We (fans) need to temper our expectations and be patient.

Badbart43

Sophomore
Life is NOT NCAA14! It is going to take time. Anyone who expects a natty this year or next is delusional. 20 plus years of ineptitude? 20 plus years of little true support from the admin? List the coaches since our last natty....

Coker (Butch built that team, Coker was just a placeholder)
Shannon - great DC but bad HC
Golden - what needs to be said
Richt (bright spot on this list)
Manny - terrible terrible terrible choice, worst coach we ever had. Period. (and you expect miracles after this guy was running recruiting)

Manny was great with players Richt recruited but his recruits were by and large not up to snuff. And this roster is FULL of his recruits. We have to expect that it will take a few years. I know. I know. I know. Guys it pains me to see the Clemson's of this world winning when we are not. We will be back. Look at the positives from this season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Curretly in year 1 of a 20 year rebuild plan. Only a few more top 10 recruiting classes until we can challenge for the ACC Coastal title.

I get this line of thinking and can appreciate the sarcasm, but the fact is Mario is the coach here, he's going to be the coach here for multiple years, at the absolute least, so you have to let him do his thing and see what happens. There's literally no other choice. So you can either stop paying attention and just take up pickleball or something on Saturday's, or we have to sit back and watch how this unfolds over the next 2-3 years. He's not going anywhere, and I don't care if you hire 50 banner planes to circle the campus 24/7. He's the head coach here and there is a literal 0.0% chance he's going anywhere for multiple years. So either jump off the bandwagon, spend your Saturdays watching the Premier League and doing yardwork, or support the program and hope he can get some kids and coaches in here who fit what he wants to do, hope he can evaluate talent well enough to create an advantage over our opponents, and develop those kids into better players than when they got here. Pretty black and white, honestly.

Curretly in year 1 of a 20 year rebuild plan. Only a few more top 10 recruiting classes until we can challenge for the ACC Coastal title.
This. I personally think Mario will succeed and the future is bright but in no way can you blame any of our fans for being skeptical given what we have been for the last two decades. Every season we have been asked to be patient and wait for just one more recruiting class (or the removal of the last pieces of the previous coaching staff’s recruits).

Again, I think we finally have the pieces to turn this around but holy **** I’m still frustrated too.

This is going to go over well. This your first time going against the rising tide of mopes? You are about to find out.
z8AJNUSLDgNvG.gif

Advertisement
Life is NOT NCAA14! It is going to take time. Anyone who expects a natty this year or next is delusional. 20 plus years of ineptitude? 20 plus years of little true support from the admin? List the coaches since our last natty....

Coker (Butch built that team, Coker was just a placeholder)
Shannon - great DC but bad HC
Golden - what needs to be said
Richt (bright spot on this list)
Manny - terrible terrible terrible choice, worst coach we ever had. Period. (and you expect miracles after this guy was running recruiting)

Manny was great with players Richt recruited but his recruits were by and large not up to snuff. And this roster is FULL of his recruits. We have to expect that it will take a few years. I know. I know. I know. Guys it pains me to see the Clemson's of this world winning when we are not. We will be back. Look at the positives from this season.
No one expected a natty. But 2-3 with this charmin schedule, including 4 home games, is a joke.

Advertisement
I get this line of thinking and can appreciate the sarcasm, but the fact is Mario is the coach here, he's going to be the coach here for multiple years, at the absolute least, so you have to let him do his thing and see what happens. There's literally no other choice. So you can either stop paying attention and just take up pickleball or something on Saturday's, or we have to sit back and watch how this unfolds over the next 2-3 years. He's not going anywhere, and I don't care if you hire 50 banner planes to circle the campus 24/7. He's the head coach here and there is a literal 0.0% chance he's going anywhere for multiple years. So either jump off the bandwagon, spend your Saturdays watching the Premier League and doing yardwork, or support the program and hope he can get some kids and coaches in here who fit what he wants to do, hope he can evaluate talent well enough to create an advantage over our opponents, and develop those kids into better players than when they got here. Pretty black and white, honestly.
This.

Nobody with common sense is saying fire Mario 6 weeks into the first year of his coaching tenure here at Miami, and most people know he isnt going anywhere soon. That being said, you cannot blame people for being vocal about their dissatisfaction with the team's performances these last few weeks and losing to MTSU, an overrated Tx A&M team, as well as a mediocre UNC team. So let the fans vent and voice their displeasure.

Advertisement
lPpejTECvoJyAzMk7l.gif

When you demand 2 losses during the off season and ignore the fact that we lost to FIU and La. Tech just 3 years ago…you are going to be SHOCKED.

Yes, this roster isn’t 2-3 bad and no one expected a NC or even an acc championship. We did expect to not be out of the coastal in early October and not look like a train wreck ****show against any team in the FBS
He didn't say we weren't underachieving. He said it will take time.

Advertisement
Back