WBC 2023

Advertisement
Got my ticket to both Saturday games (Nicaragua/PR and Venezuela/DR).

This is the most underrated event in sports. Marlins Park is packed and loud and the players take it seriously.
The crowds are typically pumped up and fun as ****, too. Almost like a soccer crowd

I have a hard time with the injury argument. If Sandy was pitching in a "normal" spring game, would he not be trying as hard to get guys out?

And, I don't think anyone is "ok" with someone getting hurt, but if you're going to blow out your arm in March, you're going to blow out your arm in March - doesn't really matter if it happens in front of 4,000 people in Jupiter or 40,000 at Marlins Park.

Why Kershaw didn't pitch in the last two (when he was winning Cy's) and decided to pitch in this one (when he is way over the hill) is a question I hope someone asks him. And I doubt the honest answer would be "Dodgers owners said they were worried I might get hurt."
No, he wouldn't IMO, and you sort of made my point w the second question - he was way more valuable when he was in his prime.
AJ I didn’t quote your next comment about equality of exertion in spring ball out of fear of bogging down the direction of my response, I whole heartedly agree with your comments in that regard.

My statement would be that there’s an implicit control over American arms in an American-controlled baseball.

If all the top American players would participate it wouldn’t even be close. Sucks that our pitching staff this year is average. I mean Wainwright is getting the ball game 1, c’mon now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
3 Hitter for the Czech Rep is a D2 guy from North Greenville (going back to the pitching topic where I mentioned North Greenville has 3 guys who may touch 100 by seasons end). Hence why they are #1 in the country.

Advertisement
Back