WBC 2023

Advertisement
Great game last night. From start to finish. USA almost blew it with some questionable managerial decisions. Marlins Park was rocking. Can't wait to see how we do tonight. Hopefully, we won't see any political shenanigans at the game.

Attachments

• EA4C118E-EAEA-4CD5-900C-27F474FFD5DA.jpeg
    EA4C118E-EAEA-4CD5-900C-27F474FFD5DA.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 9
The Caribbean Latin American pitchers also tend to have much stronger arms than the American pitchers do, so there’s probably less worry of any major injury.

There’s a lot more National pride for them, so even if the MLB owners didn’t necessarily want them to participate in the WBC, most of the DR, PR, Venezuela etc guys would still want to & probably do it anyway.

However, most of the top Cubano players from the MLB are not in the tournament but that’s due to the fact they can’t play for their National team once they leave Cuba.
There are MLB players on the Cuban team. Not sure exactly why there aren't more. My uber driver (Cuban) last night said it's 100% political. It's the reason he expects many Cubans at the game to root for Team USA tonight.

Advertisement
There are MLB players on the Cuban team. Not sure exactly why there aren't more. My uber driver (Cuban) last night said it's 100% political. It's the reason he expects many Cubans at the game to root for Team USA tonight.
A lot of the guys who left were called traitors on the way out. The government retaliates against your family.

This is a good article with quotes from guys like Chapman. Every Cuban I know is rooting hard for the USA:

Advertisement
Helluva of an ambience at last night game. The Cuban government officials were there, and the fans were screaming and chanting at them. They were crying all game to the police to do something. The police were like sorry buddy, you can do that in this country. Awesome win. USA!

Advertisement
Well **** I was wrong about that. US pitcher brain-locked himself into a jam, got out of it with only one run damage....and that was that. Pretty complete performance by Team USA, maybe at just the right time.

Surprised to see the betting lines on the Japan-Mexico game tonight. I thought Japan would be heavily favored. Going to be fun to watch their young phenom take the mound tonight.

Helluva of an ambience at last night game. The Cuban government officials were there, and the fans were screaming and chanting at them. They were crying all game to the police to do something. The police were like sorry buddy, you can do that in this country. Awesome win. USA!
Thought some of the Cuban fans were out of line. I can never understand what running on the field accomplishes. They made it about them and not the game. I've got no problem with folks wanting to hold signs and chant during the game, but running on the field and disrupting play was a bit much.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back