We (fans) need to temper our expectations and be patient.

Advertisement
The funny thing is I don’t remember so much barn burning with the last few coaches Shannon, golden, richt or even Diaz

The first year was always thrown out except for Mario seems most were envisioning a playoff run

Advertisement
The funny thing is I don’t remember so much barn burning with the last few coaches Shannon, golden, richt or even Diaz

The first year was always thrown out except for Mario seems most were envisioning a playoff run
At 8 million a yr....and a staff making another 5-6 million...you betcha (I'm not even talking a playoff run)

Yes, this roster isn’t 2-3 bad and no one expected a NC or even an acc championship. We did expect to not be out of the coastal in early October and not look like a train wreck ****show against any team in the FBS
Why isn't this roster bad enough for 2-3? A fourth year senior on this team has been 2-3 three times now.

Advertisement
The problem for me is that team has looked poorly coached and worse than last year honestly. The players we have are the players we have but what I see is bad coaching all around. Not sure how getting better players solves the terrible coaching.

You are comparing this team to a team in their second year of an offensive system and sixth year in a defensive system. We are five games into new systems on both sides.

̶̶̶̶̶̶M̶o̶p̶e̶s̶ Realists
A head coach in his inaugural year here is expected to take the reins of a 7-5 team, coached by arguably the worst head coaching hire in Miami's last two decades, to some "realists" preseason expectation? Not only that, the demands require him to accomplish this pedestrian chore with that same 7-5 team but without Mike Harley, Jaelan Phillips, Gregory Rousseau, Brevin Jordan, Quincy Roche, and whoever else transferred out/graduated with no one worth it to backfill their positions? Not sorry, that was never realistic. Consequentially, what is the 2021 Hurricanes record without the guys that left? 4-8/5-7?

We have been reduced to a skeleton crew. Just a bunch of leftover dudes, seemingly in cliques--many underserving of scholarships, that meet for practice once in a while and for 12 games each year with the hope of having an NFL career; not through their own merit but because they wear a U on their helmet. I don't care what coach you name drop--not even a Saban could come here and make this team work efficiently enough in time to make a deep run this season. That is the true realist's reality; we are not a cohesive team, our athletes are either not talented enough, incapable or willfully not performing good enough to play for a P5 team and all of them have mental problems (football-wise) likely from being so poorly coached all this time at the U. You can either coach bad habits out of them or replace them by recruiting--both take time to accomplish. To ask of a new head coach to turn around two decades of mediocrity ('17 withstanding) in less than a year is a lot. If you can internally simplify our dilemma down to that it frames this season and all these forum discussions going forward well.

A head coach in his inaugural year here is expected to take the reins of a 7-5 team, coached by arguably the worst head coaching hire in Miami's last two decades, to some "realists" preseason expectation? Not only that, the demands require him to accomplish this pedestrian chore with that same 7-5 team but without Mike Harley, Jaelan Phillips, Gregory Rousseau, Brevin Jordan, Quincy Roche, and whoever else transferred out/graduated with no one worth it to backfill their positions? Not sorry, that was never realistic. Consequentially, what is the 2021 Hurricanes record without the guys that left? 4-8/5-7?

We have been reduced to a skeleton crew. Just a bunch of leftover dudes, seemingly in cliques--many underserving of scholarships, that meet for practice once in a while and for 12 games each year with the hope of having an NFL career; not through their own merit but because they wear a U on their helmet. I don't care what coach you name drop--not even a Saban could come here and make this team work efficiently enough in time to make a deep run this season. That is the true realist's reality; we are not a cohesive team, our athletes are either not talented enough, incapable or willfully not performing good enough to play for a P5 team and all of them have mental problems (football-wise) likely from being so poorly coached all this time at the U. You can either coach bad habits out of them or replace them by recruiting--both take time to accomplish. To ask of a new head coach to turn around two decades of mediocrity ('17 withstanding) in less than a year is a lot. If you can internally simplify our dilemma down to that it frames this season and all these forum discussions going forward well.
Did not read but thanks for the response.

Advertisement

"We (fans) need to temper our expectations and be patient."​

After 20+ years of irrelevancy, no don't need to do any of that.
a 20 year problem is more of a reason to temper your expectations.

"WeVE sUCkeD fOr TwENTy yEArs. wHy IsNT thAt fIxED bY wEek 5!?"

Who is responsible for the crazy and unjustified expectations? Plenty of posters thought 10-2 was a cakewalk after our staff was completed. We've been losing for too long to turn it around in year 1. Not only that but we've been getting whipped up front on both sides of the ball. That is a rebuild from the ground up. I think we go on a little win streak now. We'll see...

Go Canes!

yet another porster that thought we would win 10+ games, now telling us how unrealistic everyone is to be disappointed in the season so far

And your opinion is worthless when you think that philips, rousseau, Jordan and roche played for Miami last year…

Rousseau played like 8 games here total, and that was in 2019. He sat out all of 2020 due to Covid

Advertisement
OP you forgot to put in your porst that Nick Saban was 7-5 his first year and lost to Louisiana Monroe. You gotta up the quality of this sunshine porsting.

Imagine if Mario/Steele hadn't hit the portal, especially the defense. But this group only understand CFB as if it were a Disney movie. There is only one master villain to blame for everything.

your opinion is worthless when you think that philips, rousseau, Jordan and roche played for Miami last year…

Rousseau played like 8 games here total, and that was in 2019. He sat out all of 2020 due to Covid
You're right--totally my mistake. I was countering the realist while on a boring snoozer of a zoom call and got my years mixed. I'll just leave it there. Our roster has gotten progressively less talented. Morale of story, CMC has to mold old hardened dog**** into a pristine castle keep.

Advertisement
Back