We should all be Clemson fans this weekend.

Advertisement
You gotta be a tryhard ****head to try and go at other 'Canes fans for wanting the best possible scenarios for us to unfold so we can make literally the first ACC Championship Game in the what, **** near 15 years we've been in this God forsaken ******* conference?

Especially off of some flimsy "BuT rEcRuItInG, BrEhZ" nonsense. Clemson is mutha****in' 17th in the 24/7 composite rankings AFTER WINNING THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP (we're 4th) but you're out here writing novelas at folks cause they want a DIVISION RIVAL to get a CONFERENCE LOSS during the ACTUAL FOOTBALL SEASON.

Some of our fans - always looking for reasons to root for other teams.

I don't root for anybody but this U.

Whatever happens, happens. Whoever wins, wins. If it helps us, so be it, but it's way too early in the season to know the ultimate impact. Yes, it might end up being better for us if Clemson wins. But root for them? FŪCK NO!

Too many threads about rooting for other teams.

Again, no one is insinuating going out and buying Clemson gear and decking yourself out in it. It's not rocket science to see that if Tech loses, it will benefit us.

You're not insinuating - you're coming out and saying be a Clemson fan.

Fūck that.

It's one thing to wish VagTech to lose, I get that.

It's another thing that people like you, and others, become fans of other teams. Those are your words. Fans. I'll never be a fan of any other team but this U.

You can nitpick word choice and take me literally all you want, but the bottom line is that I made this thread to point out that everybody should want Tech to lose. Whether that makes you a "fan" is irrelevant. We literally have the same position on this, but you're getting hung up on vocabulary choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
No-brainer.

Any Coastal rival with a legit shot of winning the conference, you always root for them to lose.

This isn't the BCS era where you need to knock off undefeated teams to impress computers.

Several times since joining the ACC, the Canes have lost out on the Coastal—oft to the Hokies—because of one game (and has even won head-to-head, but still not reached the championship.)

Clemson all day in this one. Anyone who doesn't get that doesn't get college football.

Good Lord, we're now splitting hairs over the phrase "root for".

Is ANYTHING fun about football anymore, or does everyone have a wild hair up their ***.

Relax. No one is naming their next kid Dabo or putting a replica of Howard's Rock in their driveway if they "pull" for the Hokies to lose.

You can nitpick word choice and take me literally all you want, but the bottom line is that I made this thread to point out that everybody should want Tech to lose. Whether that makes you a "fan" is irrelevant. We literally have the same position on this, but you're getting hung up on vocabulary choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You said be a fan, amirite?

Advertisement
Regardless if VT wins or loses, if Clemson is their only ACC loss, they will win the Coastal. Clemson can beat them 223-0 and it won't matter if we lose to them. We need them to lose more than the Clemson game if we can't beat them.

I think we'll beat them and it won't matter.

I'd never root for any team against Miami, but that doesn't mean I think there's something wrong with rooting for another team in some random game on Saturday. That's not a switch of allegiance for heaven's sake, it's just a way to enjoy the rest of college football. I'm not sure why some get so tightassed and adamant about it. I guess it's like those guys who think they're cheating on their wife if they notice anyone else is good looking.

Saturday I'll be rooting for Clemson. As others have pointed out, a VT loss is more likely to benefit Miami. The recruiting argument against Clemson is silly. The biggest help for Miami recruiting is the perceived rise and momentum of the Miami program. Winning the Coastal shows we're on the rise and is a **** of a lot more important than a Clemson loss to VT for our recruiting purposes.

No brainer. Anybody rooting for VT isn't a Miami Hurricane fan.

Wrong. Anyone not rooting for Miami isn't a Miami Hurricanes fan. Can we cut this bull**** you have to root for X team no matter what? I am going to root for Clemson, but it is not illogical to want to play an undefeated VT team that has beaten Clemson.

I’ve been a Clemson fan ever since they put the final nail in Golden’s coffin!

Yes!! Exactly this! Ha.. I live in SC. So after that game, I had a ton of people call me, trying to talk ****. I wasn't exactly happy to lose that game. At the time I was actually pretty ****ed. But it was worth it. What's the alternative, u know? Keeping Golden as HC & hopefully winning 9 games that year, instead of 8? I'm certainly not happy we lost.. But not one of those Clemson fans who called me then, hang the game over my head now. They all admit they woke the sleeping giant.

Advertisement
I will forever cheer for Da Gaww (outside of them playing Miami).

I also always cheer against VT (outside of them playing UFag).

That is all.

al-golden-dabo-swinney-1000.jpg

this thread is unreadable.

let me bottom line this. I root for miami. period. end of conversation. for me, i root for miami to win and every other team in the country to lose. i keep dreaming that one night i will turn on sportscenter and the announcers will say: "Miami was the only college football team to win their game today. all other teams lost."

it hasn't happened yet, but i keep hoping. (ok, i do root for Yale and Stanford, my alma maters, but I wouldn't root for them over the 'Canes)

the point is, the ONLY way i pull for another team is if it helps UM. otherwise, i don't give a rat's *** about ACC pride, State pride, or any other kind of pride. my only analysis is whether or not it helps UM. that's where my loyalty ends.

all other schools can suck it.

here, VT losing is better for UM. so i hope the teams spend 59 minutes stomping each other's nuts into the turf until their *******'s are shredded, and then clemson wins 3-0 on a last second field goal.

there. we can lock this thread now.

Last edited:
Miami’s in the Coastal. Louisville, Clemson and FSU (NC State...) all reside in the Atlantic. And fans want fans to hope Miami can back into an ACCCG when Miami has the most talented team in the division and arguably the easiest path to win it? Maybe Miami can get a waiver to play Syracuse and Virginia every week, too?

Nope, not doing it. I don’t care who wins, but I’m rooting for VT. Why? ‘Cause I feel like it (not that it matters when I’m hoping we have to play Clemson in the ACCCG). If the players voted down a trip to the CFP because they didn’t go undefeated, I’d back them up (though i’d Hope they wouldn’t do that. LOL).

Canes fans used to pride themselves on going everywhere to play anybody and beat them...week to week; now, look what we got? Clearly we don’t have Genco’s, Sonny, just a bunch of Tom’s.

Ain’t NOBODY telling me who to root for...to be a “Canes fan”. Let’s go VT.

You make valid points. But to get back to that point, we need to catch a couple breaks. If we dont play in the ACCCG, it will be a huge blow. Just get there, let the players build confidence, let the perception of our program change for the recruits, and then we can get back to kicking everyones ***. I see where you coming from, as i miss knocking off those high ranked teams on national TV. But unfortunately we been irrelevant for over a decade and we need a little luck.
The teams that affect our recruiting most in South Florida have to stumble, fail or be beaten by Miami. Bama affects our recruiting, but they’re not losing and the only way we play is CFP. UGA affects our recruiting (now) so I hope they lose to everyone they play including UF (and UF should be lucky to win 7 games...which helps our recruiting). Clemson affects our recruiting. I want them to lose and we have to beat them at ACCCG. OSU affects our recruiting. I want them to lose. Michigan is better in Florida than PSU, so begrudgingly, I’ll accept a PSU Big 10 title but I hope WI wins it, they have a minuscule Florida presence.

Which brings us to VT. They barely, if at all, affect our recruiting; though it would be nice to establish a stronger beachhead in their territory. We play them! We must beat them! If we beat the teams that beat the unbeaten teams that helps us with recruits. I like Richt, but if he can’t win all of our remaining games (Duke; an FSU team that will lose at least 4 games not including Miami; GT; Syracuse; winless UNC; team UGA beat; UVA; and 1-4 Pitt) then he’s not the coach we need.

If we can’t beat VT we shouldn’t win the Coastal.

you're cheering for the gators to beat georgia?

take a lap

LOL this guy is a tool.

Who says that? Who roots for UF in anything? WTF player has Georgia "taken" from us down here?

Advertisement
i keep dreaming that one night i will turn on sportscenter and the announcers will say: "Miami was the only college football team to win their game today. all other teams lost."

it hasn't happened yet, but i keep hoping.

Your dream comes true on Sunday, September 2, 2018.

Arent we in the drivers seat either way? Give me the easier road any day of the week. VT loses gives us an advantage in winning the division sign me up.

No brainer. Anybody rooting for VT isn't a Miami Hurricane fan.

Wrong. Anyone not rooting for Miami isn't a Miami Hurricanes fan. Can we cut this bull**** you have to root for X team no matter what? I am going to root for Clemson, but it is not illogical to want to play an undefeated VT team that has beaten Clemson.

No we can't. It's not bull****. It's just how it goes. You're a ****.

Advertisement
Back