'd be thrilled, but I don't think anyone's totally shocked by a 6-0 start.

Then another easy road game at UVA, and 2 weeks (13 days) to get ready for what I think will be a very improved BC team on the road. Normally this game would scare me....Miami never plays well at Chestnut Hill, and its a Friday game on the road which are always weird, but the 13 days to get ready plus having Duke the next week (kids will not be looking ahead) makes me feel OK here.

Then Duke at home as I said, should be a win (will be favored by double digits). That's 9-0. Then the stretch we all looked at when the schedule dropped....back to back road games at GT and at VT. Again, Miami will be favored in both. But that will not be easy. The game home at the end of the season vs Pitt is going to be a bloodbath. I'm not worried about that in the least. But these 2 games will determine the season IMO. If Miami can figure out how to win both those games, I believe they'll be 12-0, barring some crazy injuries. But if the team stays relatively healthy, IMO they're really 60 mins vs LSU on a neutral field, LSU with that buffoon running the program and a new OC....and 60 mins at home vs a transitioning FSU team away from being 9-0 headed to Atlanta.

Would I bet this happens? Of course not, we all know how **** near impossible it is to go undefeated. I think 11-1 is probably doable, and 10-2 would still be a good season, but for the first time since probably 2004 I can say confidently I wouldn't be shocked to see Miami go undefeated in the regular season.

Advertisement
If we don’t, then they should fire everyone! From the president down to the janitors. No excuses!!

Advertisement
this is going to be a fun season.. LSU fans are already talking about snatching the turnover chain

We got a lot of lucky bounces last year. Hard to think we get all the bounces 2 years in a row but I would love to be wrong. Go Canes!

We got a lot of lucky bounces last year. Hard to think we get all the bounces 2 years in a row but I would love to be wrong. Go Canes!
We had a lot of things that didn't go our way as well.

Hurricane
Canceled cupcake game
21 day layoff during the season
Having to practice in Orlando
Make up games taking place of bye week

Pretty tough way to begin the year, just from a conditioning standpoint. 9 guys who played vs. Toledo in our first game after the long layoff were unavailable the next week vs. GaTech due to various injuries. Factor that in the next time someone says we barely beat GaTech on a lucky bounce.

Things like that coupled with oddities like going through an entire season without an opposing team missing a FG or XP...no Holding calls between FSU and Clemson

Not a whole lot bounced our way really, other than both Homer and Rosier playing better than expected. Remember everyone being worried about Homer and ball security this time last season? Remember all the chicken little's claiming the season would be over if Walton got injured.

Stop trying to excuse last season a dumb luck. A lot of hard work and effort under adverse conditions went into that 10-3 effort.

They could have called 15 holding calls against Clemson and they still would have stomped our ***. Their D-Line was LIGHT YEARS ahead of our O-LINE. No need to mention Bryant holding a passing clinic against our D as well.

Until we shore that up we can't get by them, and they will likely have a better D-Line this season.

Advertisement
Back