We have 15 commits, 10 spots left.. who takes them???

Stop grasping at straws. Nobody close to Moise has said he will be a 2020 counter. He never signed an LOI or an FAA. He rescheduled his OV for January and then never took it. As long as Manny never took a home visit, Moise is eligible for a blueshirt and he gets a 2021 spot. Which is EXACTLY why "people close to Moise" have stated that he will not be showing up on campus until the fall camp begins.

Rules. Math.

It is funny that you are using examples of kids who signed in 2009 and 2012 to explain rules that recently changed.

Williams and Moise will both be blueshirts and count for 2021.

What are you talking about? I said I thought he was going to count to 2021. Is that not correct? Stop saying stupid holier than thou **** like “stop grasping at straws”. You sound like a pompous ***.

Advertisement
What are you talking about? I said I thought he was going to count to 2021. Is that not correct? Stop saying stupid holier than thou **** like “stop grasping at straws”. You sound like a pompous ***.

"And if the CIS posters close to Moise are right, he will officially be #25, and will count towards this class"

THIS CLASS is 2020-2021. Next class is 2021-2022.

What you said (and maybe it's not what you meant to say) is that Moise would be getting the final IC slot in the 2020-2021 class.

Don't be mad. I just responded to your post and your words. The "grasping at straws" comment referred to the "CIS posters close to Moise" being the basis for your conclusion. Those people indicated that Moise would report for the fall camp, which is consistent with a blueshirt. How you turned that into "officially #25" in "this class", I don't understand.

/

I don't know if they will make a specific Covid-19 exception, but I hope that they start by allowing you to get an IC back for any grad-transfer that you lose, as well as any upperclassman who transfers out of your school while in good academic standing and while on track for Academic Progress. You could "sell it" by arguing that it is a nod to Covid-19, as I think a lot of kids who might want to transfer closer to home will mess up the numbers substantially.

If you have hundreds of kids who transfer this year, where are the IC numbers going to come from, unless there is a rule change?
Has to be. This is why so many kids are stuck in the portal while all the schools are well under the 85. They have to figure a way to remedy that given it was the ncaa who created this system that led to mass transfers.

Has to be. This is why so many kids are stuck in the portal while all the schools are well under the 85. They have to figure a way to remedy that given it was the ncaa who created this system that led to mass transfers.

I agree completely.

If the NCAA really wanted to do something positive to support the goal of GRADUATING, they would take Grad-Transfers out of the IC rule entirely.

Have you done everything you should have done (graduating)? Fine, then you can spend your last year or two at the college of your choice, pursuing a graduate degree.

PS - just a thought, for those who think unlimited Grad-Transfers would help some teams have very experienced rosters - the natural "limitation" would be that if some school like K-State tries to load up on G-Ts every year, it becomes vulnerable to losing HS recruits and/or underclassmen who choose to transfer out.

"And if the CIS posters close to Moise are right, he will officially be #25, and will count towards this class"

THIS CLASS is 2020-2021. Next class is 2021-2022.

What you said (and maybe it's not what you meant to say) is that Moise would be getting the final IC slot in the 2020-2021 class.

Don't be mad. I just responded to your post and your words. The "grasping at straws" comment referred to the "CIS posters close to Moise" being the basis for your conclusion. Those people indicated that Moise would report for the fall camp, which is consistent with a blueshirt. How you turned that into "officially #25" in "this class", I don't understand.

My misunderstanding then. When I said "this class" I was responding to ZBrod's post where he said the 2021 class that includes Brinson, Franklin, Seymore, etc will have only 24 spots, and I was saying Moise would essentially be counted as the 25th guy in that class, not in the class that includes TVD, Knighton, Rivers, etc. Do you agree with that? Or am I mistaken.

Advertisement
My misunderstanding then. When I said "this class" I was responding to ZBrod's post where he said the 2021 class that includes Brinson, Franklin, Seymore, etc will have only 24 spots, and I was saying Moise would essentially be counted as the 25th guy in that class, not in the class that includes TVD, Knighton, Rivers, etc. Do you agree with that? Or am I mistaken.

OK, fair enough, I'm not mad at ya. I've done my best to help folks understand the rules and to not be mad at the coaches for "saving scholarships".

You and I are in agreement, I think.

It is my understanding (and shockingly, I think Ivins confirmed) that Williams and Moise will both be blueshirts, thus giving us 23 for 21 (unless we get a mid-year graduation replacement exception or two).

I am thrilled to have both, it's just important to realize that it limits our ability to sign more HS kids when we go 15-0 this year.

I kid, but going undefeated is my standard for every season, even if we fall short.

Advertisement
Back