We (fans) need to temper our expectations and be patient.

Life is NOT NCAA14! It is going to take time. Anyone who expects a natty this year or next is delusional. 20 plus years of ineptitude? 20 plus years of little true support from the admin? List the coaches since our last natty....

Coker (Butch built that team, Coker was just a placeholder)
Shannon - great DC but bad HC
Golden - what needs to be said
Richt (bright spot on this list)
Manny - terrible terrible terrible choice, worst coach we ever had. Period. (and you expect miracles after this guy was running recruiting)

Manny was great with players Richt recruited but his recruits were by and large not up to snuff. And this roster is FULL of his recruits. We have to expect that it will take a few years. I know. I know. I know. Guys it pains me to see the Clemson's of this world winning when we are not. We will be back. Look at the positives from this season.
Did you really need to tell us that? Anybody posting or even thinking we are not a bad team should be Baker Acted immediately.

Advertisement
Who was expecting a Natty this year or not next? Pumpers always with the straw man arguments.
Not a single person said it. 0.0 posters. Yet the same 4-5 sunshine pumping speds just keep firing it out like it was a thing. The most entertaining part being that I bet every one of those same speds chose 9-3 or 10-2 on the poll. This happens CONSTANTLY on this board.

Advertisement

EXPECTATIONS ARE BELIEFS or assumptions about the future. They are usually hopeful and optimistic. We have the warning “expect the worst” because we so seldom do. More importantly, expectations are hardy. All they need to take root is the absence of evidence to the contrary. Once rooted, the unspoken word encourages their growth. They can develop and thrive without being grounded in reality. For this reason, project managers do daily battle with unrealistic expectations.

Life is NOT NCAA14! It is going to take time. Anyone who expects a natty this year or next is delusional. 20 plus years of ineptitude? 20 plus years of little true support from the admin? List the coaches since our last natty....

Coker (Butch built that team, Coker was just a placeholder)
Shannon - great DC but bad HC
Golden - what needs to be said
Richt (bright spot on this list)
Manny - terrible terrible terrible choice, worst coach we ever had. Period. (and you expect miracles after this guy was running recruiting)

Manny was great with players Richt recruited but his recruits were by and large not up to snuff. And this roster is FULL of his recruits. We have to expect that it will take a few years. I know. I know. I know. Guys it pains me to see the Clemson's of this world winning when we are not. We will be back. Look at the positives from this season.
Haven't won a chip in 21 years. Haven't been seriously in championship consideration in 20 years. Haven't been a decent team in 17 years. How much longer should we wait

Haven't won a chip in 21 years. Haven't been seriously in championship consideration in 20 years. Haven't been a decent team in 17 years. How much longer should we wait
Dude, I don't know, but I want to see it done right so that we have sustainable success. If you are rebuilding a house and you ignore the rotten foundation, it does not matter how much you spend on the rest of the house, it will collapse eventually. the Transfer Portal is like propping it up while you fix the foundation. You can't tell me that the current foundation is solid. He (Mario) has to get in there and rip out that foundation and rebuild it.

Another mistake is continuing to rely on recruiting rankings.

Are you saying that the guy who could win 12 games with "less talent", including a game in Columbus, somehow doesn't have what it takes with MORE talent? That's the contradiction that no one seems to be able to explain.
What you’re saying makes no sense. Oregon had more talent than almost every opponent he played, most of the time by a wide margin. And the pac 12 is by far the worst p5 conference, especially over the last 5 years. Oregon won 10 games last year with the most talent in the pac 12. They won 12 in 2019 when they had Herbert and had the 2nd most talent in the pac 12.

Advertisement
Dude, I don't know, but I want to see it done right so that we have sustainable success. If you are rebuilding a house and you ignore the rotten foundation, it does not matter how much you spend on the rest of the house, it will collapse eventually. the Transfer Portal is like propping it up while you fix the foundation. You can't tell me that the current foundation is solid. He (Mario) has to get in there and rip out that foundation and rebuild it.
What’s the foundation in your analogy?

What you’re saying makes no sense. Oregon had more talent than almost every opponent he played, most of the time by a wide margin. And the pac 12 is by far the worst p5 conference, especially over the last 5 years. Oregon won 10 games last year with the most talent in the pac 12. They won 12 in 2019 when they had Herbert and had the 2nd most talent in the pac 12.

Right, and he won those games. So it doesn't make sense that he's a bumbling idiot who can't take "south Florida talent" and even hang with MTSU.

I’m in the boat saying I thought we would be better this year, but can’t jump ship at this point. Although not a given we should be able to win the next three and get some momentum to set up a mediocre fest with fspoo. If we can win that one we may be able to get to 8 wins. Would be a tough pill to swallow to have the same results or worse as Mandy at 7-5.

Advertisement
Right, and he won those games. So it doesn't make sense that he's a bumbling idiot who can't take "south Florida talent" and even hang with MTSU.
Whats your argument then? That mtsu had better players than us ?
And I guess you’ve never seen a coach succeed at one job and fail at another…should I provide a list? It also doesn’t make sense to agree with the talent Oregon had based on recruiting rankings and disagree when it comes to Miami. Also look at Oregons records over the last 15 years. They were successful long before Mario and still are now

Whats your argument then? That mtsu had better players than us ?
And I guess you’ve never seen a coach succeed at one job and fail at another…should I provide a list? It also doesn’t make sense to agree with the talent Oregon had based on recruiting rankings and disagree when it comes to Miami. Also look at Oregons records over the last 15 years. They were successful long before Mario and still are now

Good lord.

If Mario is such an idiot that he can't take Miami's talent and beat MTSU, then how did he win 10 and 12 games in a different P5 conference? "Because the Pac12 sucks". Well doesn't MTSU suck?

Our roster is brutal. For some reason, you people think Mario is the one coach, literally the one coach, who was supposed to come in a change a program that has failed for 21 years.

Good lord.

If Mario is such an idiot that he can't take Miami's talent and beat MTSU, then how did he win 10 and 12 games in a different P5 conference? "Because the Pac12 sucks". Well doesn't MTSU suck?

Our roster is brutal. For some reason, you people think Mario is the one coach, literally the one coach, who was supposed to come in a change a program that has failed for 21 years.
Didn’t Stanford suck last year too? And Oregon state and cal in 2020? And Arizona both times he lost to them? Him losing to inferior teams isn’t new, and he had much more talent than Utah each time he got throttled by them but wittingham is highly respected so no one usually points out the talent disparity

And Even you thought he would win 10 games this year, so how do you answer your own question?

Advertisement
Didn’t Stanford suck last year too? And Oregon state and cal in 2020? And Arizona both times he lost to them? Him losing to inferior teams isn’t new, and he had much more talent than Utah each time he got throttled by them but wittingham is highly respected so no one usually points out the talent disparity

So you're not on board with a 12-win season if we lose a game to a team with, what do we call it, "lesser talent"? You'd rather keep churning through coaches until we find Saban?

So you're not on board with a 12-win season if we lose a game to a team with, what do we call it, "lesser talent"? You'd rather keep churning through coaches until we find Saban?
He had 12 wins one time in his 10 years as a HC so you want to point to the exception and act like he’s going to do it here consistently? And I never said fire him, but I have always maintained he is not some sure thing as HC. If he wasn’t a former cane, no one would have wanted him or been so excited that he was hired. The NC he has associated with him from 30 years ago will never wear off to some fans and it skews their perception

He had 12 wins one time in his 10 years as a HC so you want to point to the exception and act like he’s going to do it here consistently? And I never said fire him, but I have always maintained he is not some sure thing as HC. If he wasn’t a former cane, no one would have wanted him or been so excited that he was hired. The NC he has associated with him from 30 years ago will never wear off to some fans and it skews their perception

I don't know what he's going to do consistently. But I do know that he was good enough to win 12 games in a P5 conference. That list is very short among current coaches. But we already know that he's not good enough for us, since we expect titles.

If he wasn’t a former cane, no one would have wanted him or been so excited that he was hired. The NC he has associated with him from 30 years ago will never wear off to some fans and it skews their perception
Neither of those things matters to me one bit. We've failed with Miami guys and non-Miami guys. The only constant over 21 years is south Florida players. But thankfully that is changing.

Advertisement
Back