We (should) go 12-0

What Clemson does best is keep players after their junior season. It's why they usually don't need huge recruiting classes.

That sure does help them, we got guys leaving early to be 5th round picks, they got 1st round picks coming back. But don't think classes averaging above 90 aren't elite, they are.

I have no idea how they kept those D-Lineman this year besides $$$$$$$

Advertisement
That sure does help them, we got guys leaving early to be 5th round picks, they got 1st round picks coming back. But don't think classes averaging above 90 aren't elite, they are.

I have no idea how they kept those D-Lineman this year besides $$$$$$$

Didn’t say they were elite. I meant they don’t have to go out and get 28 players in a recruiting cycle. They take smaller classes filled with studs

What Clemson does best is keep players after their junior season. It's why they usually don't need huge recruiting classes.
Which is why they have smaller class overall. Honestly an effective strategy, just got to hit on your targets

I don't want them to be 12-0 until they can prove they are 12-0.

Advertisement
Don't see us running the table. We're going to be way too reliant on underclassmen, a lot of them true freshman, to be major contributors at a lot of positions. That'll catch up with us at some point.

Schedule not as easy as a lot of you would like to think. 4 of the last 6 games are on the road with GT and VT back-to-back weeks. That's not a cakewalk.

Better questions is: What should be the expectation for the O line? I mean how many years does it take to establish a cohesive, above average unit? I am not talking about elite...above average can get us in the playoffs. It all starts and ends with the O Line play. If the O line can assert themselves and we can have a running game against above average teams, watch out...I trust in that scenario that Rosey can make the right plays to get us the W without having to be something he is not...an elite QB.

Miami is one of the only teams in the country favored in all games.
Orlando Seninel is at 36 in their pre season rankings with a few teams on the Canes schedule not yet ranked.

So far.
NR Savannah State
122 FIU
94 Virginia
89 Georgia Tech
76 Pittsburgh
58 Boston College
38 Toledo

Don't see us running the table. We're going to be way too reliant on underclassmen, a lot of them true freshman, to be major contributors at a lot of positions. That'll catch up with us at some point.

Schedule not as easy as a lot of you would like to think. 4 of the last 6 games are on the road with GT and VT back-to-back weeks. That's not a cakewalk.
At what position outside of corner will we be relying on a lot of true freshman?...

Advertisement
Tight end. And I guess DE?

Our true freshmen will always play but I do think it’s a stretch to say we will be relying on them too much.
Oh yeah tight end forgot for a minute lol. Yeah but that statement was a stretch, rousseau may be good but he will be the 5th de in the rotational so he will play but not that much imo

Advertisement
A was mentioned, TE and Corner, but also DT. They're expecting Nesta to contribute quite a bit.
No we aren’t, he will probably carve out a role as the 4th dt. Which he has the talent to handle that and was an elite dt in the 2018 class.Te yeah for sure and corner yeah as the 3rd,4th or 5th guys at the position. Everyone relies on freshman to play even bama who just lost their whole secondary and are relying on surtain, jobe and others in last class.

Advertisement
I expect the Offense to get better and the Defense to be better by the end of the season.

Only thing I am concerned about is special teams, especially Kicker and losing the sure handed Berrios.
People will say punter too but I expect Feagles to get better in is second season as most punters do..

Last edited:
It's as easy a schedule as a "contender" can possibly hope for, and even more than that, as I mentioned earlier in this thread the schedule is more manageable than anything. The tough games are spread out. They're either at neutral sites or at home, with 1 real true game (at VT) where a team might have somewhat comparable talent that's played on the road. The only real issue is the back to back road games at GT and at VT. That won't be a cakewalk.

But for example, FSU plays Clemson at home, then at NC State, then at ND on 3 straight Saturdays Weeks 9 thru 11. That's a tough stretch. They play back to back earlier in the season at Louisville and at Miami. That's a tough stretch. Miami has nothing like that. LSU early, a break, FSU in the middle, a weekday game on the road at BC but a bye the week before to get ready.....it's really only the GT and VT games. 12-0 is asking a lot, there's just not a lot of teams who go undefeated in college, no matter how good they are. But as it's been said, they're favored in every game. Do what you're supposed to do and you really *SHOULD* be 12-0 this year.

It's as easy a schedule as a "contender" can possibly hope for, and even more than that, as I mentioned earlier in this thread the schedule is more manageable than anything. The tough games are spread out. They're either at neutral sites or at home, with 1 real true game (at VT) where a team might have somewhat comparable talent that's played on the road. The only real issue is the back to back road games at GT and at VT. That won't be a cakewalk.

But for example, FSU plays Clemson at home, then at NC State, then at ND on 3 straight Saturdays Weeks 9 thru 11. That's a tough stretch. They play back to back earlier in the season at Louisville and at Miami. That's a tough stretch. Miami has nothing like that. LSU early, a break, FSU in the middle, a weekday game on the road at BC but a bye the week before to get ready.....it's really only the GT and VT games. 12-0 is asking a lot, there's just not a lot of teams who go undefeated in college, no matter how good they are. But as it's been said, they're favored in every game. Do what you're supposed to do and you really *SHOULD* be 12-0 this year.
Every bit of this.

It’s not just who we play, but when and where. We have an opportunity to get a big time marquee win against an SEC blue blood program then ease into a very manageable schedule.

I mean, I totally agree with the majority here that 12-0 is **** rare these days, but if you’re looking over your schedule and circle the BC game, you’re not looking for a game where we may get out played. You’re looking for a game where we might shoot ourselves in the foot.

Advertisement
Back