We (fans) need to temper our expectations and be patient.

I get this line of thinking and can appreciate the sarcasm, but the fact is Mario is the coach here, he's going to be the coach here for multiple years, at the absolute least, so you have to let him do his thing and see what happens. There's literally no other choice. So you can either stop paying attention and just take up pickleball or something on Saturday's, or we have to sit back and watch how this unfolds over the next 2-3 years. He's not going anywhere, and I don't care if you hire 50 banner planes to circle the campus 24/7. He's the head coach here and there is a literal 0.0% chance he's going anywhere for multiple years. So either jump off the bandwagon, spend your Saturdays watching the Premier League and doing yardwork, or support the program and hope he can get some kids and coaches in here who fit what he wants to do, hope he can evaluate talent well enough to create an advantage over our opponents, and develop those kids into better players than when they got here. Pretty black and white, honestly.

Pickleball it is

Advertisement
By that logic, you’re saying we shouldn’t be shocked to lose to another g5 team in 3 years since we lost to one this year
Correct. Until proven orherwise, I’m not setting up my expectations. It’s a very real possibility. Are you going to keep watching?

Advertisement
Mario isn't a gimmicky dude or coach.. he's not going for the Lightening in a bottle quick but short success... he's trying to build a Bama/UGA long term system/culture.. the "right now" suxxxxxxx.. trust me, like many of you, this crap ruins my entire week... the entire CFB season is ruined when we don't have the results I just spent an entire offseason getting excited about... bleeping SUX.... but I believe in Mario and think he will get this thing going, we just have to suck it up now, gather the wagons and wait this thing out... Wayyyyyy too many folks up in here jumping ship for every little thing. ****, give the man a true offseason to evaluate his team and staff and see what he does... He knows the pressure on him..

Take time to do what.. to achieve what we should with the talent we have? Why would it ever be acceptable to under achieve ?
Take time to get to the point where we're competitive for the conference and nationally. Nobody say underachieving was acceptable, but it happened, so deal with it and improve. That won't happen overnight.

Advertisement
Yes, this roster isn’t 2-3 bad and no one expected a NC or even an acc championship. We did expect to not be out of the coastal in early October and not look like a train wreck ****show against any team in the FBS
Then we were wrong to expect so much. Remember our O Line has been an issue for YEARS and we are changing schemes

Curretly in year 1 of a 20 year rebuild plan. Only a few more top 10 recruiting classes until we can challenge for the ACC Coastal title.

Yeah, but you're putting all of that on the new guy when the last five donkeys who came in laid a trash foundation and built nothing.

It's ANOTHER attempt at rebuilding, but it's not a "20-year rebuild" if the previous five guys didn't build squat.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the past 20 years were a complete and utter waste of time as nothing got accomplished with the wrong guys in charge.

Keep shouting "20-year rebuild" into the ether, but it won't speed a **** thing up with the process, or change history.

Advertisement
Being patient and accepting and supporting mediocrity are not the same. You know a car speeding off of a cliff is going to end poorly. The criticisms of approach and schemes are valid even if this isn’t a coastal champion type team right now

This has been the Miami fan's problem for 20 years. You think the talent it better than it really is. Miami fans are like travel ball parents.

Not disagreeing per se, but what's the disconnect?

The recruiting rankings say UGA, Bama, OSU, Clemson etc. recruit the best talent, and they win. Even the 2nd tier teams have good programs year in and year out. We always have one of the 2nd or 3rd best recruiting classes in the ACC, yet we never have the 2nd or 3rd best teams in the ACC. So we think we have better talent than we do, but that's what the pieces of paper tell us. And while the pieces of paper never tell the entire story, those same pieces do tell us why the teams I mentioned are good year after year. So what's the missing piece of the story? Do the coaches stink? If they do, then that kind of debunks the travel ball theory. So is it the players? Then why does 247 and Rivals do a better job of evaluating the rest of the teams' talent vs ours? Is it because Florida kids are incorrectly biased in a positive manner, and they're not really as good as the rankings would lead us to believe?

Lmao this reeks of putting on blinders in the name of supporting Mario. Are the players NC caliber? No, but are they good enough to win the coastal? -Yes

The coaches have underachieved - you can’t really argue that. They’ll get their chance to redeem themselves but right now the criticism they are receiving is more than fair.

Advertisement
Not disagreeing per se, but what's the disconnect?

The recruiting rankings say UGA, Bama, OSU, Clemson etc. recruit the best talent, and they win. Even the 2nd tier teams have good programs year in and year out. We always have one of the 2nd or 3rd best recruiting classes in the ACC, yet we never have the 2nd or 3rd best teams in the ACC. So we think we have better talent than we do, but that's what the pieces of paper tell us. And while the pieces of paper never tell the entire story, those same pieces do tell us why the teams I mentioned are good year after year. So what's the missing piece of the story? Do the coaches stink? If they do, then that kind of debunks the travel ball theory. So is it the players? Then why does 247 and Rivals do a better job of evaluating the rest of the teams' talent vs ours? Is it because Florida kids are incorrectly biased in a positive manner, and they're not really as good as the rankings would lead us to believe?

I really think this is it, and I have said it for years on the baseball board as well. It isn't a coincidence that Miami, Florida, and Florida State have all been mediocre in both sports for several years now. I'm involved in high school sports in Florida. I don't see a passion for winning among kids anymore. I see showcases and 7-on-7 events where it's all about my individual performance and no one is challenging me. Then, when the other guy punches me in the mouth in a game that counts, I don't know how to play to win.

Lmao this reeks of putting on blinders in the name of supporting Mario. Are the players NC caliber? No, but are they good enough to win the coastal? -Yes
We keep saying this like it is a forgone conclusion. But who is it on our team that you can point to and say "That guy is one of the best in the league." I mean, really? Who are the players we should be winning with on this roster?

Advertisement
Back