We (should) go 12-0

Advertisement
Well, we will play 12 games this year, if the weather permits. In those games I will be pulling for us to win each one. 12 games I want to win. 0 games I want to lose. That makes us 12-0. For that reason, I predict we will be 12-0.

lol. this program has had like 4 undefeated regular seasons in its entire history, and we somehow still have fans who expect perfection every year.

Vegas has our o/u at 10. Advance metrics have us around 9.5. We're around #10 in pre-season rankngs.

Expecting 12-0 doesn't make much sense

Advertisement
Man. How many teams actually go undefeated? Somebody does this every year. It’s not always the best team or the best coached team that wins.

Not one of the playoff teams were undefeated last year

lol. this program has had like 4 undefeated regular seasons in its entire history, and we somehow still have fans who expect perfection every year.

Vegas has our o/u at 10. Advance metrics have us around 9.5. We're around #10 in pre-season rankngs.

**** near had it last year, I expect Anywhere from 10-2-12-0 in the regular season. I think We have a more talented and experienced team this season compared to the last overall

[
after looking at that schedule...

stop-gif-17.gif

We'd like to do that every year, its always "possible" ..... but realistically we do not operate in a vacuum.

Other teams can improve too.... people forget that the more you win ...the more you become the team that's circled/targeted on the schedule. Everyone will be prepared to be at their best when they play us.

Plus, we have no idea what's down the road, i.e. injuries etc

Advertisement
Regardless of how good our chances to go undefeated are, I'm amazed at all these "we've got it in the bag" posts lately. It's almost starting to feel like some troll shìt.

**** near had it last year, I expect Anywhere from 10-2-12-0 in the regular season. I think We have a more talented and experienced team this season compared to the last overall
We were much closer to 8 wins than undefeated last year.

Guess that’s better than having 0 undefeated seasons in history.

Advertisement
The OP is neglecting the ACC oficiating let alone what we will see in the LSU game. I could see refs handing LSU the game because "F the U. "

We squeaked by and nearly had a perfect reg season last year. Not sure why we should expect a perfect one now, unless people are sharpening their knives for Richt.

We 'd have get a lot of lucky bounces to go our way for that this year.need one o r two more recruiting cycles before we are at the point where we can beat Clemson and bama on a regular basis.

Why shouldn't we go undefeated?

Isn't Rosier supposed to be the best QB we've had & capable of leading us to the playoffs? That's what everyone is constantly arguing over right? The young guys aren't ready & young QB's never take their teams far, so what's the reason why we wouldn't?

Who's gonna be the scapegoat this season, the OL again? The Defense, the Kicker/Punter, the weather?

Advertisement
We were much closer to 8 wins than undefeated last year.
But it didn’t happen,
We were much closer to 11 wins in 2016(3 losses by 7 points or less). But what was our record? 9-4. See how dumb that sounds regardless the outcome?

That kind of proves my point. We are still losing games we shouldn't. Until THAT changes, you can forget 12-0.
We literally lost 1 game In the regular season a 10 point loss(**** Syracuse beat clemson it happens), blew out by clemson(I dont Care what happen we shouldn’t have lost that bad, 10 point loss to Wisconsin where we didn’t play good on d/rosier and the officiating was horrible.

Elite teams lose games they aren’t supposed all the time, happens to osu last year 31 point loss to Iowa and the aforementioned loss clemson suffered to Syracuse

Side note- I know people like to say how far we are away from clemson but take a look at how they destroyed Ohio State in the playoffs the year before 31-0.... that Ohio state team had 15 guys drafted months later in addition to a number of players that got drafted this draft. We got outschemed period because it wasn’t that big of a talent disparity. It happens.

Advertisement
Back