We (fans) need to temper our expectations and be patient.

I know you could have made a lot of $$$ picking your spots over the years betting against the canes to not cover the spread.

Advertisement
Can someone tell me the positives from this season please?

2-3 with our cupcake schedule. Nothing positive ive seen.

Kids not ready, get beat by mtsu, terrible gameday coaching, 1924 Princeton offense, terrible redzone play, on and on.

Just give me one thing to be excited about for the future.

Kids not ready, get beat by mtsu, terrible gameday coaching, 1924 Princeton offense, terrible redzone play, on and on.

An On-Campus Stadium (in place of Lake Osceola) is in the works...Ruiz will buy off the DEP in no time.

Advertisement
I never had expectations of anything other than what we have seen. I believe this is a good coaching staff but I'm disappointed they have miscalculated the players they have. last years staff could have easily had the same record so this new staff has given no advantage from a coaching standpoint. Every game will be a white knuckler just like it has been for 20yrs so buckle up

He had 12 wins one time in his 10 years as a HC so you want to point to the exception and act like he’s going to do it here consistently? And I never said fire him, but I have always maintained he is not some sure thing as HC. If he wasn’t a former cane, no one would have wanted him or been so excited that he was hired. The NC he has associated with him from 30 years ago will never wear off to some fans and it skews their perception
That's 2 NC

Alot of these players are getting closer to the end of there time here every week 👍

Advertisement
Not a single person said it. 0.0 posters. Yet the same 4-5 sunshine pumping speds just keep firing it out like it was a thing. The most entertaining part being that I bet every one of those same speds chose 9-3 or 10-2 on the poll. This happens CONSTANTLY on this board.
Want us to act like there isn’t a rather large grey area between a natty and not getting blown out by MTSU

ROFL at the OP.
1665592515685.gif

1665592575465.gif

1665592666079.gif

I don't know what he's going to do consistently. But I do know that he was good enough to win 12 games in a P5 conference. That list is very short among current coaches. But we already know that he's not good enough for us, since we expect titles.
That list is not very short. Saban, smart, harbaugh, day, Brian Kelly, Dabo, Riley, chryst, ferentz, jimbo, helfrich, Mack, chizik, les miles, urban, chip Kelly, bob stoops, Gary Patterson, whittingham. This is just in the last 15 years, and goes back to before every conference played the extra champ game. And you shouldn’t be surprised to know the coaches who only did it once were all eventually fired, except for ferentz. Should we hire chizik or miles or Patterson or chryst because they won 12 games, passing that hallowed threshold? That one accomplishment doesn’t mean they are amazing coaches

Advertisement

Recruiting? The off-season where hope springs eternal?

Advertisement
Nope, but that is supposedly why Mario was hired and his specialty
Im not even trolling.

I want staff here or someone to tell me things we are doing good so i can have some form of hope for the future.

Im sure im viewed as a mope or troll or whatever. I just want someone to give me something.

We invested millions to look just as bad as last year.

That list is not very short. Saban, smart, harbaugh, day, Brian Kelly, Dabo, Riley, chryst, ferentz, jimbo, helfrich, Mack, chizik, les miles, urban, chip Kelly, bob stoops, Gary Patterson, whittingham. This is just in the last 15 years, and goes back to before every conference played the extra champ game. And you shouldn’t be surprised to know the coaches who only did it once were all eventually fired, except for ferentz. Should we hire chizik or miles or Patterson or chryst because they won 12 games, passing that hallowed threshold? That one accomplishment doesn’t mean they are amazing coaches

Hold up......so out of 130 FBS programs and probably 400 head coaches over 15 years, you came up with 19 names and you still don't think that is a short list??????

I had this team pegged as anywhere between 6-6/9-3 regular season, with a bowl win. I figured TVD would go through a bit of a struggle/adjustment period getting acclimated to a new offensive scheme (same for the rest of the offense). I even thought Miami had a more than decent chance to beat Tx A&M as they didn't impress me much. However, what I didn't foresee was Mario in year 1 would be sitting at 2-3 after 6 weeks with an embarrassing loss to MTSU.

Advertisement
Back