We (fans) need to temper our expectations and be patient.

only issue I got with coaching staff. we as fan all knew what kind of offense that miami had been running the spread offense last 2 yrs. instead of adaptting what they had they turn the offense ground n pound when they knew they didn't have the players for it!! Unbelievable!

Advertisement
Mario isn't a gimmicky dude or coach.. he's not going for the Lightening in a bottle quick but short success... he's trying to build a Bama/UGA long term system/culture.. the "right now" suxxxxxxx.. trust me, like many of you, this crap ruins my entire week... the entire CFB season is ruined when we don't have the results I just spent an entire offseason getting excited about... bleeping SUX.... but I believe in Mario and think he will get this thing going, we just have to suck it up now, gather the wagons and wait this thing out... Wayyyyyy too many folks up in here jumping ship for every little thing. ****, give the man a true offseason to evaluate his team and staff and see what he does... He knows the pressure on him..
Nick went to the SEC Title game in year 2 after going unbeaten through the reg season. Kirby went to the title game in year 2. so what youre saying is that we should expect a nearly unbeaten canes squad (also Bama was horrific and as down as miami before nick got there)

Imagine if Mario/Steele hadn't hit the portal, especially the defense. But this group only understand CFB as if it were a Disney movie. There is only one master villain to blame for everything.

We're seeing a coach and alumni and former Miami athlete torched for coming back and trying to get this **** corrected but dropping a few winnable games. They were all losable too but nobody ever says that part. Guess its easy and the in-thing to ride this coaches *** all season long. I've literally seen porsters say "I'm telling you we aren't good" all summer long and warn everyone of a .500 season while also being irrationally ****ed we losing games in the regular season that they predicted we'd lose. Most normal people go the "See, I told you" route, but these dudes out here probably physically abusing their dog after each loss.

I always enjoy the little ~ish running around every thread running over anyone that dares place blame on an athlete. I forgot his name but the moment you mention that Ivey got hustled on a wheel or TVD throws short he comes clomping in on his horse like a friend-zoned white knight waiting to make the rescue. I need a gif of Flagg Jr. letting the ball carrier go by as he pursues his defender. That one is always good for a laff--gets that porster big mad every time.

Someday we'll be on the fun side of football again and the Era of Mopes will pass and we're going to have months of offseason forum bumps to bond over. I hope we're both blessed to be on this Earth long enough to see those bumps.

Nick went to the SEC Title game in year 2 after going unbeaten through the reg season. Kirby went to the title game in year 2. so what youre saying is that we should expect a nearly unbeaten canes squad (also Bama was horrific and as down as miami before nick got there)
hard to predict undefeated, but I could definitely see a bump next year as coastal champs, under the following conditions:
- finish with top10 class
- Hit Portal hard and hit on some starting difference makers
- Possibly tweak staff some more

Advertisement
hard to predict undefeated, but I could definitely see a bump next year as coastal champs, under the following conditions:
- finish with top10 class
- Hit Portal hard and hit on some starting difference makers
- Possibly tweak staff some more
lol both coordinators will be gone is my opinion.

they dont have a choice but to hit the portal hard bc its gonna be tough to convince elite skill guys to come here this offseason.

they'll finish 10-12 as is. likely land Samson. fill it out w portal guys and thats your class.

there is no coastal next year so we dont make an ACC title game unless we finish above the better teams in the Atlantic.

Advertisement
We keep saying this like it is a forgone conclusion. But who is it on our team that you can point to and say "That guy is one of the best in the league." I mean, really? Who are the players we should be winning with on this roster?
According to 247 we have the second most talented roster in the acc and the 13th best roster in the country. It's up to the coaching staff to get the most out of the players. You give Dave Clawson at WF this roster and he's competitive for the acc title. Because he puts his players in the best position to succeed instead of trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

Look man I want Mario to succeed and will root for him but I'm also not going to blindly follow and not criticize when its clear that this coaching staff is not getting the most out of these players.

According to 247 we have the second most talented roster in the acc and the 13th best roster in the country. It's up to the coaching staff to get the most out of the players. You give Dave Clawson at WF this roster and he's competitive for the acc title. Because he puts his players in the best position to succeed instead of trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

Look man I want Mario to succeed and will root for him but I'm also not going to blindly follow and not criticize when its clear that this coaching staff is not getting the most out of these players.
Another mistake is continuing to rely on recruiting rankings.

Are you saying that the guy who could win 12 games with "less talent", including a game in Columbus, somehow doesn't have what it takes with MORE talent? That's the contradiction that no one seems to be able to explain.

. his budget is reportedly highest in the conference
4f5ffc1d-8777-425f-aa47-b6e78987d216_text.gif

Advertisement
Life is NOT NCAA14! It is going to take time. Anyone who expects a natty this year or next is delusional. 20 plus years of ineptitude? 20 plus years of little true support from the admin? List the coaches since our last natty....

Coker (Butch built that team, Coker was just a placeholder)
Shannon - great DC but bad HC
Golden - what needs to be said
Richt (bright spot on this list)
Manny - terrible terrible terrible choice, worst coach we ever had. Period. (and you expect miracles after this guy was running recruiting)

Manny was great with players Richt recruited but his recruits were by and large not up to snuff. And this roster is FULL of his recruits. We have to expect that it will take a few years. I know. I know. I know. Guys it pains me to see the Clemson's of this world winning when we are not. We will be back. Look at the positives from this season.
Hey I’m with u but we can’t just absolve bad coaching decisions. Plenty of games could’ve been won so far but bad coaching has handcuffed an already bad team

Another mistake is continuing to rely on recruiting rankings.

Are you saying that the guy who could win 12 games with "less talent", including a game in Columbus, somehow doesn't have what it takes with MORE talent? That's the contradiction that no one seems to be able to explain.
If you're going to cherry pick a positive outcome I'll cherry pick a negative one too. He lost 2 games to Utah last year where he clearly had more talent.

Let's play this game further. Go take a look at the team recruiting composite rankings. We're the only team in the top 20ish that is under 500. But yea the recruiting rankings are right for everyone else except Miami. Did I get that right? Oh and that's with a cupcake of a schedule where we should at worse be 3-2.

Quite frankly the majority of my problem isn't even with Mario. It's with the head banging philosophy we have on offense. And the reason I'm being a real pain in the rear end on this is because these preventable losses have recruiting consequences. Tyler Williams was reportedly a heavy Miami lean before the MTSU debacle. Recruiting can easily spiral down if we don't start winning games.

We're seeing a coach and alumni and former Miami athlete torched for coming back and trying to get this **** corrected but dropping a few winnable games. They were all losable too but nobody ever says that part. Guess its easy and the in-thing to ride this coaches *** all season long. I've literally seen porsters say "I'm telling you we aren't good" all summer long and warn everyone of a .500 season while also being irrationally ****ed we losing games in the regular season that they predicted we'd lose. Most normal people go the "See, I told you" route, but these dudes out here probably physically abusing their dog after each loss.

I always enjoy the little ~ish running around every thread running over anyone that dares place blame on an athlete. I forgot his name but the moment you mention that Ivey got hustled on a wheel or TVD throws short he comes clomping in on his horse like a friend-zoned white knight waiting to make the rescue. I need a gif of Flagg Jr. letting the ball carrier go by as he pursues his defender. That one is always good for a laff--gets that porster big mad every time.

Someday we'll be on the fun side of football again and the Era of Mopes will pass and we're going to have months of offseason forum bumps to bond over. I hope we're both blessed to be on this Earth long enough to see those bumps.
team isnt good but were not get *** raped off the field by MTSU bad.

Advertisement
If you're going to cherry pick a positive outcome I'll cherry pick a negative one too. He lost 2 games to Utah last year where he clearly had more talent.

Let's play this game further. Go take a look at the team recruiting composite rankings. We're the only team in the top 20ish that is under 500. But yea the recruiting rankings are right for everyone else except Miami. Did I get that right? Oh and that's with a cupcake of a schedule where we should at worse be 3-2.

Quite frankly the majority of my problem isn't even with Mario. It's with the head banging philosophy we have on offense. And the reason I'm being a real pain in the rear end on this is because these preventable losses have recruiting consequences. Tyler Williams was reportedly a heavy Miami lean before the MTSU debacle. Recruiting can easily spiral down if we don't start winning games.

Cherry picking???? The guy won 12 GAMES in a P5 conference. Now he's a bumbling idiot who can't coach Miami's "talent" past MTSU?

Yes, there is a difference in our recruiting "stars" compared to others because of the area we insist on recruiting from. Georgia is taking stud football players from every small town in the south, but we just have to have that South Florida swag.

A head coach in his inaugural year here is expected to take the reins of a 7-5 team, coached by arguably the worst head coaching hire in Miami's last two decades, to some "realists" preseason expectation? Not only that, the demands require him to accomplish this pedestrian chore with that same 7-5 team but without Mike Harley, Jaelan Phillips, Gregory Rousseau, Brevin Jordan, Quincy Roche, and whoever else transferred out/graduated with no one worth it to backfill their positions? Not sorry, that was never realistic. Consequentially, what is the 2021 Hurricanes record without the guys that left? 4-8/5-7?

We have been reduced to a skeleton crew. Just a bunch of leftover dudes, seemingly in cliques--many underserving of scholarships, that meet for practice once in a while and for 12 games each year with the hope of having an NFL career; not through their own merit but because they wear a U on their helmet. I don't care what coach you name drop--not even a Saban could come here and make this team work efficiently enough in time to make a deep run this season. That is the true realist's reality; we are not a cohesive team, our athletes are either not talented enough, incapable or willfully not performing good enough to play for a P5 team and all of them have mental problems (football-wise) likely from being so poorly coached all this time at the U. You can either coach bad habits out of them or replace them by recruiting--both take time to accomplish. To ask of a new head coach to turn around two decades of mediocrity ('17 withstanding) in less than a year is a lot. If you can internally simplify our dilemma down to that it frames this season and all these forum discussions going forward well.
He should be expected to beat MTSU

Advertisement
Back