WBC 2023

Advertisement

Japan might be the sleeper team to win it all, they have a ton of Pro players & their pitching staff between Yu Darvish, Shohei Ohtani & Roki Sasaki they have an Elite rotation.

Got my ticket to both Saturday games (Nicaragua/PR and Venezuela/DR).

This is the most underrated event in sports. Marlins Park is packed and loud and the players take it seriously.
It’s the one time of the year marlins park will have a great crowd, can’t miss for baseball fans in the city

Sasaki is filthy. I would love to see a Japan v DR final

He’s got the deadly combination of natural power arm speed & with nasty late breaking movement.

He threw a perfect game with 14 K’s last year against Hokkaido Nippon.

Had 241 strikeouts with 2.02 ERA in Japan last season, I’m shocked MLB teams haven’t knocked down his door with offers.

Advertisement
He’s got the deadly combination of natural power arm speed & with nasty late breaking movement.

He threw a perfect game with 14 K’s last year against Hokkaido Nippon.

Had 241 strikeouts with 2.02 ERA in Japan last season, I’m shocked MLB teams haven’t knocked down his door with offers.
The next start after the perfect game, he went another 8 perfect innings before getting pulled prior to the 9th. I can't even imagine the message board uproar if that happened here. And only 21 years old! Ridiculous ridiculous talent

Japan might be the sleeper team to win it all, they have a ton of Pro players & their pitching staff between Yu Darvish, Shohei Ohtani & Roki Sasaki they have an Elite rotation.

Haven’t done my homework to look at the scheduling to see how pitch count affects their depth, but it’s a good notion.

Initial stance has been/still is they don’t have the depth in arms but when you put it like that… MLB doing the American squad few favors, the solid pen arms going to have to play a major role next round.

Edit: Replace ‘go’ with ‘have to’

Advertisement
Went to PR/Nica and DR/Venezuela yesterday. Both were insane atmospheres, louder than the World Series.

On another note, USA has a tough road if there are no upsets. They might have to play one of these top Latin teams in Miami in the quarterfinals. That will be a road game. Then Japan, then another potential road atmosphere in the Finals.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back