We should all be Clemson fans this weekend.

Genghis Cane

Chicken Wing Connoisseur
Anybody rooting for Vaj.Tech to beat Clemson Saturday night because they would rather see us play an undefeated, top 10 Vaj. Tech team is an idiot.

Finally, for once, our top competition in the coastal plays a quality crossover game, and it would be nice for Clemson to hand them their first conference loss, which would then allow us the pleasure of simultaneously knocking them out of the coastal race and putting ourselves in the driver seat.

Advertisement
Miami’s in the Coastal. Louisville, Clemson and FSU (NC State...) all reside in the Atlantic. And fans want fans to hope Miami can back into an ACCCG when Miami has the most talented team in the division and arguably the easiest path to win it? Maybe Miami can get a waiver to play Syracuse and Virginia every week, too?

Nope, not doing it. I don’t care who wins, but I’m rooting for VT. Why? ‘Cause I feel like it (not that it matters when I’m hoping we have to play Clemson in the ACCCG). If the players voted down a trip to the CFP because they didn’t go undefeated, I’d back them up (though i’d Hope they wouldn’t do that. LOL).

Canes fans used to pride themselves on going everywhere to play anybody and beat them...week to week; now, look what we got? Clearly we don’t have Genco’s, Sonny, just a bunch of Tom’s.

Ain’t NOBODY telling me who to root for...to be a “Canes fan”. Let’s go VT.

Some of our fans - always looking for reasons to root for other teams.

I don't root for anybody but this U.

Whatever happens, happens. Whoever wins, wins. If it helps us, so be it, but it's way too early in the season to know the ultimate impact. Yes, it might end up being better for us if Clemson wins. But root for them? FŪCK NO!

Too many threads about rooting for other teams.

Advertisement
Miami’s in the Coastal. Louisville, Clemson and FSU (NC State...) all reside in the Atlantic. And fans want fans to hope Miami can back into an ACCCG when Miami has the most talented team in the division and arguably the easiest path to win it? Maybe Miami can get a waiver to play Syracuse and Virginia every week, too?

Nope, not doing it. I don’t care who wins, but I’m rooting for VT. Why? ‘Cause I feel like it (not that it matters when I’m hoping we have to play Clemson in the ACCCG). If the players voted down a trip to the CFP because they didn’t go undefeated, I’d back them up (though i’d Hope they wouldn’t do that. LOL).

Canes fans used to pride themselves on going everywhere to play anybody and beat them...week to week; now, look what we got? Clearly we don’t have Genco’s, Sonny, just a bunch of Tom’s.

You are the definition of a Moran.

I am rooting for a good entertaining game.
I prefer the Hokies to lose but if they win I will tip my cap to them.

You make valid points. But to get back to that point, we need to catch a couple breaks. If we dont play in the ACCCG, it will be a huge blow. Just get there, let the players build confidence, let the perception of our program change for the recruits, and then we can get back to kicking everyones ***. I see where you coming from, as i miss knocking off those high ranked teams on national TV. But unfortunately we been irrelevant for over a decade and we need a little luck.

Advertisement
Weird that this is even a debate for some. Rocket science that you'd want VagTech to get an early conference loss and us to have a matchup with a potentially undefeated Clemson team in the ACCCG?

Nobody saying go out and buy a bunch of ghey orange and purple gear but sometimes there are preferable outcomes for us to other games.

Last edited:
I have never hated Clemson. In fact up until a couple yrs ago they were never relevant. That is prob why no one really hates them. On the other hand I can't stand Vag Tech. I remember when Mike Vick was there and they thought they were going places and we **** near broke him in half. Loved it!!! I am rooting for Clemson and I think they win fairly easy. Clemson's defense is nasty!!!! That alone will keep them in every game. Clemson wins something like 31 - 13.

Some of our fans - always looking for reasons to root for other teams.

I don't root for anybody but this U.

Whatever happens, happens. Whoever wins, wins. If it helps us, so be it, but it's way too early in the season to know the ultimate impact. Yes, it might end up being better for us if Clemson wins. But root for them? FŪCK NO!

Too many threads about rooting for other teams.

^^^ This...

Advertisement
There is a distinct difference in "rooting" for one team vs wanting to see the opposing team lose. I want to see the GayToys lose every ***** game, but that does not mean that I sing Rocky Top when they play ***** Tennessee.

You are encouraging Miami fans to root for another team other than Miami. That **** doesn't sound ridiculous to you? WTF

Advertisement
I'm probably as big a clump zen hater as there is on this site. I'll be watching the game hoping for VT to lose. Until we do it, the Primary and Only Directive is just win the **** Coastal, baby. It is what it is, that's where we are, until further notice. That is made far more likely if VT loses this Saturday.

There is a distinct difference in "rooting" for one team vs wanting to see the opposing team lose. I want to see the GayToys lose every ***** game, but that does not mean that I sing Rocky Top when they play ***** Tennessee.

You are encouraging Miami fans to root for another team other than Miami. That **** doesn't sound ridiculous to you? WTF

Exactly...I root against teams every week. VT is one of those teams. It doesn't mean I like the other team or cheer for them. I'll be rooting against FSU this week as well.

Clemson is going to expose ****** Tech, as commented upthread. They're just a national powerhouse, and the reason we probably play in a New Year's Six Bowl instead of the Playoff (unless our defense improves dramatically).

Advertisement
Back