We have 15 commits, 10 spots left.. who takes them???

Bruh your backtracking and moving the goal post.

Just admit, your wrong. And Walker cant count forward because he tool unofficial visits and he camped at Miami. That is why he counts in the 2020 class.

You're a fraud.

You claimed that I said blueshirting was eliminated.

I said to prove it, since I didn't say that. Now you are whining about "backtracking" and "moving the goal post".

Walker can't count forward because fall enrollees (who are not blueshirts) can't count forward, and the rules say so. Not because of "unofficial visits" and "camping at Miami". Because of official visits and home visits, which happened with Walker and Moise.

You just continue to state falsehoods, and then tell other people to admit they were wrong (when they were not).

Go away, fraud.

Time to put you on troll watch.

Advertisement
Dude is delusional, like he didn't call everyone an idiot about using 2020-2021 counters in any capacity. Pretty sure he called Ivins an idiot for saying we could, then did the same to anyone who commented along those lines. He obviously knows his stuff, but can't help acting like a slapdick. Some people are little guys in real life and just have to be know it all tough guys online. What can you do...

WAAAAH, waaaah, now we have a buffoon conversation between USAF and Southside, two nimrods who keep claiming I said things I didn't say.

You two clowns are both wrong. Comfort each other. Cry on each other's shoulder. Maybe you can give each other some reacharound action too.

I consistently said that we would have to use 2020-2021 counters for Walker and Moise. I was consistently correct in saying we could not use 2021-2022 counters for Walker or Moise (unless Moise defers enrollment to 2021).

I never said Ivins was an "idiot" for saying we could, I provided proof that Ivins claimed we had a countback that we do not have.

Enjoy each other's company, boys.

Class will look along the lines of this ..

Qb - 1
RB- 2 (absolutely need two not a question. If Cam has a good year and Burns GTs some where else for final year we only have Chaney and Knighton)
WR - 3 (only way it's 4 is if big time guy wants in)
OL - 3-4 (I don't think 3 is enough but who knows. In 17 took 5 (one left so really have 4), 18 took 3, 19 took 4, 20 took 3)
TE - 2
DT - 3 (after this season we will only have 4 DTs on roster since Blisset moved to DE And Roberts is losing weight to play DE, although this can obviously change with him)
DE - 1 (loaded on roster with young guys, don't need more than 1. Use spot for another need and 21 is deep)
LB - 3
CB - 3 (this is just a need, don't need to rush this one. Just make sure we get the right guy on signing day)
S - 1
K - 1
ATH - 1 (Chase Smith type)
Best player available - 1 (if we don't close on signing day will be GT)

I'm assuming you mean Taylor?

And yeah there's lot of smoke there, I'm just not gonna believe it until he signs his LOI.

He doesn't strike me as an attention seeker or the type to troll, but I've seen it a million times from kids that will suddenly start rocking Canes shirts online on purpose knowing the fans will go crazy over it, just to go elsewhere still.

I will say this though, Stroud is a dawg & if he locks in & figures out a way to get this kid signed he'll be a made man on this board. But I been telling people since the day he was hired as a support staff before he got the DL job that he was gonna wreck shìt on the trail.

Here's to hoping we land him.
Until I read that last paragraph about Stroud, I had no idea that he had such a great reputation on the trail. It's great to hear this especially at such a crucial position group like the DL. I think it's apparent to most that the weakness of this staff in terms of recruiting is on the defensive side of the ball. Blake Baker, Jon Patke and Mike Rumph have shown little to no ability in this regard. Banda has shown flashes and generally speaking has done a decent to good job on the trail but it is clear that we must upgrade the defensive staff in terms of the ability to recruit. With this in mind, Stroud and his ability to succeed in recruiting becomes even more important. Landing a DT class of Taylor, Haye and Collins to go with a DE class of Ishmael and Kilbonge or another whose name escapes me would most certainly qualify as "wrecking **** on the trail". Here's to Stroud doing exactly that.

Class will look along the lines of this ..

Qb - 1
RB- 2 (absolutely need two not a question. If Cam has a good year and Burns GTs some where else for final year we only have Chaney and Knighton)
WR - 3 (only way it's 4 is if big time guy wants in)
OL - 3-4 (I don't think 3 is enough but who knows. In 17 took 5 (one left so really have 4), 18 took 3, 19 took 4, 20 took 3)
TE - 2
DT - 3 (after this season we will only have 4 DTs on roster since Blisset moved to DE And Roberts is losing weight to play DE, although this can obviously change with him)
DE - 1 (loaded on roster with young guys, don't need more than 1. Use spot for another need and 21 is deep)
LB - 3
CB - 3 (this is just a need, don't need to rush this one. Just make sure we get the right guy on signing day)
S - 1
K - 1
ATH - 1 (Chase Smith type)
Best player available - 1 (if we don't close on signing day will be GT)
I agree except for the 1 DE. I think we need 2. After this season there is a distinct possibility that Rousseau, Roche and Phillips all leave with the possibility of 2 leaving a near certainty.

Advertisement
Until I read that last paragraph about Stroud, I had no idea that he had such a great reputation on the trail. It's great to hear this especially at such a crucial position group like the DL. I think it's apparent to most that the weakness of this staff in terms of recruiting is on the defensive side of the ball. Blake Baker, Jon Patke and Mike Rumph have shown little to no ability in this regard. Banda has shown flashes and generally speaking has done a decent to good job on the trail but it is clear that we must upgrade the defensive staff in terms of the ability to recruit. With this in mind, Stroud and his ability to succeed in recruiting becomes even more important. Landing a DT class of Taylor, Haye and Collins to go with a DE class of Ishmael and Kilbonge or another whose name escapes me would most certainly qualify as "wrecking **** on the trail". Here's to Stroud doing exactly that.
I know LCE is high on stroud but I got to see it first. Because you can call it negative or whatever but we didn’t get chantz because stroud out recruited anybody. Roberts had already been commited. Quentin williams is a solid prospect but wasn’t a top recruit or anything. The lack of DTs on that we seem to have traction with isn’t being talked about and also don’t have traction with many DEs this cycle so far.

I know LCE is high on stroud but I got to see it first. Because you can call it negative or whatever but we didn’t get chantz because stroud out recruited anybody. Roberts had already been commited. Quentin williams is a solid prospect but wasn’t a top recruit or anything. The lack of DTs on that we seem to have traction with isn’t being talked about and also don’t have traction with many DEs this cycle so far.
I can certainly understand and appreciate your position here. I think we are all in a type of wait and see mode. I will say however that an endorsement of Stroud as a recruiter given by someone as knowledgeable, insightful and respected as LCE is noteworthy to say the least.

I agree except for the 1 DE. I think we need 2. After this season there is a distinct possibility that Rousseau, Roche and Phillips all leave with the possibility of 2 leaving a near certainty.
Phillips leaving is very very slim to happening... But let's just say that he does for arguments sake..

The roster will include 7 DEs
Harvey
Cam Williams
Chantz Williams
Quentin Williams
Blisset
Roberts (as of now he's a DE)
2020 DE

It's going to be a very young DE roster if Phillips leaves. Having taken 3 DEs in 19 and 20, adding a another freshman won't help the cause to make 8 DEs. If they're not confident in what they have that's a GT move to balance depth. If Roberts does end up moving to DT at some point during the year which I think is his best position then I would agree 2 DE

Phillips leaving is very very slim to happening... But let's just say that he does for arguments sake..

The roster will include 7 DEs
Harvey
Cam Williams
Chantz Williams
Quentin Williams
Blisset
Roberts (as of now he's a DE)
2020 DE

It's going to be a very young DE roster if Phillips leaves. Having taken 3 DEs in 19 and 20, adding a another freshman won't help the cause to make 8 DEs. If they're not confident in what they have that's a GT move to balance depth. If Roberts does end up moving to DT at some point during the year which I think is his best position then I would agree 2 DE
Agree. I had come to my conclusion based partly on Roberts moving to 3 tech DT which I also believe is his best position.

Advertisement
I'm assuming you mean Taylor?

And yeah there's lot of smoke there, I'm just not gonna believe it until he signs his LOI.

He doesn't strike me as an attention seeker or the type to troll, but I've seen it a million times from kids that will suddenly start rocking Canes shirts online on purpose knowing the fans will go crazy over it, just to go elsewhere still.

I will say this though, Stroud is a dawg & if he locks in & figures out a way to get this kid signed he'll be a made man on this board. But I been telling people since the day he was hired as a support staff before he got the DL job that he was gonna wreck shìt on the trail.

Here's to hoping we land him.
I thought Stroud was laid up in the hospital bed! Our worse recruiter... Lol
Stroud finding a way to connect with the kid. You find an angle whether it's family like Banda preaches or whatever and you work it!

Markevious brown and Derrick Edwards are plenty fast and have played corner along with having the body to go against d1 players and brown has been playing against top level players

1592420464480.png

1. QB: ?
2. RB Franklin
3. RB Daniels
4. WR Smith
5. WR George
6. WR Brinson
7. TE Arroyo
8. TE Brantley
9. OT McLaughlin
10. IOL Seymore
11. C Rodriguez
12. DE Ishmael
13. DE Davis
14. DT Haye
15. DT. Collins
16. DT Taylor
17. LB Johnson
18. LB Hammett
19. LB Troutman
20. CB Curtis
21. CB Burns
22. S kitchens
23. ATH Smith
24. K Borregales

Its not gonna be 25

That would be a solid class. And if the CIS posters close to Moise are right, he will officially be #25, and will count towards this class. Similar to Brandon Washington and Taylor Gadbois a while back, where they grey shirted and joined the subsequent classes. So count Moise as an OG/DT for this class.

I do think a couple current verbals may ultimately end up elsewhere, especially if we win a lot of games and have last-minute demand from some of the other elite kids.

Advertisement
That would be a solid class. And if the CIS posters close to Moise are right, he will officially be #25, and will count towards this class. Similar to Brandon Washington and Taylor Gadbois a while back, where they grey shirted and joined the subsequent classes. So count Moise as an OG/DT for this class.

I do think a couple current verbals may ultimately end up elsewhere, especially if we win a lot of games and have last-minute demand from some of the other elite kids.

Between taking Walker and Williams (and apparently Moise as a 2021), the class might be capped at 23. Unless there was some Asa Martin relief or we can pull off some more "shirt magic", I think 23 is the number. Not sure who the odd man out would be in that case, though. Most likely will work itself out with a decommit here or there.

Walker got the last individual counter for 2020, so has no impact on 2021z

Does Williams “blue shirt” count towards 2021? I thought it only counted towards the 85 team cap not any class cap.

If so, then only Moise counts to 2021.

Advertisement
Yes, Williams counts to 2021.

23 IC slots.
I’ve seen that you have a great handle on the scholarship numbers. In your opinion is there any chance the NCAA makes a 1 time Covid exception this coming year. I.e. every school can take a full 25, regardless of actual IC numbers but staying at 85 or below? Just curious because I think we will see a record number of transfers for Covid reasons that really will harm scholly numbers for virtually every school. Interested in your take on the likelihood. Thanks

Stop grasping at straws. Nobody close to Moise has said he will be a 2020 counter. He never signed an LOI or an FAA. He rescheduled his OV for January and then never took it. As long as Manny never took a home visit, Moise is eligible for a blueshirt and he gets a 2021 spot. Which is EXACTLY why "people close to Moise" have stated that he will not be showing up on campus until the fall camp begins.

Rules. Math.

It is funny that you are using examples of kids who signed in 2009 and 2012 to explain rules that recently changed.

Williams and Moise will both be blueshirts and count for 2021.

/
I’ve seen that you have a great handle on the scholarship numbers. In your opinion is there any chance the NCAA makes a 1 time Covid exception this coming year. I.e. every school can take a full 25, regardless of actual IC numbers but staying at 85 or below? Just curious because I think we will see a record number of transfers for Covid reasons that really will harm scholly numbers for virtually every school. Interested in your take on the likelihood. Thanks

I don't know if they will make a specific Covid-19 exception, but I hope that they start by allowing you to get an IC back for any grad-transfer that you lose, as well as any upperclassman who transfers out of your school while in good academic standing and while on track for Academic Progress. You could "sell it" by arguing that it is a nod to Covid-19, as I think a lot of kids who might want to transfer closer to home will mess up the numbers substantially.

If you have hundreds of kids who transfer this year, where are the IC numbers going to come from, unless there is a rule change?

Advertisement
Back